Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Maggie Smith is amazing. From her early work like The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie, to more recent like The Lady in the Van.
She was very good friends with Kenneth Williams. They adored each other. In his diaries he said she was one of a very few handful of people who was honest with him and whose opinion he respected. Another, rather bizarrely, was Gordon Jackson of Upstairs Downstairs fame.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I don't get the fuss with Helen Mirren. I think Hollywood just loses their tit for any RADA voiced actor/actress who portrays a royal eg. Helen M, Judi, D, Colin F...
Colin Farrel, playing a royal and a RADA thespian - wha for his video mentioned earlier?!
Quickly realised twas Colin the Darcey

(When you read or overthink it, but isn't Colin a funny name!?! Many names are)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I liked Judi Dench in As Time Goes By with Geoffrey Palmer.

She was mainly stage and TV sitcoms then James Bond came along, she was nominated for an Oscar for Mrs Brown and then she won the Oscar for Shakespeare In Love. I'd say her career went to the next level in the late 90's. She's been nominated 9 times for an Oscar and one once.
I remember her from school trips to Shakespeare at the RSC in the 1970s, though more her brother.

Reactions: 3
Judi Denchs career up until the 90s was mainly theatre (original Sally bowles in cabaret, desiree in a little night music plus loads of Shakespeare). It was a very successful and well respected career though. Then TV made her more well known, and then Mrs Brown, and James Bond, sent her career soaring. Aside those big ones, plus Shakespeare in love and best exotic marigold hotel, She's done loads of small films like Mrs Henderson presents, notes on a scandal and Philomena.

I've seen her on stage a couple of times and she has enormous stage presence and is excellent. I think the fact she is naturally funny and comes across well in interviews has endeared her to a lot of people.

Her and Maggie Smith are probably the best of their generation
For any other fans of the two ladies, this documentary is wonderful. Alongside Dames Maggie and Judi, are Dames Eileen Atkins and Joan Plowright. It’s a great look at their careers, love lives and so on. Can’t recommend it enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m very late to this & it’s not a secret but I had no idea how much of a nonce Anthony Kiedis is

in his book he bragged shout shagging a 14 year old. Of course how he’s dating a 19 year old when he 61.

And yet this as past by without much

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
I’m very late to this & it’s not a secret but I had no idea how much of a nonce Anthony Kiedis is

in his book he bragged shout shagging a 14 year old. Of course how he’s dating a 19 year old when he 61.

And yet this as past by without much
I know. The RHCP are scum. Didn’t he get off with Cher as kid or something? #noncewood

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I love Prime Suspect and have watched it several times. I remember when the first one was shown on TV, everyone talking about it at work the next day and the excitement of waiting for the next episode. I don't really think you get that with TV now because so many shows you can binge watch, or they have ads for them every five minutes or they're discussed constantly in the media. There's no build up of Tennison any more...
Sorry, I'll see myself out.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We got it in Scotland. My wee sister used to love watching it as there was this guy in there she thought was cute but neither of us can remember who now.
---

I think it was when she played Elizabeth in Shakespeare In Love that everyone started to ass-kiss her saying she deserved the Oscar unlike Gwyneth.
She was only in it for about 2 secs!

My problem with Olivia Colman is she's just bloody in everything, sick of the sight of her!

Reactions: 18
Can't think of Olivia Coleman without hearing her voice saying some faux humble speech " oh gosh! Oh golly! Silly little me! Chuckle chuckle oh I'm drunk! Oh Gosh! Oh golly la la"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
Lulu - "I have never had anything done to my face" is on Morning Live BBC 1 now, I didn't recognise her. She has also changed her accent again. o_O
I always get Lulu and Cilla mixed up. I know Cilla is no longer alive, but I really have to think hard when I hear their names mentioned!

Same with Micky Rourke and Micky Rooney!
---
I absolutely LOVED Orm and Cheep. Remember my mind being blown when I realised he was called Orm because he's a (w)orm🙈😂
I still remember the words to the theme tune. Quite literally an ear worm😂😂
The theme tune used to make me cry. I felt so sad for Cheep...if only Cheep could fly 😪

• Heart
Judi Dench also has very thick ankles.
It seems a lot of national treasures are just still alive and in the media. Joan Collins etc…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I always get Lulu and Cilla mixed up. I know Cilla is no longer alive, but I really have to think hard when I hear their names mentioned!

Same with Micky Rourke and Micky Rooney!
---

The theme tune used to make me cry. I felt so sad for Cheep...if only Cheep could fly 😪
Just for you 😊

---
@Sjc_80

• Heart
Can't think of Olivia Coleman without hearing her voice saying some faux humble speech " oh gosh! Oh golly! Silly little me! Chuckle chuckle oh I'm drunk! Oh Gosh! Oh golly la la"
She embodies the silly woman stereotype that I think some Americans think of when they think of 'British Woman'. You know the types of tourists who come to 'London, England' and shriek over little tins of English Breakfast Tea in giftshops and think everything here is twee and quaint? They probably think she's the typical Brit.

I think that's why she gets cast so much. That, or she has friends in the right places.

(No offence meant to lovely American posters here, but I've seen some American tourists whilst in London and lol, they find us much cuter than we actually are :ROFLMAO: I blame decades of films where plummy voiced actors give the impression that we all speak like Olivia Coleman etc and go for tea and scones every day.)

Reactions: 32
She embodies the silly woman stereotype that I think some Americans think of when they think of 'British Woman'. You know the types of tourists who come to 'London, England' and shriek over little tins of English Breakfast Tea in giftshops and think everything here is twee and quaint? They probably think she's the typical Brit.

I think that's why she gets cast so much. That, or she has friends in the right places.
I remember her from the adverts she did...think it was around the time she was on The Office.

She had a name like Bev and he was called Nev...

Didn't like her then either. She's overexposed and plays herself in everything.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.