Secret Celebrity Gossip #157

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Many years ago my friends then partner worked with the Spice Girls, he definitely said that Geri was older than she claimed (born no later than 1972, and possibly earlier) He also said none of them were very bright other than VB who was very into making money in the long term 😂 (he also said she had really bad skin under the make up, but this is 25+ years ago im sure it's improved since then!)

Another one who lies about her age is Denise van Outen, she is a year or 2 older than she claims (based on people my age - born 1972) who were at school with her.
Lying about your age is virtually impossible nowadays when there's Wikipedia and various family history sites with BDM indexes. Denise was born in 1974.

In 12 years of researching my family history, this is the first time, with the exception of my favourite film star (Cary Grant) that I've used the indexes to look up celebrities births 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Many years ago my friends then partner worked with the Spice Girls, he definitely said that Geri was older than she claimed (born no later than 1972, and possibly earlier) He also said none of them were very bright other than VB who was very into making money in the long term 😂 (he also said she had really bad skin under the make up, but this is 25+ years ago im sure it's improved since then!)

Another one who lies about her age is Denise van Outen, she is a year or 2 older than she claims (based on people my age - born 1972) who were at school with her.
A woman I work with went to a school in Basingstoke with, and was in the same year as, Liz Hurley. The woman I work with is 62. Liz Hurley is 58. See also Tess Daley, claims to be several years younger than fellow pupils at New Mills High School, despite being in the same year. Someone I know is mid 50's. I'm not sure how old Tess claims to be but I'm pretty sure she pretends to be the same age as her sext pest hubby Vernon, who is 50.

• Wow
Reactions: 15

Does anyone remember these twins? They did a tv documentary a few years ago and were in the public eye for some time. Well one of them got married a few years ago but it’s just come out publicly.

Sorry, but that gives me the ick.

Reactions: 27
Mel B likes to stir doesn't she? :LOL:

Mel B says she 'doesn't believe' Geri Halliwell is 50 as she claims Ginger Spice has lied about her age for years: 'No one knows how old she is'
With friends like Mel B who needs enemies? if you search Company House Geri's DOB is August 1972. I think it would be very hard (illegal) to lie about your age there.

Reactions: 12
Colin Firth always plays Colin Firth. Has he been in anything with Olivia Colman? he could play Colin Firth and she could play Olivia Colman. :ROFLMAO:
They were in Mothering Sunday and Empire of Light 😁

Screenshot_20240328_114357_Chrome.jpg

I've always had a soft spot for Colin Firth, I remember Pride and Prejudice being on when I was about 6 and his Mr Darcy made an impression on me even then 😆

The Tango scene in Easy Virtue :love:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Lying about your age is virtually impossible nowadays when there's Wikipedia and various family history sites with BDM indexes. Denise was born in 1974.

In 12 years of researching my family history, this is the first time, with the exception of my favourite film star (Cary Grant) that I've used the indexes to look up celebrities births 🤣
I'm sure I read back in the 90s, when she would have been starting out, she was born in 1972 (same as me).

Reactions: 1
Ashamed to say, I looked it up myself 🤣 and the birth was registered in Q3 which covers Jul, Aug, Sep. So it is correct.
You're right, I read it totally wrong, to be fair, I was on a boring work meeting at the same time and had been looking at some more recent ones recently that are by month, doh (and thanks for pointing this out, if you're going to lie about your age, you'd change it much more!)

Halliway or Halliwell?
Halliwell, for some reason I typed wrong (blame the meeting I was supposed to be paying attention to!)

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I don’t get lying about your age to make yourself younger. Do it the other way. Tell people you’re 55 when you’re 40 and they’ll lavish you with compliments about how young you look.

Mind, suppose I don’t work in an industry that hates women and won’t let them age.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I don’t get lying about your age to make yourself younger. Do it the other way. Tell people you’re 55 when you’re 40 and they’ll lavish you with compliments about how young you look.

Mind, suppose I don’t work in an industry that hates women and won’t let them age.
Someone once misheard me and thought my sister was in her mid 50s and the woman was amazed. Then my sister said she was mid 30s and the other lady was utterly underwhelmed and disappointed 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Yep, the sexiest ones. Colin Firth to start
He is filming for the Lockerbie show opposite my aunt's house at the moment. She can see everything from her living room window and has seen him a few times. Of course, since I have the worst luck, the few times I have gone to see her, there has been no sign of him. 😢

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
A woman I work with went to a school in Basingstoke with, and was in the same year as, Liz Hurley. The woman I work with is 62. Liz Hurley is 58. See also Tess Daley, claims to be several years younger than fellow pupils at New Mills High School, despite being in the same year. Someone I know is mid 50's. I'm not sure how old Tess claims to be but I'm pretty sure she pretends to be the same age as her sext pest hubby Vernon, who is 50.
According to the official birth records:

Liz Hurley, born 1965 so not 62 at all, maybe your work colleague was in the same class as Liz’s older sister?

Tess Daly, born 1969, no idea how old she claims to be

Denise Van Outen, born 1974, no idea if this was ever quoted as 1972 but was surprised she wasn’t older as she looks it to me

As said above, quite hard to successfully lie about your age these days

• Haha
Reactions: 17
According to the official birth records:

Liz Hurley, born 1965 so not 62 at all, maybe your work colleague was in the same class as Liz’s older sister?

Tess Daly, born 1969, no idea how old she claims to be

Denise Van Outen, born 1974, no idea if this was ever quoted as 1972 but was surprised she wasn’t older as she looks it to me

As said above, quite hard to successfully lie about your age these days
It’s much harder THESE days but the majority of these women will have sown the seeds years ago and once one source says you were born in x year, the others tend to follow suit.

I have an actress friend who went for a role in a popular tween show back when we were 18/19. The casting director refused to see anyone who was over 18, so she shaved a year off to get the audition. She got the part and has maintained this age lie publicly ever since - while the rest of us are turning a landmark birthday this year, she’s on her social media talking about ‘one more year left’. IMD, Wiki and the such all have her listed with her fake age

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Someone once misheard me and thought my sister was in her mid 50s and the woman was amazed. Then my sister said she was mid 30s and the other lady was utterly underwhelmed and disappointed 🤣
At my brothers wedding, a woman asked if I was his mum.

I'm 4 years younger and was in my 20s 😶

Not feeling the th love (unless thora as mentioned haha!) definitely am for Colin though ❤😍

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I issued a parking ticket to David Beckham, Victoria was with him. This was just before they got engaged. While she was pleasant enough and somewhat smiley, she did have bad skin and rather thin, stringy hair but pretty.

Reactions: 21
It’s much harder THESE days but the majority of these women will have sown the seeds years ago and once one source says you were born in x year, the others tend to follow suit.

I have an actress friend who went for a role in a popular tween show back when we were 18/19. The casting director refused to see anyone who was over 18, so she shaved a year off to get the audition. She got the part and has maintained this age lie publicly ever since - while the rest of us are turning a landmark birthday this year, she’s on her social media talking about ‘one more year left’. IMD, Wiki and the such all have her listed with her fake age
Yes you can do it in the media but it's so easy to check on official records that it's easy to be found out. Official Birth Marriage and Death records don't lie like this (although I am always amused by old census records where people often don't age 10 years in the decade ;))

• Heart
Reactions: 10

I certainly don't care about stage age. If you can get away with it, why not? Have to laugh though about Sinitta maintaining that she was born in 1968 for many years, which would have made her 14 in this.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.