Secret Celebrity Gossip #161

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Started with Reagan that, I reckon. I know I’m British and our politicians suck balls, but I find it totally bizarre that in a country the size of the US, the best they can come up with as front runners are Donald Trump and a senile old duffer who shits his pants.
It's personality politics. The benefit for celebs is that their fame/money allows them to "skip grades" that other politicians can't. However they lack the experience/training/discipline that a "normal" candidate would need years of experience for. It's not just procedural knowledge, but an ability to build solid relationships with legislators and foreign governments.

The obsession over personalities over policies has swept here. What we would give for competent leaders!

Reactions: 19
I think Zelensky’s cut from another cloth than US celebrity President wannabees. Imagine waking up every day knowing that Putin is trying to eliminate you and your country too.

Reactions: 33
Do we like Lesley Manville's Bafta dress with interesting knitting needle attachment?
It's by Loewe, they've sent several celebs onto the red carpet in identical dresses in different colours.

Aubrey Plaza wore one in light yellow and people made loads of memes of the top looking like a Post It note and she reposted a few on Insta

Reactions: 10
It's personality politics. The benefit for celebs is that their fame/money allows them to "skip grades" that other politicians can't. However they lack the experience/training/discipline that a "normal" candidate would need years of experience for. It's not just procedural knowledge, but an ability to build solid relationships with legislators and foreign governments.

The obsession over personalities over policies has swept here. What we would give for competent leaders!
another problem is as a celeb they've usually been surrounded by yes people, so when it comes to politics they just want their own way, rarely want input from others, think they're the dogs bollocks and don't grasp that they don't always get what they want.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Looks lovely on Lesley

That dress is not worth having your tits rubbed off for.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I always thought that 'fud' was Scottish for 'food' ! :oops:
I got bloody confused by "messages", forget what it meant in English.
My Scottish relatives should have told me - I mean I'm part Scottish so I need to know!
ETA. Just looked it up:

"going grocery shopping"
If someone in Scotland says they're going out to do "the messages," that means they are going grocery shopping. A person shopping for their messages.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
another problem is as a celeb they've usually been surrounded by yes people, so when it comes to politics they just want their own way, rarely want input from others, think they're the dogs bollocks and don't grasp that they don't always get what they want.
That doesn't differentiate them from most politicians!

Reactions: 7
That doesn't differentiate them from most politicians!
Both politicians and actors - it’s just delivering lines written by teams of others in a convincing way.
And both feel they’re ridiculously special, powerful and meaningful human beings by doing this.

Reactions: 15
My Scottish relatives should have told me - I mean I'm part Scottish so I need to know!
ETA. Just looked it up:

"going grocery shopping"
If someone in Scotland says they're going out to do "the messages," that means they are going grocery shopping. A person shopping for their messages.
It gets used a bit in Ireland too.

• Wow
Reactions: 17
ETA. Just looked it up:

"going grocery shopping"
I'm from Liverpool, as children we used to say 'I'm going on a message' if we were asked to go to the local shop. I love language, it's so interesting!

Just saw this on TikTok. Yuk!

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.