Secret Celebrity Gossip #142

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My name is a fairly common name but there's a huge number of ways to spell it. When I was in primary school there were 10 other children in my year with the same name, but every single one was a different spelling. I wanted my mum to change my name to "Emma" because I wouldn't have to keep spelling it.

Couldn't get anything with my name on it when I was a child, whenever there was, which was very rare, it would be the wrong spelling.

I didn't learn my lesson though, all my children have "Unusual" names, (Apart from middle child, his name is getting more popular now, but 15 years ago when he was born it was very unusual for an English person to have that name).
My oldest child's name comes from the culture of her birth father, my youngest's is a name that comes from a goddess but has a form in many different cultures from Carthaginian to Old English.
Mine is extremely common (4 of us in just one class in my school) but there’s multiple ways of spelling it, so I find myself always saying with an I and an E!
---
I have a long first, middle and surname. I wonder what drugs my parents took 🤪Never had any “named” things as a kid. Soooo unfair!
I’ve got two quite unusual middle names, both of which I love but a very common boring first name which I hate!

Reactions: 4
As I've said before, my first name is Mark, which is stupidly common.

My last name is a less common spelling of a reasonably common one.

Reactions: 6
Mine is extremely common (4 of us in just one class in my school) but there’s multiple ways of spelling it, so I find myself always saying with an I and an E!
We've probably got the same name....I always have to say "No I, No A, just a Y and an E"

Reactions: 2
I bought tree baubles with names for my son and daughter and their partners.
Daughter’s boyfriend has an unusual name, so I got him a bauble with “they didn’t have one with your name” on it.
Came from a well known garden centre

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I never find anything with “Sideboard Bob“ on it 😭 so I just made do with “Sideboob Borb” items.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
No.
I do my own unique version, with erotic hip thrusts and mixed in with a little of the Killer Cliff classic Living Doll.
Then I defecate in my own hands like GG Allin and threaten to shoot the audience and then myself.
---
And again, we come full circle back to Kitty 😱 Tis a conspiracy, I tell ya!

Edited to correct the link!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I like Tuesday, always reminds me of the Lynyrd Skynyrd song Tuesdays Gone. I’d have called a kid that, sadly she was born on a Friday and the boy on a Sunday so didn’t really work for eithe 😂

Reactions: 7
The One and Only is a brilliant singalong song. It's featured in the film Buddy's Song which I have never seen.
I’ve seen this movie so many times, the soundtrack has so many bops - nothing serious, it’s gonna be tough and secrets of the heart are pure 90s cheese, I love them!

re: personalised gear, my name is boring as sin and I still never got a cool pen or hairband with my name on because my mum refused to ever buy me anything that was considered “fun”.

• Sad
  • Wow
Can I very politely suggest that various versions of ‘my name is a very unusual spelling of a usual name but with a c instead of a b’ etc…… is of interest only to the poster of said comment.

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Mark Lemoning? any relation to Keith Lemon?
Ha. I have gone by lemon irl to internet people before, but only once or twice.

I have also, obliquely, revealed my surname before, because I share it with an influencer (who spells it one of the more common ways, but not the most common).

And to be fair, I use this username and variants in enough places that it wouldn't be hard to 🔺️

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.