Secret Celebrity Gossip #162

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure she talked about this in the recent interview with Louis Theroux- that their first house was paid for by an advert she did for butter or something random
---

Snap!!
Yeah I remember that, I guess I'm.just surprised that after all these years and her massive success, she still needs the money 😆

Reactions: 4
Yeah I remember that, I guess I'm.just surprised that after all these years and her massive success, she still needs the money 😆
I think for a lot of people the more money you have the more money you spend and then you need more for unexpected/non/every day costs like care, health problems, issues with your house etc. also for some people the more money you have the more money you want and adverts are probably ‘easy money’ after doing ‘real work’ like tv and theatre. And I can imagine there’s also an element of not wanting to be forgotten/out of the public eye and if adverts is all you can manage then that’s what they do (see also I’m a celebrity get me out of here etc).

Reactions: 13
If I was offered multiple tens of thousands of pounds to do a two day job I could do easily I would say yes like a shot. Why wouldn’t she?

Poor Mark Rylance, and poor Popbitch. Man goes on holiday and swears in his own back garden is a long way from Tom’s Putting It In Now. Where have the glory days gone?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I think for a lot of people the more money you have the more money you spend and then you need more for unexpected/non/every day costs like care, health problems, issues with your house etc. also for some people the more money you have the more money you want and adverts are probably ‘easy money’ after doing ‘real work’ like tv and theatre. And I can imagine there’s also an element of not wanting to be forgotten/out of the public eye and if adverts is all you can manage then that’s what they do (see also I’m a celebrity get me out of here etc).
Yeah all true, I guess I just didn't have Dame Judi as one of those haha

It could also be for family too, she's of that age she maybe wants to be help family out financially

Reactions: 6
My mum preferred BBC I think because of the adverts but I seem to have seen quite a lot of the ITV stuff so clearly it wasn’t a very enforced position, and I remember lots of adverts too.

Reactions: 5
I watched both, but I have a vague memory of ITV being seen as 'edgier'. Which is odd as the bbc has grange hill.

I'd imagine also with the bbc having its reputation back then, and kids watching tv being frowned on a bit, if your kids watched anything, it would be the bbc.

Reactions: 8
My friend wasn't allowed to watch "Grange hill" 😱
I wasn’t allowed either!
Recently I got an email from a restaurant ( quite posh, not hugely) inviting me to a special evening event with Judi Dench?!!
It was £200 a head for the meal, and it’s not a particularly big restaurant. It wasn’t a launch or anything, just the opportunity to dine in the same restaurant with her as a special guest type thing. It was so weird, why would she go to dinner with a load of people she doesn’t even know for what could have only been a few grand pay?
I said to my partner, ‘Someone’s broke.’
Now she’s doing tacky adverts!
Maybe she’s one of those celebs who ‘forgets’ to pay their tax bill?

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Lulu - "I have never had anything done to my face" is on Morning Live BBC 1 now, I didn't recognise her. She has also changed her accent again. o_O

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Colin Farrell, just search his name and hers and sex tape or whatever words you’d use to describe it and go through the relevant sites! All I’m saying is he’s got a good appetite and he’s quite a strapping young man in this production! 😂
In all fairness though it’s tit what she did, trying to flog it to earn a fast break! If it was him doing that to her we’d all be going mental!
I like CF aesthetically but I do think he comes across as a good guy. His son has Angelman Syndrome and you know, he could have just thrown money at carers and backed off but as far as I know, he does a lot for his son and is supportive of the relevant charities. I have a friend who has a daughter with it. Bloody hard work caring for a child in that situation.
---
I wasn’t allowed either!
Recently I got an email from a restaurant ( quite posh, not hugely) inviting me to a special evening event with Judi Dench?!!
It was £200 a head for the meal, and it’s not a particularly big restaurant. It wasn’t a launch or anything, just the opportunity to dine in the same restaurant with her as a special guest type thing. It was so weird, why would she go to dinner with a load of people she doesn’t even know for what could have only been a few grand pay?
I said to my partner, ‘Someone’s broke.’
Now she’s doing tacky adverts!
Maybe she’s one of those celebs who ‘forgets’ to pay their tax bill?
I wonder if it’s just her wanting to express herself and connect with an audience on a more personal level! Her husband died years ago, she only has one daughter and I think a granddaughter, i don’t mean it as she’s lonely but may be she wants to be out there as much as possible because she’s losing her sight, she may have other health issues. Could be a bucket list thing and she’ll possibly leave the money to charity. She’s a huge supporter of theatres isn’t she? I’d do it. Regardless of money. I quite like the fact she’s not let her age force her to rot at home! It’s very easy to do that isn’t it?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
In keeping with the CITV theme, I’ve bought a new shirt and when I tried it on I liked it but asked my painfully middle-class Guildford-born and raised husband “does this make me look like Neil Buchanan from Art Attack?”

1. needless to say he didn’t watch ITV as a kid
2. it does but I’m wearing it anyway

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
My poor husband was banned from watching Grange Hill. He had a friend
My friend wasn't allowed to watch "Grange hill" 😱
My husband wasn’t either, I mock him still for this (he’s 54). Apparently one day he had a mate over for team who insisted they watched it, so as he was a guest it was on. Unfortunately husbands dad came home right in the middle of it and all hell broke loose!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Get all your laundry and recycling out to make a collage of your husband's face on the back lawn so he can see it from an upstairs window.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
What in the name of petite bourgeoisie is all this snootiness towards ITV? I kind of get that the parents didn’t want the kids influenced by adverts but the quality of stuff on ITV was no much different surely? I mean, Rainbow, Jamie his magic torch? The booktower? And of course, Emu’s pink windmill and grotbags 😂 top quality stuff that!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Just for a bit of variety among the kids TV chat, Scouting for Girls singer smells of fags too. (Rubbish tea, sorry lol).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What in the name of petite bourgeoisie is all this snootiness towards ITV? I kind of get that the parents didn’t want the kids influenced by adverts but the quality of stuff on ITV was no much different surely? I mean, Rainbow, Jamie his magic torch? The booktower? And of course, Emu’s pink windmill and grotbags 😂 top quality stuff that!
Lunchtime stuff like Rainbow I was allowed to watch, cuddled up with my mum, it was the afternoon slot I wasn't, probably because it would be unsupervised with my mum cooking in the other room, definitely felt safer with Auntie Beeb. I don't watch much ITV now, their entertainment progs are too loud, too busy and too garish. I read something written by a telly person who noted that on Saturday Night Takeaway the camera switched every second to Strictlys' every 2 seconds (that might not be the exact number, but it was something like that) and that's generally a stylistic difference between the two channels for light entertainment and probably why I find ITV stuff a bit headache inducing

Reactions: 8
God my mother let me watch any and every channel.
It saved her doing any actual “ parenting “

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.