Secret Celebrity Gossip #145

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember that. I was about 14 when it came out and was obsessed with him. At the time. RS McColl's put all their foreign magazines on a shelf near the front of the shop and the pictures were in some Italian magazine and I managed to swipe a copy and bolt before anyone saw me. I took it into school the next day and even those who had never talked to me asked to see it....god, the stuff you had to do pre-internet.
You deserve this 🏆

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I never fail to be surprised at how bad celebrities are with money. No excuse he should be this short of money this quickly.
It's not really a case of being bad with money - more a case of being used to having a lot of money coming in regularly, spending accordingly and then whinging about not having much. These are not people who are down to the last few hundred in the bank - by a "normal" person's standards, they're doing well. They just don't want to downgrade.

I love Michael Buble - especially at this time of year 😳😳😳

I wasn't a big fan of MB till I took my mum to see him before the pandemic. He came across as so lovely and really engaged with the audience, turned me into a fan!!!

I'm also quite partial to a bit of Tom Jones, especially his big ballads from the 60s and 70s. Although to be fair, we saw him a couple of years ago and he sang the old songs with different arrangements, I wasn't amused.

I'm not a big fan of Cliff Richard, but We Don't talk anymore is a banger!!!

Think I'm gonna be banned from this thread cos i seem out of step with everyone else.🤣🤣🤣
A colleague of mine is a 60 year old lesbian and she said the only time she's even vaguely questioned her sexuality was seeing Michael Bublé live. 😅

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
BIB - Thanks, definitely something I'm putting on my Christmas list.

If I'm right, Chips Channon was the father of Paul Channon, a minister in one of Mrs Thatcher's cabinets. His daughter, Olivia(?) died from a drug overdose at Oxford in the '80s which of course the tabloids lapped up.

I haven't read them but Kenneth Williams's diaries are reckoned by some to be a very good chronicle of the 20th century. Perhaps another one for my list.
I got the first volume of the Channon diaries for 99p on Kindle a while ago. Bargain, it’s huge. I am a real book problem but it is going to be better to read on kindle because of the weight!

The Kenneth Williams diaries - they are a great read, but I felt so down after them. Poor Kenneth. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I would like to share that I have tried to find the Brad Pitt peeny photo with NO success. I'm shocked this hasn't been shared again, not that I'm keen on seeing it or anything.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I would like to share that I have tried to find the Brad Pitt peeny photo with NO success. I'm shocked this hasn't been shared again, not that I'm keen on seeing it or anything.
I wouldn’t say you’re missing much. It looks like a Richmond sausage to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
A colleague of mine is a 60 year old lesbian and she said the only time she's even vaguely questioned her sexuality was seeing Michael Bublé live. 😅
That reminds me, I remember reading an article about sexuality and one anecdote was of a gold star lesbian who had never once been attracted to a man…except Johnny Depp. Literally the only man in the world she’s ever had a crush on 😂

Reactions: 5
Like anton from strictly is his real name not Tony Beak or something 😂😂
Micky Bubbles irritated me 4 times today , twice in the car and twice in the shops. I especially hate Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. That was 2 out of 4. duck off Micky Bubbles
---
Oh yes The Fake Sheik! I was bored last night and found a series about him on Amazon prime.....
---

Sorry if this has already been answered 😅

But where was the children's father?

Always the Mum is victimised??
The fake sheik was Sophie Edinburgh

• Haha
I got the first volume of the Channon diaries for 99p on Kindle a while ago. Bargain, it’s huge. I am a real book problem but it is going to be better to read on kindle because of the weight!

The Kenneth Williams diaries - they are a great read, but I felt so down after them. Poor Kenneth. ❤
The Kenneth Williams diaries are a great read. Though as you say quite sad in parts. He is wonderfully gossipy and dismissive of a lot of people.
His last entry was 'oh what's the bloody point'. I'm not sure if it was ever clear if his death was natural or s**cide.

My daughter read Alan Rickman's diaries and said they are good too.

Reactions: 8
Micky Bubbles irritated me 4 times today , twice in the car and twice in the shops. I especially hate Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas. That was 2 out of 4. duck off Micky Bubbles
---

The fake sheik was Sophie Edinburgh
Fergie asked the fake shiek for £500,000 in exchange for access to sweaty Andy !

• Wow
Reactions: 6
I know I’ll probably get incoming. And maybe I’m biased as I’m married to a veteran. Also I’m not getting into the whole Ireland situation, the rights and wrongs. But the IRA killed innocent people. The 70s and 80s were a frightening time to even be around the forces, be out in large cities and led to bins being removed from many places
The Pogues in Ireland were known as plastic paddies , the thing is he went to a public school was very well educated in England, loved Brendan Behan etc etc , but he was more like Joe Strummer a fraud slumming it with the working classes when he wasn't

Reactions: 9
The Pogues in Ireland were known as plastic paddies , the thing is he went to a public school was very well educated in England, loved Brendan Behan etc etc , but he was more like Joe Strummer a fraud slumming it with the working classes when he wasn't
he only went to a public school because he won a scholarship to pay his fees as he was highly intelligent. I think his parents weren’t middle class, they both worked and I think his mum was a nurse but I could be wrong. She instilled education from an early age with him hence winning a scholarship to Westminster (for two years as he was expelled)
---
I know I’ll probably get incoming. And maybe I’m biased as I’m married to a veteran. Also I’m not getting into the whole Ireland situation, the rights and wrongs. But the IRA killed innocent people. The 70s and 80s were a frightening time to even be around the forces, be out in large cities and led to bins being removed from many places
yes as did the British army, including the paratroopers on Bloody Sunday firing innocents. Veterans were charged in later years over instances like this. Neither the IRA or the British army came out of the troubles without innocents blood on their hands. Sorry to derail the thread it’s just your comment that the IRA killed innocent people, I wanted to acknowledge that the British army did too as they murdered a (young teenage) member of my family who had no sectarian links on Bloody Sunday

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.