Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm just throwing it out here, but am I the only one who doesn't like Judi Dench???
No you’re not and I thought I was the only one!
Dreadful luvvie, bang average actress with an ego the size of Kilimanjaro who is exactly the bloody same in every single part she plays. Cannot bleeping stand her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I must have been an awful parent as I took my about 9 year old son to Birmingham studios to watch Tiswas and he sat on Sally James knee during 1 segment. My husbands mates were so jealous. :)
My brother took me to a Tiswas thing, and I got soaked by the phantom flan flinger🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yes, Michael Williams? was it? I think he died from lung cancer. Whats was that tv series called? It was good.
---
That's it! A Fine Romance! I can still remember that theme tune too.
I loved it both of them so dry humour.Don’t get anything like that anymore though.

Reactions: 10
Bit of nice tea!
Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) came into my work today, she was a bloody delight! After she ordered we actually realised we were sold out of it but she couldn’t have been nicer about it, she had a salad and chips and she’s vegan.
Happy days 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 83
I liked Judi Dench in As Time Goes By with Geoffrey Palmer.

She was mainly stage and TV sitcoms then James Bond came along, she was nominated for an Oscar for Mrs Brown and then she won the Oscar for Shakespeare In Love. I'd say her career went to the next level in the late 90's. She's been nominated 9 times for an Oscar and one once.

Reactions: 23
The p diddy footage is awful to watch
why was he protected? was from 2016. poor Cassie.
tw it is on the fail online.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
This was me once my grandmother watched an episode and thought it was incredibly unsuitable viewing 🙈
Once in my life my dad banned a programme - The Young Ones - I thought it was because they said "crap" but it was because my dad thought it was puerile.
---
The p diddy footage is awful to watch
why was he protected? was from 2016. poor Cassie.
tw it is on the fail online.
What a vile pig.

Reactions: 16
I'm just throwing it out here, but am I the only one who doesn't like Judi Dench???
I just find myself wondering what has she actually done to arrive at the dizzying heights of national treasure?
Yes, she's been around forever, she's done a few Bond films in her national treasure phase - but what else? I cannot think of many films Judi Dench has been in, and she always plays the same curmudgeon-with-a-heart roles!
Maybe she's done loads of very worthy, lovie stage work, but I'm not interested in all that bollocks 😆
I've been to the theatre a couple of times and always found it to be a cringey and uncomfortable experience!
Similarly, Helen Mirren - I could never understand how she was elevate to national treasure status 🤷‍♀️
---
I’d rather Dench than Margolyes
Yes...fair to say 👍 Not much of a win tho, MM is a nasty old twit

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Might have found out where Judi's money is going. She has an £8 million mansion in Surrey (bought 40 years ago), which she describes as falling down in parts.
She also seems to donate money to charities, one being Multiple Sclerosis.

I'm currently reading another actor's autobiography, and he mentions doing things like adverts so you get money to then go on to do something you really want to do.

One person who did this was Spike Lee, so he could make the films he really wanted to make without any outside interference.

Getting back to Judi - I wonder what happened to her Hampstead house that burned down 🤔
And am I right in thinking her daughter Finty was involved in some way?

Reactions: 9
Might have found out where Judi's money is going. She has an £8 million mansion in Surrey (bought 40 years ago), which she describes as falling down in parts.
She also seems to donate money to charities, one being Multiple Sclerosis.

I'm currently reading another actor's autobiography, and he mentions doing things like adverts so you get money to then go on to do something you really want to do.

One person who did this was Spike Lee, so he could make the films he really wanted to make without any outside interference.

Getting back to Judi - I wonder what happened to her Hampstead house that burned down 🤔
And am I right in thinking her daughter Finty was involved in some way?
She did, apparently but IIRC it was an accident. Did find it strange that her Mum revealed that to the press though!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I liked Judi Dench in As Time Goes By with Geoffrey Palmer.

She was mainly stage and TV sitcoms then James Bond came along, she was nominated for an Oscar for Mrs Brown and then she won the Oscar for Shakespeare In Love. I'd say her career went to the next level in the late 90's. She's been nominated 9 times for an Oscar and one once.
Loved Geoffrey Palmer,brilliant actor…

Always remember his comment on comedy He was in with Richard Briars..’strange chaps women’.🤣

I thought he was great,he was in a Morse episode..stunning that one was.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I never watched supergran as it was on ITV. Did anybody else's mum in the 80s not let them watch childrens tv on ITV? Imissedout on trapdoor, count duckula. Only time I saw fun house was at friends houses.
I thonk she thought it was poor quality compared to the BBC. Husband thinks its hilairious.
Same, my mother thought ITV was common.

Reactions: 6
I just find myself wondering what has she actually done to arrive at the dizzying heights of national treasure?
Yes, she's been around forever, she's done a few Bond films in her national treasure phase - but what else? I cannot think of many films Judi Dench has been in, and she always plays the same curmudgeon-with-a-heart roles!
Maybe she's done loads of very worthy, lovie stage work, but I'm not interested in all that bollocks 😆
I've been to the theatre a couple of times and always found it to be a cringey and uncomfortable experience!
Similarly, Helen Mirren - I could never understand how she was elevate to national treasure status 🤷‍♀️
---

Yes...fair to say 👍 Not much of a win tho, MM is a nasty old twit
She was fantastic as the obsessed lesbian in Notes On A Scandal.
And Helen Mirren....Prime Suspect?!?!?! Only the best police procedural series ever made!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
She was fantastic as the obsessed lesbian in Notes On A Scandal.
And Helen Mirren....Prime Suspect?!?!?! Only the best police procedural series ever made!
Yeh yeh - Prime Suspect is an ok TV show, but it is hardly hitting the zenith of the thespian arts 🤓!

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Awful footage of P Diddy assaulting his girlfriend in 2016 on the daily mail.
Horrible man.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.