Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sosticky

Chatty Member
Marvin Humes is the blandest, most boring looking boybander ever. Like he isn't unattractive, but fuck he just looks bland and boring, so while he hasn't been hit with the ugly stick, there is just no personality, no character, no depth. And he's just so forgettable.
I think him and Rochelle look like brother and sister 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 47

CarmenGhia

VIP Member
I enjoyed that dance film JLo did with Richard Gere. It was silly but good fun.

I read somewhere that she has a personal security guard who sings loudly outside the loo when she's in there, so no-one hears her farts.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
The person who was a celebrity that I really cannot stand is Michael Barrymore. The sad story of Stuart Lubbock came up in my YT feed recently and I watched it.

I always thought MB came across as thick as two short planks but he reveals himself to be a deeply unpleasant character too. How did his "comedy & humour" appeal to the public so much back then?

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Absolutely true. I worked in Parliament at the time and it was common knowledge.
They got together 'later' in life but the knew each other from childhood. Both were Vaudeville performers and were pushed on stage as soon as they could walk.
I quite often saw PR around Westminster as she stayed with BB in her apartments, although they were both very discreet. It was a bit of a shock to teenage me, not because they were lesbians but because it was Hyacinth Bucket and they were sooooooo old!!! (Actually probably not any older than I am now!)
After I stopped working there I was no longer privy to gossip. Parliamentary workers are unbelievably discreet when it comes to the secret lives of MPs, no bugger would tell me anything! I really hope they stayed together, they were both very lovely and deserved to be happy.
Each of their Wikipedia pages has the other listed as a “close friend“, which I think is a sweet way of acknowledging their relationship on their own terms.

• Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
It's a minefield!
Bad sign of a person if they ask, in my opinion!
I hate, hate, hate being asked how old I think someone is. Unless they are very very very old and take being thought of as 91 a compliment because they are actually 103. It's nearly always women, nearly always over 30, and desperate to be told they look 19. Or 23. Anything but the truth, which is 47.

• Haha

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
My Rowan Atkinson story, and it may have been purloined from this very thread, comes from someone who drinks at his local.

Apparently, Rowan likes to sweep into the bar with all the panache and flourish of Blackadder, and then loudly complains if anyone in said pub does a double take.

Sounds like a prize knob all round, really.

• Haha
  • Wow

kittymeowlondon

Chatty Member
My Rowan Atkinson tea is from a friend of a friend who works in his bank, when he calls a man has to answer otherwise he hangs up and calls again lest he have to discuss his finances with a mere woman.
his kids went to my school - one son one daughter - and when he would drop them off ALLLL the kids would shout mr bean at him and point
his grumpy face proved he despised it...

• Haha

InkHeart

Chatty Member
According to the official birth records:

Liz Hurley, born 1965 so not 62 at all, maybe your work colleague was in the same class as Liz’s older sister?

Tess Daly, born 1969, no idea how old she claims to be

Denise Van Outen, born 1974, no idea if this was ever quoted as 1972 but was surprised she wasn’t older as she looks it to me

As said above, quite hard to successfully lie about your age these days
Is it wrong that I feel smug that being super-skinny and tanned have turned out to make you look old in the long run? So many big names from my childhood and teen years, who made my generation hate ourselves for being above a size 8 and for not always looking like we'd been to Ibiza, have turned out to look wizened in their 40s and 50s.

• Haha

PeteM

VIP Member
He's a nasty bit of work, that Sacha. Not the first time he's threatened to destroy someone's Hollywood career. He's a total psychopath.

Last edited:
  • Wow

petitspois

VIP Member
My Nan was friends with Liz Dawn. She used to give her signed photos to give out and my Nan thought she was a cut above due to her celebrity connections.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45

Haughty

• Haha

Grifty Mc

VIP Member
So hang on… Rebel sticks finger up Tom hardy’s bum without consent presumably and brags about then SBC allegedly asks her to do the same and he is the bad guy? I mean she has a book to promote and all but WTF!

• Heart

NomDeGuerre

VIP Member
Sean 'Diddy' Combs' properties in Los Angeles and Miami are currently being raided by federal agents, and two of his sons have been pictured in cuffs on the lawn.

EDIT

PopCrave are saying its in response to allegations of sex trafficking.

• Wow
  • Sick

SaLou

VIP Member
I think one of the reasons is because Oprah is close to a lot of dodgy people like Harvey Weinstein

• Wow
  • Sad

Spilttea

VIP Member
I have a completely irrational dislike of Susanne Jones and I have no idea why. I can’t watch anything with her in it.
I think she plays each role the same way regardless of character. We get Dr Foster with a kidnapped daughter, Dr Foster stuck on submarine. Dr Foster as a lesbian. Granted I tend to avoid stuff she is in so my references might be a bit off, but from what I’ve seen there is no variety despite a lot of the characters and storylines being different. She also strikes me as a poor man’s version of Sarah Lancashire that is now touted as some serious prestige talent for all the big budget dramas.

Reactions: 44

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Has anyone watched the docu series "quiet on set" about the horrible treatment and abuse of child stars on Nickelodeon?

It's obviously dreadful, upsetting stuff but it calls to mind the other documentary on this sort of thing "open secret" about the pedalo-phile ring involving Bryan Singer. There's a clip in this newer doc where the father of Drake Bell, the actor who was sexually abused for a long time by a man named Brian Peck, says he saw a clip of the man with Leo DiCaprio, rubbing his arms and stuff, when he was young and he just knew he needed to keep his son away from him.

It made me think back to how open secret talked about how Peck and Singer (who has been accused of four cases of SA against minors) were friends and that the pedalo-phile ring examined included managers of Leonardo DiCaprio and Tobey Maguire. Hard to imagine Leo wasn't caught up in this awful business if he had several ties to people involved. I'd say it's highly likely there is a chance he is a victim.

Dreadful to think so many people who have been around all these years probably were abused by this group of animals.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 44