Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

pixxyy

VIP Member
Twitter you kinda expect all the idiots to post, gotta say i'm surprised by just how many rape apologists/victim blamers we have on Tattle.

• Sad
Reactions: 53

Eureka

VIP Member
I'm not defending it but having researched, there's no recent reports. He talks about changing his ways. Maybe he has. If he hasn't then bring on some criminal charges.
so you’re ok with him getting away with rape because it happened years ago and he might be a different person now ?

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Trafalgar

VIP Member
Kirsty Gallagher has deleted her supportive tweet. Bet she fells like a stupid rapist apologising cunt now.

• Wow
For those who say just say no or walk away, really? Do you think it’s that easy?

You can be all big mouthed about how you wouldn’t do this or that, but you have no idea what would happen until you are in that situation. Until you have experienced being groomed and coerced.

These men have perfected the art, they can switch between being the perfect guy to the guy who’s harming you and you don’t see it coming until it’s too late.

Also you think you can stop a 16 year old doing something? If you try they will do it behind your back and it’s likely that’s going to end up with a worse outcome.

• Heart
  • Sad

PiefaceG

VIP Member
I completely believe them, but I hope they address why they haven't gone to police. Or if they have tried and been ignored. Going straight to media never looks great
There are a million reasons not to go to police. The article mentions the reasons given by a couple of the victims.

I personally wouldn't/haven't gone to police.

• Heart

Eureka

VIP Member
I was attacked at my aunts house at a party in the early hours of my 18th birthday never reported, only my best friend and husband know. I have never had a happy birthday since. My heart goes out to these brave ladies, I hope he’s punished. I’m watching this through tears as it’s triggering but I have to watch these women being brave and telling their truth. I only wish I could have been as brave.
You are brave. To get up every day and keep going and not take it out on yourself or the world around you is one of the bravest things you can do.

• Heart

Squittel

VIP Member
I wouldn't have let my daughter anywhere near Russell Brand. No 16 yr old of mine would be dating him and having sex with him, I'd personally kill him and serve time myself before that happened.
I was 17 when I went to Russell Brand’s dressing room, my family had no idea.

• Sad
  • Wow

Candle_rose1

I urge anyone who hasn't seen it to try and catch Jodie Comer in her one woman show, Prima Facie. It very much addresses this.
Thank you for highlighting the show, I will look out for it.

Similar to the comment above, I very wrongly I know how, didn't think of it as rape when my ex husband would force himself on me and sometimes waking up to it because he was my husband. I just presumed because he was my husband it can't be rape, it was just sex with my partner.

How wrong I was, I wish I had been more aware back then.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I will never understand the argument of “well they went willingly..”

They can go willingly, I could go willingly, I could go for drinks, be walked home, go back for coffee, start kissing, go further and still be able to change my mind. It could be with someone new, it could be with a long term partner.. I can still say no and it still withstands.

It’s seems it’s an all or nothing approach? Well the though was there so that’s it, I’m sleeping with you as at one point it maybe have been on the agenda.. so bloody righteous and I’m shocked at my personal FB/Instagram having such support for Brand. Really stunned

• Heart
  • Wow

Gossngiggles

VIP Member
I completely believe them, but I hope they address why they haven't gone to police. Or if they have tried and been ignored. Going straight to media never looks great
One was a 16 year old groomed by him, one woman in the article literally told the rape centre she didn’t go to the police because it was his word against hers and let’s face it he has money and fame which comes with power behind him, I imagine the other women felt the same. Others raised his behaviour with managers et. but it was ignored or covered up.
Then there is the sheer horror that can come with a rape trial(if it got that far) having your whole life bought up, previous sexual activity, the underwear you wore etc.

• Heart

Blurp

VIP Member
I'm not defending it but having researched, there's no recent reports. He talks about changing his ways. Maybe he has. If he hasn't then bring on some criminal charges.
So would it be OK for a murderer to say that he's changed his ways and hasn't killed recently so shouldn't be charged for murders in the past? That's the same argument. The killer of Renee and Andrew MacRae was finally jailed last year after killing them in 1976; he died in prison earlier this year at the age of 81. He hadn't killed anyone for fifty years so should he have argued that he changed his ways? That he should only have been charged if he had carried on murdering?

Old men are being sent to prison for historical sex offences decades old; a crime doesn't stop being a crime because time passes and the perpetrator changes their ways - they are still liable for punishment. Some prisons are verging on care homes for elderly perverts who have finally had the law catch up on them and justice served

• Heart
Reactions: 50

moldwarp

VIP Member
Nazir Afzal OBE was the prosecutor who got the Rochdale grooming gang brought bang to rights. He has also successfully prosecuted honour killings and other CSA victims. Also Dale Cregan. Man’s a hero.

Also can I just say I think it would be quite nice if the BBC would stop platforming abusers? And covering up for them? You know, given that we have to pay for it and all?

• Heart
Reactions: 49

JakaMini

I am so disgusted and also frightened by the number of men and women defending this vile sexual predator on social media.

• Heart

Limey

VIP Member
Do we think it’s all about RB or about a circle of abusers?
I doubt its just Brand, but there's certainly enough on him for an entire series (allegedly). If they've gone with a blockbuster 90 min Dispatches, its likely to be multiple people getting accused. I'll be amazed if Walliams isn't under the microscope.

D33pthroat

This is not a comment on Brand or his awful actions but just seeing all these toxic clips of old TV and radio shows and the way the culture just encouraged and rewarded all these excessive, addicted celebs and built them up. Lowest-common denominator culture gave us shit content and awful, undeserving celebrities - famous for being offensive and excessive rather than for being good at anything.

It started with X Factor and Big Brother - where the MO was “we can fast track these no names
towards stardom because they are sociopaths and it’s all they want.” It doesn’t matter if they aren’t the most talented or the best in their field because the public were manipulated to want them to succeed above all others. A healthy society wouldn’t have allowed Brand to be famous in the first place. Sickening.

• Heart