Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In my day, Blue Peter was for the good kids and Magpie was for the naughty ones. I was a Blue Peter kid and my hubby was a Magpie guy which is about right. :ROFLMAO: That rule also applied to Swap Shop and Tiswas.

I had friends who would not let their kids watch Tracy Beaker because she was so rude.
I must have been an awful parent as I took my about 9 year old son to Birmingham studios to watch Tiswas and he sat on Sally James knee during 1 segment. My husbands mates were so jealous. :)

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I still don't like ITV. I do think it might be a north/south divide thing as well though. For some reason we never really watched ITV much in our house - I think even the soaps like Emmerdale & Corrie are more northern focused, whereas BBC had Eastenders. I
Itv is probably the one I watch the least too. They went through a phase of good dramas, but even they are all crap now, especially as Vera is ending.

Reactions: 9
My poor husband was banned from watching Grange Hill. He had a friend
My husband wasn’t either, I mock him still for this (he’s 54). Apparently one day he had a mate over for team who insisted they watched it, so as he was a guest it was on. Unfortunately husbands dad came home right in the middle of it and all hell broke loose!!
From the first bit of your post I thought you was telling us your husband couldn’t watch Grange Hill but not to feel too sorry for him because he had a friend 😂

I think Grange Hill was seen as a bit ‘able to corrupt the children’ by some!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Wasn’t Judy’s first husband Michael that she was in a Tv show,i thought him so dry and funny,seemed lovely man.Can’t remember the name of the programme.🥴

Reactions: 7
Wasn’t Judy’s first husband Michael that she was in a Tv show,i thought him so dry and funny,seemed lovely man.Can’t remember the name of the programme.🥴
A Fine Romance? I remember she did the theme song (didn't know she did singing up to that point!)

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Yes, Michael Williams? was it? I think he died from lung cancer. Whats was that tv series called? It was good.
---
That's it! A Fine Romance! I can still remember that theme tune too.

• Haha
That lunchtime ITV 'Rainbow' slot also delivered us the glorious Hartley Hare on 'Pipkins'. He was camp, sinister and moth-eaten all at once. Ahh, seventies kids' TV with all its strangeness....

• Haha
Reactions: 32
That lunchtime ITV 'Rainbow' slot also delivered us the glorious Hartley Hare on 'Pipkins'. He was camp, sinister and moth-eaten all at once. Ahh, seventies kids' TV with all its strangeness....
That is great description of Hartley Hare. I used to have nightmares about him I was a very sensitive child 😳

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
In my day, Blue Peter was for the good kids and Magpie was for the naughty ones. I was a Blue Peter kid and my hubby was a Magpie guy which is about right. :ROFLMAO: That rule also applied to Swap Shop and Tiswas.

I had friends who would not let their kids watch Tracy Beaker because she was so rude.
I loved Swap Shop but don't ever recall seeing Tiswas. We watched Blue Peter and Magpie but not at the same time of course lol. We never had the supplies to make any of the crafts from Blue Peter though strangely enough...😂

Reactions: 4
Might be my memory but wasn't Judi Dench just a normal actress until morphing straight into a national treasure in her 60s?

Either way, I'd like to be romanced by a red squirrel-breeding silver fox when I'm old. Bliss.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Might be my memory but wasn't Judi Dench just a normal actress until morphing straight into a national treasure in her 60s?

Either way, I'd like to be romanced by a red squirrel-breeding silver fox when I'm old. Bliss.
My random JD fact is that she should have been in the original production of cats but broke her leg and was replaced by Elaine Paige.

Reactions: 7

Yes. She was obviously a well known face and was an acclaimed stage actress but it wasn't until the mid 90s that Hollywood fame really happened for her.

Reactions: 6
I'm just throwing it out here, but am I the only one who doesn't like Judi Dench???
I’ve only ever seen her in as time goes by and esio trot, I liked both but I know nothing about her personally so I’m not sure why she’s considered a national treasure and I neither like or dislike her.

Reactions: 8
She's very ethereal looking. I used to think she was stunning in an unusual way but I think she's had buccal fat removal which does make her face look quite harsh.
I'm trying not to have parasocial relationships with celebrities, but i could have cried when I saw ATJ had had buccal fat removal 😭 There was just no need for it!

Reactions: 10
My husband made one of our children cry recently by showing them Hartley Hare on YouTube.

So far in Casualty repeats I’ve seen Paul Reynolds, Lee Ross (x2), Julia Sawalha, Charlie Creed-Miles, Joanna Dukes and Mmoloki Christie. And Rosie Marcel, before she became Jac Naylor, as a teenage runaway, who is more famous for Casualty than Press Gang.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.