Secret Celebrity Gossip #142

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My name is common enough to feature on personalised stuff. Which sadly means that Mother DragName still buys me a lot of personalised toot even though I’m far too old for that kind of things these days.

Reactions: 5
I have a long first, middle and surname. I wonder what drugs my parents took 🤪Never had any “named” things as a kid. Soooo unfair!
My name had a phase of being popular but due to varied spellings I have to spell all three of my names. Every. Single. Time.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I know someone who named a child Loki Anakin 🤦‍♂️

I got reminded recently of various 2000s one hit wonders¹ and "one and a half" hit wonders² and I wonder if they have done as well out of it.

¹Big Sur by The Thrills; Refugees by The Tears

²Eg Turin Brakes, who have had 7 top 40 singles, but aside from Painkiller most people wouldn't know them.
People who call their children after Star Wars or Lord of the Rings characters give me the ick! Come on in for your dinner Aragon!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
People who call their children after Star Wars or Lord of the Rings characters give me the ick! Come on in for your dinner Aragon!
As much as I love the lord of the rings I’d never ever use a characters name for a child.. my dog yes but no kids.. Gandalf get down! bleeping hell 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Lenny Kravitz has no right being so awfully sexy; please tell me he's a bastard and has a Wotsit penis.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I was going to call one of my cats Galadriel till my husband called me a pretentious twit. We settled on Molly🙄.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I caught the bbc news on the radio this morning where Eavis’ daughter stated that all the SM speculation about the headliners was total bollocks as nothing has been decided yet. Mind you I thought it was a good way to drum up interest and see how those artists would be received so maybe she started the rumour.

Reactions: 12
Lenny Kravitz has no right being so awfully sexy; please tell me he's a bastard and has a Wotsit penis.
Pretty sure it popped out his trousers whilst he was performing on stage before. Tried to find pictures online but they were censored 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Think I’ve said before- my name wasn’t terribly popular in my age group so I hated it- I always wanted a name that would have made me fit in more. I never really had problems with my maiden surname, but my married name I have terrible trouble with. It’s a very very common Irish name, but it either gets spelled wrong or totally misheard. That said, there is a current player in the Irish men’s rugby team whose name is identical to my maiden name aside from one letter (he has the male version of my first name, one letter difference but the surname is the same) my family and my rugby friends think it’s hilarious. First I knew of it was when I turned up to a match one day and my mate said ‘what you doing here, thought you were playing for Ireland’ That was funny for the first few occasions…

I once went to collect an order from a music shop, and I told them my last name four times. Four times the sales assistant looked puzzled and said there’s nothing for that name. Eventually I got fed up and stated ‘It’s….. as in- stating the name of a famous singer who shares my surname’
The other sales assistant was laughing his head off at that, while the sales assistant who was serving me went ohhhhh- why didn’t you say this in the first place? I did- four times!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Think I’ve said before- my name wasn’t terribly popular in my age group so I hated it- I always wanted a name that would have made me fit in more. I never really had problems with my maiden surname, but my married name I have terrible trouble with. It’s a very very common Irish name, but it either gets spelled wrong or totally misheard. That said, there is a current player in the Irish men’s rugby team whose name is identical to my maiden name aside from one letter (he has the male version of my first name, one letter difference but the surname is the same) my family and my rugby friends think it’s hilarious.
Jaysus, it’s “Bundie” Aki herself! 😂😂😂

Oh I empathise with the rest!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Owen Paul had one big hit in the 80's (My favourite waste of time) and at one point lived next door to The Osbournes in Hollywood. These 80's stars are loaded because they still get big royalties.
His version was a cover so he doesn't get much if any royalties from it. He does tour now and again and has released other music which seems to be his real passion as it doesn't really sell much but his money comes from elsewhere. Back in the day, he got into an argument with his record company and walked away since. He ended up teaming up with a friend and was involved in developing several well-known places like the Hard Rock Cafe and Planet Hollywood.

I remember the Osbournes thing. He was being a dick and playing his music so loud everyone was phoning the cops, not just the Osbournes. He moved out for a while then moved back in again and deliberately built a tennis court to screw with Sharon who retaliated by letting her cats out to crap on the courts...and never got them back. She actually wondered if they had kidnapped or killed them for revenge, either way, she never saw them again.
---
The worst I have ever seen was Pilot Inspektor which is what the actor Jason Lee called his kid. When asked why he picked it, Jason said it came from a song he liked by an indie rock group called Granddaddy and as far as I am aware, the guy is now 20 and still goes by the name.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.