Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes for quite a refreshing change for a Tory MP to be the one getting cheated on by his wife.
True enough, and I can’t stand DC, but I think cheating is a crappy thing to do, whoever is doing the cheating. And I do actually get the feeling that he adores his wife.

On a side note, looking at all these politicians who are serial cheats, I’m surprised many of them get one partner, let alone multiple ones! You could not pay me enough money 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 18
To be fair mostly people in a lot of parts of Dublin, especially inner city Dublin have IRA connections. This mostly means the old IRA which went on to be a part of our founding defence forces and government/certain political parties, now if it was the IRA from the 70s/80s😬
Yep nothing to do with the provisional Ira

Reactions: 7
I visited Sandringham once, quite a long time ago, and the Royals had a very large (for the time) TV in their sitting room.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

Her dad doesn't seem bothered compared to her mum.
All this chat about Russell Simmons and I’ve been thinking of this guy all along who is in fact called Richard Simmons. I didn’t have him down as the married guy with a daughter somehow anyway

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Oh yeah then most of us would have connections, I had family members tell me stories of resistance fighters running through tenements from the British forces dropping guns as they went and the women hiding the guns in the basins of water they were washing clothes in.
Also had family members who took part in the fighting (well dead now) and at least 1 had a full army gun salute at the funeral for his part in the resistance 😂

Jesus they would think I'm awful, have a 50 inch in my bedroom alone, now it's a big bedroom, and it was bought for me when I was sick and bedbound, but it's bloody awesome to watch movies in bed😂
Think mine's a 46 inch in the bedroom. I was going to get 32 inch but my relative was adamant I wouldn't be satisfied with anything so small, so I listened and got the 46 inch one. 😏😉
From what you're saying sounds like I might have "connections". There's definitely a "secret" in that part of the family tree. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Tamzin is part of Holly Willoughby‘s gang with Emma Bunton, The Appleton sisters, Kate Thornton and sometimes Christine Lampard. All cokeheads I’m sure, well we all know Holly definitely is. Not a hundred per cent certain of the others, but it wouldn’t surprise me.
This could be tittle tattle but my ex worked for Emma Bunton (painter) years ago and apparently she is very aggressive physically against Jade Jones.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I am really really fond of Frank Skinner, saw him live recently and love his radio show. I am well aware he is a ‘git’ (pretty sure that’s why I like him so much, I am strongly drawn to obnoxious men🤦‍♀️) his radio show persona is more my speed nowadays and he seems to have softened a bit with age. I loved his stand up and the first book, but not sure if I’d laugh as much now. The culture when he was at his peak was super mysoginistic. Even a lot of women didn’t realise they were being condescended to and enabling the bad male behaviours at the time. We’ve come a long way in a few decades. I took a lot of what he said with a pinch of salt but I can imagine he was pretty terrible to women in real life , I hope that he’s mellowed with age. He can’t help but make a joke of things and has a dark humour where sex is concerned so I think that doesn’t help his reputation
I'm the same - love FS's wit and humour and the radio show (which has recently been axed by Absolute Radio) plus his poetry podcast. He's got funny bones.

He's definitely 'a bit of a git' though - the sacking of Alun Cochrane really undelined that fact. FS's reputation on social media really suffered as a result. If you ever dare to criticise Lord Skinner on the dedicated Facebook group though, gird yourself - I blocked one of his stans the other day. Also, the show seemed to favour the same old contributors every week: Andy Wood, I Own A Faz, Simon From Sudbury etc that it became very cliquey.
---
I've noticed that Mrs Brown's Boys is popular with people who are homophobic in an old-fashioned way, despite the cross-dressing. My uncle loves it and so does my weird religious ex work colleague.
My mum loves it and your description is spot on!?

Reactions: 7
I've noticed that Mrs Brown's Boys is popular with people who are homophobic in an old-fashioned way, despite the cross-dressing. My uncle loves it and so does my weird religious ex work colleague.
You’re probably right although my mum loves it, partly because Brendan O Carroll in drag is the spit of my Irish grandma (although she would never have sworn like that. having said that, she went to confession every Wednesday without fail so she must have been getting up to something).

Also have I missed something? Has Sam Cam had an affair (I think my eyes tend to skim over anything even vaguely related to politics).

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm the same - love FS's wit and humour and the radio show (which has recently been axed by Absolute Radio) plus his poetry podcast. He's got funny bones.

He's definitely 'a bit of a git' though - the sacking of Alun Cochrane really undelined that fact. FS's reputation on social media really suffered as a result. If you ever dare to criticise Lord Skinner on the dedicated Facebook group though, gird yourself - I blocked one of his stans the other day. Also, the show seemed to favour the same old contributors every week: Andy Wood, I Own A Faz, Simon From Sudbury etc that it became very cliquey.
---

My mum loves it and your description is spot on!?
Oh yeah, I have to say the Alun Cochrane situation was disappointing to hear of. I’d got out of the habit of listening regularly by that time so missed the whole tale but i get the jist it was not the ending we would have expected for a long time friend/colleague. I definitely agree he is not always a nice person, I just really do have an affection for him overall. I always wonder how genuine the Emily friendship is and always found that to be very cliquey against Alan so it doesn’t surprise me Frank treat him less than. I wouldn’t like to be Pierre Novelli though, I’d be paranoid that I’d be treated the same way as Alun if I was him. Maybe I should start my own thread 🤣

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
I always preferred Rob Newman over Baddiel and thought he was far more talented.
<awaits inevitable 'Rob Newman is a shitbag because...' comments which will shatter my illusions 🤣🤣🤣>
you won't get those from me. Met him many times ovet the yrs.. lovely fella and very intelligent. glad to see him settle down into family life after all his issues. Agree with you he was always the one with far more talent. His first book Dependence Day is still one of my favourites
---
I don’t have a TV….👑
nor i. hahah

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.