Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
I wouldn’t say basketball is anymore American than NFL, yet that does have a following. There are even an American football teams here in the U.K, both men’s and women’s. Basketball is probably more accessible and affordable, most sports hall are set up to play it, there are basket ball courts in parks and yet it doesn’t have any grass roots development here. I’m prepared to be told im wrong.

Reactions: 3

BonBon27

VIP Member
but they honoured Tina Turner, who was in a handful of films but certainly less than matthew Perry.
Yeah but I guess she didn’t play a famous TV character for many years, she only appeared in films 🤷🏼‍♀️ They’ve said he’ll be honoured at the TV ceremony. I did think it was odd he wasn’t included last night but I guess they go with the most famous roles.

girlinbrum

VIP Member
They were out for Jordan's birthday he spoke about it on his podcast. But maybe they did his leaving do at same time, who knows. Although the rumour on twitter is that it's just one of those silly games Radio 1 plays like when they "kidnapped" Greg. It's all very weird. Apart from doing a breakfast show at a rival station I can't see why he would choose to leave R1 which was always his dream.

JSquared

VIP Member
I have a couple of gay friends who emigrated to Australia last year. They posted on fb this week that there were masses of tickets available for Taylor’s concerts which surprised me. They aren’t fans by the way they just commented on it.
Do you know which area of Australia they are based? My friend is currently living in Australia for work and wants a ticket but apparently can’t get a ticket for love nor money. She is desperado to go so will be buzzing

VielleFemme

I saw Sophie at Butlins Skeggy last September. Her voice was reedy and thin and she couldn’t work the crowd. We left and went to see Chesney Hawkes instead 😂😂😂 Blue were there too, middle aged dads dancing and miming, absolutely shite.
I saw her with her shit band theaudience getting booed offstage in a tent at Phoenix 96 when they replaced Curve.

She irritated the fuck out of me in the 90s/00s.

And now my teenage daughter keeps singing the song. Grrr. Why do they resurrect the worst music?

SaLou

VIP Member
I assume this is the nobodies/wannabes red carpet that these big events have started doing for influencers and minor celebs not invited to the main event. The BAFTAS aren't until tonight.

They're not live though, so the main stars will be arriving soon. I think it might start about 5pm.

Remotecontrol

VIP Member

More seriously, I don't see the need for them to keep going back to stuff that is supposedly finished. They should make something new.

(Period drama wise, I'm hoping someone buys the rights to the Chips Channon Diaries...)
I agree it’s so unimaginative.

Binnsy86

You've obviously not read about how Diana climbed the greasy pole, then - jumping into bed with the head of Motown and pulling a Nicole Shitsinger with anyone in The Supremes who threatened to upstage her ;)

DAMN! (Looking forward to reading this though, thanks).