Secret Celebrity Gossip #158

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh yeah then most of us would have connections, I had family members tell me stories of resistance fighters running through tenements from the British forces dropping guns as they went and the women hiding the guns in the basins of water they were washing clothes in.
Also had family members who took part in the fighting (well dead now) and at least 1 had a full army gun salute at the funeral for his part in the resistance 😂

Jesus they would think I'm awful, have a 50 inch in my bedroom alone, now it's a big bedroom, and it was bought for me when I was sick and bedbound, but it's bloody awesome to watch movies in bed😂
Found it. Must be quite chilling to look upon the face of the man who killed your grandfather......and the emotion you can feel emanating from Brendan. 🤬😥

• Sad
Reactions: 8
He was on Who Do You Think You Are - Brendan. Something to do with the IRA if I remember correctly, 🤔 was interesting.
I really don't like Mrs Brown's Boys, and I didn't see that episode of Who Do You Think You Are, but his mother was an awesome woman.
Back in the 1950s, when the Catholic Church had a lock on pretty much all of the levers of power here, she won a seat in the Daily (parliament). I think she was the first TD (or MP) to give birth during her term in the Dail... that baby being Brendan. (Apols if this was covered in the show. I'm no BOC stan!)

• Heart
Reactions: 21
How dare you! This isn’t Mumsnet. I thought it was a safe space where we could admit to watching Mrs Brown’s Boys on our bedroom TV’s that are either tiny enough to require a magnifying glass or large enough to watch from the moon!
I'm scared to measure it now because either way I cannot win!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I really don't like Mrs Brown's Boys, and I didn't see that episode of Who Do You Think You Are, but his mother was an awesome woman.
Back in the 1950s, when the Catholic Church had a lock on pretty much all of the levers of power here, she won a seat in the Daily (parliament). I think she was the first TD (or MP) to give birth during her term in the Dail... that baby being Brendan. (Apols if this was covered in the show. I'm no BOC stan!)
No, I don't recall anything like that. She sounds amazing. Hats off to her!

Reactions: 8
I wonder if Mark Owen has had some work done on his face and has used the old Hollywood celeb trick of changing his hair too to try to 'disguise' the difference ? Hmm

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Oh yeah, I have to say the Alun Cochrane situation was disappointing to hear of. I’d got out of the habit of listening regularly by that time so missed the whole tale but i get the jist it was not the ending we would have expected for a long time friend/colleague. I definitely agree he is not always a nice person, I just really do have an affection for him overall. I always wonder how genuine the Emily friendship is and always found that to be very cliquey against Alan so it doesn’t surprise me Frank treat him less than. I wouldn’t like to be Pierre Novelli though, I’d be paranoid that I’d be treated the same way as Alun if I was him. Maybe I should start my own thread 🤣
I think Pierre has suited the show better than Alun did.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Oh yeah, I have to say the Alun Cochrane situation was disappointing to hear of. I’d got out of the habit of listening regularly by that time so missed the whole tale but i get the jist it was not the ending we would have expected for a long time friend/colleague. I definitely agree he is not always a nice person, I just really do have an affection for him overall. I always wonder how genuine the Emily friendship is and always found that to be very cliquey against Alan so it doesn’t surprise me Frank treat him less than. I wouldn’t like to be Pierre Novelli though, I’d be paranoid that I’d be treated the same way as Alun if I was him. Maybe I should start my own thread 🤣
That must be the reason my brother moved away from Frank's radio show. My brother isn't a complainy person at all so for him to criticise something is quite unusual. I remember him saying he was turned off by Frank's more recent presenting style - something akin to he came across as passive aggressive and bullying, so it was probably connected to that.

For some reason I've got The Vengaboys 'Vengabus' in my head now, and visions of him dancing in his y-fronts. Help me!
(Poor Britney, hasn't she been through enough?).

• Haha
  • Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Not sure if this has been covered. Watching the scoop on Netflix. Billie piper is shite at acting
I agree. I don’t get the hype over her. I mean yeah Lozza Fox is a knob but I see all this love and sympathy for her being married to him and I just think no, I feel sorry for him! She just gives off a nasty vibe to me! Always has!

Reactions: 13

Yes his mam was a Labour TD here, she was suppose to be a real champion of working classes in inner city Dublin. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews of BOC himself. Not very nice to absolutely lovely. Probably depends on his mood...

Reactions: 7
I stopped listening to the show during lockdown, Frank seemed to take a lot of weeks off and when it was Emily and Alun plus whichever 'comedian' they had to use that week, it was beyond uncomfortable. I seem to recall Emily at one stage prompting Alun to actually respond to her. On the weeks Frank was there you could sometimes sense an atmosphere and it wasn't the easy banter of old anymore. Haven't listened to it since.

Reactions: 2
Hey! I know this is completely off topic, but I’m trying to watch Fleabag for the first time and really struggling?
I wasn’t expecting to, I just can’t connect to the characters. Like the main character Fleabag is maybe too upperclass London for me to be able to relate to, but she really fucked over her friend Boo! It’s really not her fault that Boo took her life, but she slept with a guy Boo was clearly not over and was sad about.
That’s awful! And she should feel bad for it. It’s a horrible thing to do.
So far I just feel like it’s someone trying to justify being a horrible person? Does it get better?
Also, I know this is me being picky, but you could run the biggest shithole in the world with a hygiene rating of -3 in London and still get a high footfall. The idea that her cafe has no one in it all the time is stupid.
The ‘sexy priest’ has been introduced and I like him a lot, but so far he’s just been drunk and upset 😅

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Interesting how he's getting a divorce at this time, also... hmmm. tit about to hit the fan?
I love Borat and Ali G and I’ve been a fan from the early days but I don’t like Sacha Baren Cohen. He’s obviously very good at what he does but if you’re not whiter than white then don’t go there with setting others up! I think there is definitely stuff he has done that he wouldn’t want out there. I also agree on Rebel Wilson. She’s iffy! Also not funny at all! She tries way to hard!

Reactions: 14
Yes his mam was a Labour TD here, she was suppose to be a real champion of working classes in inner city Dublin. I've heard a lot of mixed reviews of BOC himself. Not very nice to absolutely lovely. Probably depends on his mood...
I bet Brendan O'Carroll has a massive chip on his shoulder and, in fairness, while I can think of many many things I would prefer to do that partake in Mrs Brown's Boys, he does bring in massive ratings but he's sneered at.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.