Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Found it. Must be quite chilling to look upon the face of the man who killed your grandfather......and the emotion you can feel emanating from Brendan. šŸ¤¬šŸ˜„
My dad's family is from County Cork and I'm planning to track my tree down properly later this year. I would bet big money that we've got old IRA links, especially around the 1920s and just before.

Reactions: 4
Hey! I know this is completely off topic, but Iā€™m trying to watch Fleabag for the first time and really struggling?
I wasnā€™t expecting to, I just canā€™t connect to the characters. Like the main character Fleabag is maybe too upperclass London for me to be able to relate to, but she really fucked over her friend Boo! Itā€™s really not her fault that Boo took her life, but she slept with a guy Boo was clearly not over and was sad about.
Thatā€™s awful! And she should feel bad for it. Itā€™s a horrible thing to do.
So far I just feel like itā€™s someone trying to justify being a horrible person? Does it get better?
Also, I know this is me being picky, but you could run the biggest shithole in the world with a hygiene rating of -3 in London and still get a high footfall. The idea that her cafe has no one in it all the time is stupid.
The ā€˜sexy priestā€™ has been introduced and I like him a lot, but so far heā€™s just been drunk and upset šŸ˜…
Bearing in mind that I enjoyed Miranda (so take this with a pinch of salt) I HATED Fleabag. I honestly didnā€™t understand how or why everyone was raving about it. ā€˜Hot Priestā€™ was, at best lukewarm and I find the actors eyebrows really distracting. He looks like heā€™s shaved them off and redrawn them.

Having said that, I watched a tv series yonks ago that I think was written by and starred PWB, where it was a group of 20 somethings squatting in a hospital and I did find that enjoyable (also starred the guy from s2 of Bridgerton). There wasnā€™t a single likeable character in it, but it did have some lol moments.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Bearing in mind that I enjoyed Miranda (so take this with a pinch of salt) I HATED Fleabag. I honestly didnā€™t understand how or why everyone was raving about it. ā€˜Hot Priestā€™ was, at best lukewarm and I find the actors eyebrows really distracting. He looks like heā€™s shaved them off and redrawn them.

Having said that, I watched a tv series yonks ago that I think was written by and started PWB, where it was a group of 20 somethings squatting in a hospital and I did find that enjoyable (also started the guy from s2 of Bridgerton). There wasnā€™t a single likeable character in it, but it did have some lol moments.
I think that TV show is called ā€œCrashingā€. I watched it a few years back and enjoyed it too. I found the character of Colin to be quite endearing while bringing the most lols.

I recently rewatched S2 of Fleabag because I wanted an Andrew Scott fix. (His eyebrows are much better now compared to his Moriarty days btw).

Iā€™m always dubious of anything that is over hyped (this is why I havenā€™t read any Sally Rooney šŸ« ) and Iā€™m from a working class background, so Fleabag shouldnā€™t really speak to me. And yet, I enjoyed it, mostly because of her r/ship with her sister and her dad. Still hate what she did to Boo.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hated Fleabag too. PWB's character came over as smug to me. The breaking the fourth wall thing was just massively irritating.
On a tangent has anyone seen 'Ripley' on Netflix with Andrew Scott as Ripley? Based on The Talented Mr Ripley. He's good but too old for the role imo. And as for the casting of Eliot Sumner (Sting's non binary child) as Freddie Miles. Utterly baffling. They are beyond wooden compared to Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the 1999 film.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Hey! I know this is completely off topic, but Iā€™m trying to watch Fleabag for the first time and really struggling?
I wasnā€™t expecting to, I just canā€™t connect to the characters. Like the main character Fleabag is maybe too upperclass London for me to be able to relate to, but she really fucked over her friend Boo! Itā€™s really not her fault that Boo took her life, but she slept with a guy Boo was clearly not over and was sad about.
Thatā€™s awful! And she should feel bad for it. Itā€™s a horrible thing to do.
So far I just feel like itā€™s someone trying to justify being a horrible person? Does it get better?
Also, I know this is me being picky, but you could run the biggest shithole in the world with a hygiene rating of -3 in London and still get a high footfall. The idea that her cafe has no one in it all the time is stupid.
The ā€˜sexy priestā€™ has been introduced and I like him a lot, but so far heā€™s just been drunk and upset šŸ˜…
From a comedy perspective, there are some good bits. And PWB has star quality. I agree on the cafe scenes being a weak link - IIRC there's a running gag about their sandwiches costing Ā£20 which is a bit clunky.

I couldn't get on board with the priest storyline - it would be more realistic if she'd got off with that bank manager!

But the best character in the show is the sister (y)

Reactions: 14
They are beyond wooden compared to Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the 1999 film
Nobody was ever going to top PSH, so I wonder if they went for the controversy instead. Started watching the new one but it didnā€™t grab me so I just rewatched the film instead šŸ˜†

So, so fed up of nepo babies at this point. Kaia Gerber is in a new series on Apple with Kristin Wiig and sheā€™s embarrassingly awful.

Reactions: 16
I think Billie Piper is an okayish actress, she has the Dr Who halo and the whole diary of callgirl smut thing that has helped her along the years. She isnā€™t brilliant though. I suspect it wasnā€™t a stretch to play Suzie in that show she did. She does come across as very much living the sex/drugs/rocknroll lifestyle though.

Reactions: 9
I hated Fleabag too. PWB's character came over as smug to me. The breaking the fourth wall thing was just massively irritating.
On a tangent has anyone seen 'Ripley' on Netflix with Andrew Scott as Ripley? Based on The Talented Mr Ripley. He's good but too old for the role imo. And as for the casting of Eliot Sumner (Sting's non binary child) as Freddie Miles. Utterly baffling. They are beyond wooden compared to Phillip Seymour Hoffman in the 1999 film.
Eliot also had a small role in The Gentlemen and was also very wooden in that too.

Reactions: 5
Nobody was ever going to top PSH, so I wonder if they went for the controversy instead. Started watching the new one but it didnā€™t grab me so I just rewatched the film instead šŸ˜†

So, so fed up of nepo babies at this point. Kaia Gerber is in a new series on Apple with Kristin Wiig and sheā€™s embarrassingly awful.
I watched the film again after too šŸ˜‚
Jude Law, Matt Damon and Phillip Seymour Hoffman were so spot on. And Gwyneth Paltrow is not the Marge from the book but still good.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
God, I hated fleabag. Total Emperorā€™s new clothes.

Upper middle-class woman wafts about being a bit sad with little to no demands from life placed upon her. Imagine anyone else getting that green-lit.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Watched 2 episodes so far, I love Andrew Scott but he seems a bit too old in this? The Freddie character baffled me because it was clear to anyone with eyes that despite playing a male character they looked very much like a female playing a male. They also canā€™t act for toffee so that doesnā€™t help.

Howard looked so over it on Saturday night. I was firmly a Mark fan as a girl, but Howard is so hot now and I couldnā€™t fancy Mark less. He definitely looked much healthier and more attractive on Sat nightā€¦ I need the number of his surgeon or whoever worked their magic on him

I always thought Fleabag was a kind of dirty Miranda. Bear with- main protagonist based in their own (not very busy ever) shop/cafe. Slightly messed up family life. Awful mother/stepmother. Talking to camera etc. having said that dirty Miranda was totally my bag, so I loved it! šŸ˜†

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Mark Owen declared himself a sex addict didn't he? he definitely has the air of someone who has been at it like a mongrel on heat for 30 years and now he's just done in.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
I bet Brendan O'Carroll has a massive chip on his shoulder and, in fairness, while I can think of many many things I would prefer to do that partake in Mrs Brown's Boys, he does bring in massive ratings but he's sneered at.
He's doing miles better than he was before at least, he was a bit of a joke before Mrs BBs sorta veering into Brendan O'Connor, Jim Davisons territory with his 'stand up'.
he's a grafter for sure, come a long way from being not the funniest in his circle of friends :D
---
I think that TV show is called ā€œCrashingā€. I watched it a few years back and enjoyed it too. I found the character of Colin to be quite endearing while bringing the most lols.

I recently rewatched S2 of Fleabag because I wanted an Andrew Scott fix. (His eyebrows are much better now compared to his Moriarty days btw).

Iā€™m always dubious of anything that is over hyped (this is why I havenā€™t read any Sally Rooney šŸ« ) and Iā€™m from a working class background, so Fleabag shouldnā€™t really speak to me. And yet, I enjoyed it, mostly because of her r/ship with her sister and her dad. Still hate what she did to Boo.
Sally rooney is good, don't read Collen Hoover, bag of romanticised DV, hated it

Reactions: 11
Eliot also had a small role in The Gentlemen and was also very wooden in that too.
I quite liked Eliot's music when they were going under Coco Sumner/I Blame Coco but I suspect that career was somewhat derailed by shagging Mark Ronson's wife, since her/their main producer was Mark's best friend Andrew Wyatt.

Talk about shitting on your own doorstep!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
I agree. I donā€™t get the hype over her. I mean yeah Lozza Fox is a knob but I see all this love and sympathy for her being married to him and I just think no, I feel sorry for him! She just gives off a nasty vibe to me! Always has!
If his tweets the other week are to be believed he pays her quite a substantial amount in child support to be able to see the kids. If she thought he was that harmful then clearly just say no! Heā€™s a massive twit but surely they could agree supervised visits or something.

Reactions: 6
If his tweets the other week are to be believed he pays her quite a substantial amount in child support to be able to see the kids. If she thought he was that harmful then clearly just say no! Heā€™s a massive twit but surely they could agree supervised visits or something.
He pays her a contribution towards the upbringing of his children (the sum would be according to his salary) not a payment to be able to see them.

Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.