Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't get the fuss with Helen Mirren. I think Hollywood just loses their tit for any RADA voiced actor/actress who portrays a royal eg. Helen M, Judi, D, Colin F...

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I don't get the fuss with Helen Mirren. I think Hollywood just loses their tit for any RADA voiced actor/actress who portrays a royal eg. Helen M, Judi, D, Colin F...
Let me add Olivia bleeping Colman to that list. I can’t stand the toothy, gurning twit who just plays the same character over and over but has also somehow ascended to national treasure status.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 98
From the first bit of your post I thought you was telling us your husband couldn’t watch Grange Hill but not to feel too sorry for him because he had a friend 😂

I think Grange Hill was seen as a bit ‘able to corrupt the children’ by some!
Hahaha I’m not sure what on earth happened to the beginning of my post there!!! My mum hated Grange Hill but was even more upset when I told her ‘real’ school was much, much worse!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
We will have to agree to disagree! It's a masterpiece!
I love Prime Suspect and have watched it several times. I remember when the first one was shown on TV, everyone talking about it at work the next day and the excitement of waiting for the next episode. I don't really think you get that with TV now because so many shows you can binge watch, or they have ads for them every five minutes or they're discussed constantly in the media. There's no build up of tension any more...

Reactions: 32
Judi Denchs career up until the 90s was mainly theatre (original Sally bowles in cabaret, desiree in a little night music plus loads of Shakespeare). It was a very successful and well respected career though. Then TV made her more well known, and then Mrs Brown, and James Bond, sent her career soaring. Aside those big ones, plus Shakespeare in love and best exotic marigold hotel, She's done loads of small films like Mrs Henderson presents, notes on a scandal and Philomena.

I've seen her on stage a couple of times and she has enormous stage presence and is excellent. I think the fact she is naturally funny and comes across well in interviews has endeared her to a lot of people.

Her and Maggie Smith are probably the best of their generation

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Let me add Olivia bleeping Colman to that list. I can’t stand the toothy, gurning twit who just plays the same character over and over but has also somehow ascended to national treasure status.
Think I first saw her in Green Wing and Peep Show so have never understood the treasure aspect. Funny? Sure. But that is it.

Reactions: 16
Does anyone remember Mr Merlin? He was a modern day secret wizard with a skate boarding bouffant haired apprentice - who I fancied - and it was based in San FRancisco. That was ITV.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Judi Denchs career up until the 90s was mainly theatre (original Sally bowles in cabaret, desiree in a little night music plus loads of Shakespeare). It was a very successful and well respected career though. Then TV made her more well known, and then Mrs Brown, and James Bond, sent her career soaring. Aside those big ones, plus Shakespeare in love and best exotic marigold hotel, She's done loads of small films like Mrs Henderson presents, notes on a scandal and Philomena.

I've seen her on stage a couple of times and she has enormous stage presence and is excellent. I think the fact she is naturally funny and comes across well in interviews has endeared her to a lot of people.

Her and Maggie Smith are probably the best of their generation
Talking of Shakespeare... Here's Brian Cox doing a Shakespeare masterclass with a 21/2 year old

ETA I love Maggie Smith!!! 😍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
I loved Educating Marmalade as well on ITV!

For our Scottish and Welsh friends who may not have been able to see Children's Ward...It was like "The Bill" or "Casualty" for being a jump off point for future TV stars!

View attachment 2941556
We got it in Scotland. My wee sister used to love watching it as there was this guy in there she thought was cute but neither of us can remember who now.
---
Yes. She was obviously a well known face and was an acclaimed stage actress but it wasn't until the mid 90s that Hollywood fame really happened for her.
I think it was when she played Elizabeth in Shakespeare In Love that everyone started to ass-kiss her saying she deserved the Oscar unlike Gwyneth.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Get all your laundry and recycling out to make a collage of your husband's face on the back lawn so he can see it from an upstairs window.
I have to ask ... What does this relate to? I'll entirely lost!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.