Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To be fair (I should really have added the year each snippet was publlished) - it's about her second husband. Who - nobody asked but I'll say it - furiously pings my gaydar.

(Chris Hughes - who I always get mixed in with the Adam & The Ants member and super producer, but it's not that one).
A RELIEF! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Is she? How do you know? I wondered why she disappeared from mainstream TV.
She was my friend’s boss when she was an editor, pre tv days and used workplace bullying to demean people and would deliberately set staff against each other under the guise of “healthy competition”. Treated my mate and many others like tit.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
Amanda was fun in Cutting It I won’t lie, but I’m currently rewatching Series 4 of Waterloo Road and I cannot bear to see Morrisey snog anyone on it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That never ceases to amaze me that it is in my lifetime. So many states ignored it too for a long time. You can see why there are still so many problems in the US and why it is still so raw. I was watching something not so long ago about when Black American servicemen came to the UK during WW2 they were being told they could go anywhere they wanted if they went somewhere like a pub.

I'm not dismissing anything that minorities have felt here in the UK. We've had our share of issues too but the US have been particularly backward.
Check out the Battle of Bamber Bridge; there's a few history videos about it on YouTube. A running fight with weapons and at least one death. The pubs were told to create a colour bar by the US army and all three of them put up 'Black Only' signs. If I remember correctly, one old boy was asked about what he thought of the US soldiers; his reply was along the lines of that he liked them but not the white ones.

Edit to add: the fight was between white and black US soldiers.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Forgot to add this one (actually, the PB pages I'm un-paywalling don't give me a date)
Screenshot 2024-04-13 at 22-38-18 smry.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Check out the Battle of Bamber Bridge; there's a few history videos about it on YouTube. A running fight with weapons and at least one death. The pubs were told to create a colour bar by the US army and all three of them put up 'Black Only' signs. If I remember correctly, one old boy was asked about what he thought of the US soldiers; his reply was along the lines of that he liked them but not the white ones.

Edit to add: the fight was between white and black US soldiers.
Thanks for the heads up. I had not heard of it. Just been reading up on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I bet Kate Thornton is dreadfully dull
Weak tea but she would strike up conversation with my ex at our local mini-supermarket when we lived in South London, like she was looking to make a new friend.

This was around the time when KT was hosting X Factor. Doesn't she have a wine podcast these days?

Reactions: 5
Amanda was fun in Cutting It I won’t lie, but I’m currently rewatching Series 4 of Waterloo Road and I cannot bear to see Morrisey snog anyone on it 😂
I loved Cutting it, I watched it all again in lockdown, I have a crush on Jason Merrills, my brother says I fancy everyone, he's probably right 🤣, when Cutting It was being filmed my ex partner was a delivery driver and he had to deliver bottles of wine there for everybody that Amanda H had payed for, she treated everybody and also gave a tip, he said she was lovely. I watched that programme The Holden Girls and I must admit I laughed at it 🤭.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I think Amanda is actually well liked in showbiz, and contrary to the posts upthread, she is very friendly with other women, the Cutting It crew, plus some actress from The Bill called Jayne who lives in LA. She is also very friendly with a midwife who was with her when she went through a traumatic childbirth experience. I actually don’t mind her on that design Alan Carr show - she is funny on that. Can’t stand her when she does BGT.

However her attention seeking is tiresome. That naked in the radio studio thing just reeked of desperation.

But what really got my goat recently was her daughter’s 18 year old birthday party. And instead of her daughter being centre of attention, Amanda made sure it was all about her. That was bad. (It was on Instagram.)

I get very camp vibes from her husband.

Reactions: 31
She only married him as a step onto the showbiz ladder, then she cheated on Les with him out of Men Behaving Badly. I'm pretty sure she only married her current husband because of his connections, a bit like Holly Willoughby and her TV producer husband. Whatever happened to marrying for love?
It's Les Dennis, I know Family Fortunes was a hit but I doubt it swayed her that much. He probably just laughed her into bed.
---
I think she’s in with Angela Griffin, Lisa Faulkner, Nicola Stephenson.
The Cutting It cast.

Reactions: 4
She was my friend’s boss when she was an editor, pre tv days and used workplace bullying to demean people and would deliberately set staff against each other under the guise of “healthy competition”. Treated my mate and many others like tit.
Was that at Smash Hits?

Reactions: 9
Why doesn’t Les Dennis get any side eye. She was 22, he was a 40 guy when they got together. A not particularly charismatic bloke, with a plain face, and a tit Mavis impression, and yet he went for the pretty girl not long out of her teens, that was going to last wasn’t it?. Plus he comes across as a crashing bore. She likes a laugh. Not exactly a match made to last.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
AH husband deffo pings my gaydar, as did Melinda Messengers first husband

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Did anyone catch Simon Cowell at the end of Ant and Dec's last show tonight? He looked like a petrified whippet on Bonfire Night.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.