Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On a tangent has anyone seen 'Ripley' on Netflix with Andrew Scott as Ripley? Based on The Talented Mr Ripley. He's good but too old for the role imo. And as for the casting of Eliot Sumner (Sting's non binary child) as Freddie Miles. Utterly baffling. They are beyond wooden compared to Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the 1999 film.
I’m really enjoying Ripley, but yes to all of this!

I actually wondered if the reason it was made in black and white was to try and slightly disguise the fact that Andrew Scott is far too old for the role - although he plays the part really well.
But I wasn’t aware of Eliot Sumner before, and have to say it’s the biggest piece of nepo casting I’ve ever seen. Their acting is woeful.
---
If his tweets the other week are to be believed he pays her quite a substantial amount in child support to be able to see the kids. If she thought he was that harmful then clearly just say no! He’s a massive twit but surely they could agree supervised visits or something.
I wonder if she won’t go down that route because it would involve claim and counter claim in a court.
Which could then be legally reported.

I don’t like Fox, for obvious reasons. But I don’t like Billie, either. And I hope that the kids manage somehow to grow up as balanced, good people.

Reactions: 8
Odd seeing some of the sympathetic posts on his passing on social media, even from Facebook friends. I truly think some people would post similarly about Hitler if he had died today - something like "RIP Adolf Hitler, a lovely man very much misunderstood :(".
I can definitely imagine that happening ‘he did do a lovely painting though didn’t he, bless him, maybe he had anxiety or something and that why he made some mistakes, hope he’s at peace now anyway’

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I can definitely imagine that happening ‘he did do a lovely painting though didn’t he, bless him, maybe he had anxiety or something and that why he made some mistakes, hope he’s at peace now anyway’
Or “he was a vegetarian so there must have been some good in him”!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
ooh not just me then. and irl too. for once I would like to see someone saying of a deceased oh they were an absolute git. etc

I would love tobe honest and open about my deceased parents but politeness and not wishing to make others uncomfortable prevents me from saying anything other than we didn't get on
You’re a far more polite person than I am. My favourite thing when anyone ever asks about my parents is to tell them they’re dead. I wait a bit for their horror to sink in and then hit them with “that’s ok I didn’t like them very much”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I mean when that ‘Letter to America’ re-emerged from Osama Bin Laden there were quite a few young Americans saying he was misunderstood on Twitter and he had a point. So anything is possible!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
That's spot on - Alun wasn't let go in a particularly nice way. I must admit that during and post Covid, his 'down the line' contributions made it very clunky. The original three were a tight unit and until his untimely demise, Gareth was very close to Frank and Emily.

Emily is one of the funniest people ever IMO, that said, she also sounds totally false which is especially apparent on her Walking The Dog podcast where she gushes over every single guest and screeches greetings to other dog owners (the audio on that pod, due to the outdoorsy location isn't the clearest anyway.) Her friendship with Frank dates back years and I think that they met via the Ross/Goldmans as Emily was a childhood friend from their boho Highgate days.

Apologies: the show's so awesome and I'd love it to continue.
Me too, I’m very sad even though I’m a part time listener now. Agree re: Emily. She sounds sooo false the majority of the time I struggle, she is genuinely funny but puts across a bit of a ‘pick me’ vibe too. Alan was very much the 3rd wheel bless him. At least I’ve got years of content to listen to

Reactions: 1
That reminds me of something my mother used to say ' they ay buried a bad un yet'🙈
( in a female Noddy Holder accent, for reference 😂)
Round my way a particularly unpleasant man lost his life. He’d been a nasty piece of work and a lot of people were scared of him. When he died, someone tied a bunch of stinging nettles to the nearest lamp post and the only accolade the local paper could come up with was ‘he attended xxxx school as a child’ - not one person had anything remotely nice to say, not even his mam.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Stonewall are on record stating that children as young as 2 are aware that they have a transgender identity, so yep plenty of people have been taking it seriously.
This is an old page from Mermaids of signs your child might have a gender identity disorder
View attachment 2868904
I wouldn’t be quoting Mermaids as being experts in anything. That’s the most nonsensical thing I have ever read and that’s putting it politely. So basically any child with traits of Autism, ADHD or any learning difficulties as well as those who love homework, and shy or introverted children or anyone that has ever wanted a few minutes of peace is trans?!!! So basically everyone. They may as well say having a pulse and blinking may be a symptom. Far from helping the tiny percentage of people genuinely born in the wrong body, crap like that from Mermaids just leads to ridicule.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
Just reading this article about the late Caroline Flack. I read her autobiography soon after her death and she was so very mentally unwell and fragile from such a young age.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...icide-caroline-flack-revealed-KATIE-HIND.html
I must read this because my own opinion of her has never been positive and I don't know if it's from media influencing my opinion or if my gut just said she's a wrong un HOWEVER I will say she didn't deserve to go how she did.

Reactions: 21
I must read this because my own opinion of her has never been positive and I don't know if it's from media influencing my opinion or if my gut just said she's a wrong un HOWEVER I will say she didn't deserve to go how she did.
It's a cautionary tail. I quite liked her and was horrified by her death but it's evident from the book that she most likely had borderline personality disorder and had made multiple suicide attempts over the years. And unfortunately she really craved fame and stardom which is a recipe for disaster given how mentally unstable she was. It's worth reading.

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Round my way a particularly unpleasant man lost his life. He’d been a nasty piece of work and a lot of people were scared of him. When he died, someone tied a bunch of stinging nettles to the nearest lamp post and the only accolade the local paper could come up with was ‘he attended xxxx school as a child’ - not one person had anything remotely nice to say, not even his mam.
This happened in Manchester too iirc? The deceased was a particularly violent gangster.

Reactions: 6
It's a cautionary tail. I quite liked her and was horrified by her death but it's evident from the book that she most likely had borderline personality disorder and had made multiple suicide attempts over the years. And unfortunately she really craved fame and stardom which is a recipe for disaster given how mentally unstable she was. It's worth reading.
Sadly, people like Caroline crave fame and adulation as a means of feeling valued, and when the applause stops, and turns into jeering and booing, they can’t cope with it. I feel very sorry that she died by suicide though and if she’d held on another couple of weeks, her court case would have been buried under an avalanche of Covid horror stories.

Reactions: 28
I never thought she was a wrong un, but I do hate the sainthood ish tit thats gone on from her family afterwards.
It was a domestic incident, the fact she was a women shouldn't mean it wasn't investigated or proceeded with, the fact Lewis didn't want to proceed shouldn't affect the case. If it was a male on female DV incident with the same circumstances a lot of people would rightly want it prosecuted.

As sad as it is, the family can't blame the legal system, they could blame her legal team who advised her to not plead guilty, they could blame themselves for not getting her proper help. She needed help, she was failed by people around her too, she was also a 40 year old grown adult, not this infantilised child that people try to bandy about.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 85
I'll definitely give it a read thank you 😊
---
I never thought she was a wrong un, but I do hate the sainthood ish tit thats gone on from her family afterwards.
It was a domestic incident, the fact she was a women shouldn't mean it wasn't investigated or proceeded with, the fact Lewis didn't want to proceed shouldn't affect the case. If it was a male on female DV incident with the same circumstances a lot of people would rightly want it prosecuted.

As sad as it is, the family can't blame the legal system, they could blame her legal team who advised her to not plead guilty, they could blame themselves for not getting her proper help. She needed help, she was failed by people around her too, she was also a 40 year old grown adult, not this infantilised child that people try to bandy about.
Tbh I think my dislike stems from this whole be kind shite after her death,mainly because the ones that spout be kind are usually narcissistic hateful cunts that would rip someone apart no problem but when someone criticises them in any way shape or form it "be kind you never know what someone is going through" like duck off

Reactions: 62
I think Caroline Flack was always a very troubled woman, whose behaviour and lifestyle contributed to her death. I hate the fact that otherwise troubled and problematic famous folks tend to be considered saints after their unfortunate and sometimes early demise and everybody but the person themselves is held responsible for their actions, I feel sorry for her family and loved ones but feel that demonising the police and legal services for just doing their jobs is wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Ex-Page Three model Samantha Fox assaulted her Norwegian wife after a drunken bust-up on a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Munich and forced it to abandon take-off, court told.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Ex-Page Three model Samantha Fox assaulted her Norwegian wife after a drunken bust-up on a British Airways flight from Heathrow to Munich and forced it to abandon take-off, court told.

I have it on good authority that back in her page 3 days when she used to go to Germany etc to entertain the troops she was a mega pain in the arse and expected everyone to bow down to her, nasty piece of work.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.