Secret Celebrity Gossip #142

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have one of those annoying surnames that I have to spell out literally every single time I tell someone it, so I gave my three boys nice but normal (some might say boring) names that are fairly easy to spell (apart from one whose name could have an S or an E on the end - he’s an S because it’s the proper way!). My in laws on the other hand decided to saddle their child with a weird name that will need to be spelt every time he says it, poor kid a whole lifetime of spelling out his entire name
Louis by any chance? :)
I wouldn’t say I named my child a weird name but it’s a traditional Irish name that isn’t well known or used any more. The meaning of it was important to us also. It does get a lot of questions and excuse mes? (It’s not a made up or stupid sounding name just not well known)
but I definitely didn’t want her to end up in a class full of kids with the same name like when I was younger. I think we had 3 Nicolas, 4 Karen’s, 3 Laura’s, several Stephen’s and John’s. Nothing wrong with those names at all but I know when I was researching baby names I purposefully stayed away from anything that features on the top 100 most popular names for the past few years. But of course each to their own!

Reactions: 15
Never mind Noel Edmonds being ridiculously rich, where does Liz Hurley get all her money from? Having a multi million pound house built in the Cotswolds. If I worked as little as she does I’d be homeless!
I heard tell she sells her body to wealthy Middle Eastern gentlemen.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
his robot sons are called christopher, hal and finn so fairly normal.

though christopher cumberbatch is a tough one, i’m
not sure i would have gone with that if he was my tiny robot child.
Callum Cumberbatch would be crueller.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I wouldn’t say I named my child a weird name but it’s a traditional Irish name that isn’t well known or used any more. The meaning of it was important to us also. It does get a lot of questions and excuse mes? (It’s not a made up or stupid sounding name just not well known)
but I definitely didn’t want her to end up in a class full of kids with the same name like when I was younger. I think we had 3 Nicolas, 4 Karen’s, 3 Laura’s, several Stephen’s and John’s. Nothing wrong with those names at all but I know when I was researching baby names I purposefully stayed away from anything that features on the top 100 most popular names for the past few years. But of course each to their own!
Not the same as naming a baby but I did that with my latest Kitten. She was going to be Luna til I found out it's the most popular Cat name atm.

One plus I found of growing up as a 'Laura' so fairly common name was easy to find items with my name. Past few Years i've noticed most items now dont offer a 'Laura' 😭 I've had to buy Christmas Decs with one of my middle's instead 'Layla'

Reactions: 7
Not the same as naming a baby but I did that with my latest Kitten. She was going to be Luna til I found out it's the most popular Cat name atm.

One plus I found of growing up as a 'Laura' so fairly common name was easy to find items with my name. Past few Years i've noticed most items now dont offer a 'Laura' 😭 I've had to buy Christmas Decs with one of my middle's instead 'Layla'
I can’t get my name on anything personalised as it isn’t the right spelling! So not fair! I can’t buy that tit lol.
1699213944183.gif

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
At the time he won it he was barely making a living singing in local pubs. Liberty x had done the big reunion tv show but there was no traction. He’s not had a major comeback since winning the voice but he makes a good living now singing with Wet Wet Wet at all the festivals and does a lot of the high profile P&O cruises all year round and lots of well paying corporate. He’s a decent hard working man and is extremely grateful for the opportunities to support his family that the Voice brought him. I only know him vaguely but he’s a great talent and works hard for the success he does have. Is he Ed Sheeran money making wise? No, but I suspect he wouldn’t want to be.
Kevin simms, his audition gave me goose bumps

Reactions: 5
I had one I had to spell and pronounce not a British surname.. drove me insane all throughout my childhood/ high school. Changed it by deed poll lol.
A bit like David Bowie’s son Zowie, who changed his name to Duncan? 😂
---
I have a name starting with C & you cannot find anything personalised. It's not even unusual, thanks to a 90s British sitcom it's well known (not C**t obviously!)
Cassandra?
---

My Dad’s cat is Luna and I’m ashamed to say I named her! Still love the name though and it suits her!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There was the scottish fireman that won the voice. Rita Ora made an embarrassment of herself during his audition

Reactions: 4
My kids have bog standard names. All but one. His name has a story and meaning behind it but is also a word in the dictionary lol.

Reactions: 4
Bugger to fit that into those tiny boxes on forms.
Reminds me of a retired baseball player called Jarrod Saltalamacchia, which at one time held the record for the longest surname in Major League Baseball history¹, it's since been beaten by someone using a double barreled name (which is kind of cheating):

1699216774524.png

¹Baseball is a sport which very much cares about such things. It's possible, if a player has a long enough career, to get meaningful statistics to the effect of "how well does he bat against left handed pitchers in New York at night on a Tuesday in August" or similar.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My name is a fairly common name but there's a huge number of ways to spell it. When I was in primary school there were 10 other children in my year with the same name, but every single one was a different spelling. I wanted my mum to change my name to "Emma" because I wouldn't have to keep spelling it.

Couldn't get anything with my name on it when I was a child, whenever there was, which was very rare, it would be the wrong spelling.

I didn't learn my lesson though, all my children have "Unusual" names, (Apart from middle child, his name is getting more popular now, but 15 years ago when he was born it was very unusual for an English person to have that name).
My oldest child's name comes from the culture of her birth father, my youngest's is a name that comes from a goddess but has a form in many different cultures from Carthaginian to Old English.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.