Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's a cautionary tail. I quite liked her and was horrified by her death but it's evident from the book that she most likely had borderline personality disorder and had made multiple suicide attempts over the years. And unfortunately she really craved fame and stardom which is a recipe for disaster given how mentally unstable she was. It's worth reading.
I don't want to start a disruptive discussion but I read her book and it was evident to me she was neurodivergent. They don't exclude each other as diagnoses of course. Maybe both (or none) were present. Either way she clearly had enormous difficulties. It was her death that brought me to Tattle. I absolutely agree her book is worth reading.
---
I like Jon Richardson. Read his book yonks ago before he was very well known and I really warmed to him. She does my bleeping head in though. She’s always in character and it’s not a funny one.
I met him very early on in his career, before he got tv gigs. He's exactly as he appears. He seemed a very genuine sort. That's all I have.

I didn't know much of Lucy's work but I recently round out she co-wrote (I think) Hullraisers and I thought that was really good so maybe she's more of a comedic writer than a performer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
The 'olive oil' story about Lucy Beaumont and her personal trainer sounds made up to me, but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction! Why would you even think that was sexy?

I tried to get into 'Meet The Richardsons' but I found it a complete snooze-fest. Neither can act convincingly (I know it's not 'real'...) and it didn't grab my attention - maybe it got better over time?

Sam definitely has issues with the booze, probably going back a long, long time. She was hard to warm to on that The Club reality TV show and I previously kinda liked her (or, at least, her feisty, girl next door persona - which maybe doesn't correlate to the real Sam anyway). On The Club was insisting she was sober when she was behaving like a complete arse, as well. I'll reserve a bit of empathy for her losing her first wife to cancer, and her sister was so young when she passed.

Sam was quite friendly with the Pet Shop Boys at one point!

Wikipedia (assuming it's true, of course, Wikipedia's information can sometimes be a bit sketchy) alleges her father 'violently assaulted' her in 1991 and embezzled a huge amount of money from her.View attachment 2871880
Was there not a super injunction years ago from a very famous singer with a story about a paddling pool filled with olive oil?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I always thought Jason Manford and his first wife were a solid couple, until it turned out he was wank camming with fans when he was on tour, and shagging around at the same time.
when I was admittedly a dick to him on Twitter about it he responded, denying he was a “cheat” 😂 Fuming he’s turning up on Waterloo Rd this year

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I said similar about Jade Goody on here, and OMG did I have my arse handed to me. Still stand by it though.
I've said it out loud in real life and been told she was a "wonderful mum". I'm not saying she was a bad mum, but I never saw any evidence either way of her parenting, so I don't know where this Blessed St Supermum thing came from.

Reactions: 26
In the Fail comments someone alluded to olives re the Richardson split. Then someone else chipped in and said she was caught with her personal trainer dribbling olive oil into his belly button and dipping a breadstick in it. If that happened you can see why Jon wants out, he has OCD. The thought of being with someone who thinks it is okay to eat something out of someone’s smeggy belly button is enough to give anyone OCD. I suspect it’s a wind up, but who knows?!

Edit - found the comments…
The capital O in the cryptic comment would suggest he or she has been shagging someone named Olive?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The capital O in the cryptic comment would suggest he or she has been shagging someone named Olive?
Or Oliver? I can't work out whether that comment is just random or if it's deliberate. The capital is hard to guess. Could be a typo, could be a lead...

Reactions: 3
Or Oliver? I can't work out whether that comment is just random or if it's deliberate. The capital is hard to guess. Could be a typo, could be a lead...
I have a feeling Jon has a thing about olives too though so it could be a reference to that and an accidental capital letter.

Reactions: 7
I've said it out loud in real life and been told she was a "wonderful mum". I'm not saying she was a bad mum, but I never saw any evidence either way of her parenting, so I don't know where this Blessed St Supermum thing came from.
I think vaguely I remember when she got the news she basically sold her story to as many areas as possible to enable the boys to be really comfortable

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Why does Huw Edward’s still receive his BBC pay? Surely they should come to some arrangement because they can’t keep it in limbo

Reactions: 15
Going back to very old goss - was the Take That shagging rumour true?
I'm pretty sure Howard confirmed she and Jason had a thing in a TV interview a few years back after she kept claiming nothing happened and they were just friendly.

Edit - yep, @Bluenose70💙 has confirmed it
---
After her second marriage Lulu has enjoyed high profile relationships with younger men. When she recorded 1993 No1 single Relight My Fire with Take That – then the biggest boy band in the world – she, then aged 44, and the 23-year-old Jason had a rumoured dalliance. They have never gone public about it but have said they had a “special relationship”. She claimed: “He’s very, very cute but no, nothing happened.
But Jason’s bandmate Howard claimed on Jonathan Ross’s BBC1 chatshow, that it was more than that. When Ross quizzed the boys about Lulu, Howard pointed at Jason and coarsely claimed: “He’s the one who f****d her!”
Maybe he did then 🙄? I've just read she had affairs with Bowie, Davy Jones from the Monkees, he lived round the corner from me in his early years, also Angus McFayden!
She also claimed to have a thing with Lennon. It's funny because when Bowie was alive, they were friends but the minute he died...'yep, we were together'.

Reactions: 10
Why does Huw Edward’s still receive his BBC pay? Surely they should come to some arrangement because they can’t keep it in limbo
Maybe due to a good sick pay policy. Assuming he is still getting the pay. Actually just looked on wiki and police said no case to answer months ago, a good company would have at least 6 months full pay then down to half pay for 3-6 months. But if there are extenuating circumstances then a senior leader could choose to extend full pay for longer. I know of companies that do that for cancer for example. I imagine the bbc are just treading carefully if he is still severely unwell to avoid a tribunal too.

Reactions: 12
I was going to post this - I could literally never tire of watching it 🤣
We've all done it, I mean nor necessarily in a Count Dracula cape, but gotten stuck in a jumper or shirt and get that panic moment as you feel like Houdini in a strait jacket, trying to escape and in those hot, flustered, panicky and confused mere seconds, conflicted that how as a feckin adult you can get tangled in an item of clothing you're wearing. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Lulu said that TT were staying at her house one night and she and Jason got it on, I'm sure it was the time when they were promoting Relight My Fire, I did not believe it for a second, I think he is gay as Robbie's eluded to it not that long ago in a jokey way but meant it, so I think Lulu was just saying that. My friends daughter is a make up artist and she has done Lulus hair and make up and she said she's had facelifts and you could see the scars behind her ears 🤣🤣. I never got how she became as big as she was as she just screeches and also the other ginger Cilla Black. I just never ever got their appeal, little Marie McLaughlin and Priscilla White!
My daughters friend (female) had a relationship with Jason for about 2 months about 10!years ago

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Re. Jon and Lucy split. I saw a tiktok with not very many views and someone had commented that she’d had an affair with her tour manager! Someone had replied to the comment and the person responded “my boss' best friend is a tour manager for comedians and he was managing for her when they had an affair”

I believe she toured at the end of last year… so whilst we have no proof, the timing makes sense and usually there is someone else involved (or a story breaking) when people announce they are splitting up.

Announcing on a Friday is a classic PR move (to try and “bury” a headline) so it does tingle my spidey senses!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Oh yeah for sure it will be. To be honest, I don’t think any of the old classic PR moves really work anymore, considering our online news cycle, but the “release on a Friday and hope nobody cares by Monday” announcement is definitely a common PR thing.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.