Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Who Knows?WhoCares?

I never reported my rape.
I stayed in a relationship with my rapist.
Rape is about power and it’s never simple. Please try and keep judgment out of your comments when you’re discussing the victims - chances are they won’t read it, but someone in a similar situation might.
Love to anyone who needs it.

• Heart
Reactions: 228

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Every time something like this comes out by a male celebrity I’m reminded how much society hates girls and women and blame us for our own assaults, rapes and deaths.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 136

henriettadubois2

VIP Member
Only people who have (unfortunately) been SA have any business talking about it.

FUCK YOU to hell if you dare tell a survivor what they “should” have done.
Makes me so angry people talking out of their behinds about stuff they know nothing about.

• Heart
Reactions: 131

regularvoltaire

My ex husband raped me on and off for 15+ years. I had my children with him, and (I thought) I loved him. That doesn’t stop what he did from being absolutely abhorrent. The gagging thing RB was talking about really REALLY got to me and I just had horrid flashbacks of my ex coming home after a night out and me waking up like that. It was only when I got out that I realised the enormity. To this day I have massive problems with intimacy, to dismiss anyone’s experience because they ‘went willingly’ is an absolute fucking disgrace.

Brand is an absolute disgusting POS. I personally don’t believe in Sex Addiction. Addiction is when your body cannot physically cope without something. What he was (is?) is entitled. He liked sex, so he thought he was entitled to it. Sod what the poor victims felt. He wanted it, so he was having it. There’s so much of it about, and it makes me so so mad.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 127

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
They haven't gone straight to the media. This is years later. I doubt they're profiting from taking part in a documentary. It is incredibly gruelling to contemplate telling loved ones; hoping they believe you, never mind the police who will want to ask you everything right down to the cut of his pubes. I don't judge anyone for not going to the police. I went to the police and it was the hardest thing I've ever done. If I hadn't have been slightly dissociative I don't think I could have done it.

Huge love to all who are troubled and dismayed by this. Extra love if this brings anything back for you. X

• Heart
Reactions: 111

Ginnyjo

VIP Member
They didn't go straight to the media, one woman he raped went to a clinic, and looked into criminal prosecution, but was scared off by his lawyers, alice who was 16 when they met actually contacted him for an apology, his management accused her of trying to blackmail him.
A victim recounting her rape story owes bystanders nothing, none of us know what they've gone through physically or mentally, RB has an army of high powered lawyers, why do people think comedians have not come forward and actually named him before.
Whataboutary has no place in this story, if you're questioning the morals/actions of the victims, without even seeing the programme you need to give your head a wobble, and think about who you're defending using statements like that.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 111

regularvoltaire

My ex husband raped me on and off for 15+ years. I had my children with him, and (I thought) I loved him. That doesn’t stop what he did from being absolutely abhorrent. The gagging thing RB was talking about really REALLY got to me and I just had horrid flashbacks of my ex coming home after a night out and me waking up like that. It was only when I got out that I realised the enormity. To this day I have massive problems with intimacy, to dismiss anyone’s experience because they ‘went willingly’ is an absolute fucking disgrace.

Brand is an absolute disgusting POS. I personally don’t believe in Sex Addiction. Addiction is when your body cannot physically cope without something. What he was (is?) is entitled. He liked sex, so he thought he was entitled to it. Sod what the poor victims felt. He wanted it, so he was having it. There’s so much of it about, and it makes me so so mad.
by the way, just to provide a glint of hope, I am now remarried to the kindest, most lovely man in the entire universe. He is currently out tonight with his mates and he texted me when it came on to ask if I was ok and if I wanted him to come back for support.

I am happier and more confident than I have ever been. To all the victims of this shit; IT CAN AND WILL GET BETTER ❤‍🩹

• Heart
Reactions: 110
I was attacked at my aunts house at a party in the early hours of my 18th birthday never reported, only my best friend and husband know. I have never had a happy birthday since. My heart goes out to these brave ladies, I hope he’s punished. I’m watching this through tears as it’s triggering but I have to watch these women being brave and telling their truth. I only wish I could have been as brave.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 109

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
I never reported my rape.
I stayed in a relationship with my rapist.
Rape is about power and it’s never simple. Please try and keep judgment out of your comments when you’re discussing the victims - chances are they won’t read it, but someone in a similar situation might.
Love to anyone who needs it.
I didn’t report mine. His own mother said I deserved it. I told a friend then they spoke to him then he threatened to come round to my house and burn it down. Never told my family until last year, well I trusted a family member and they broke their word and told them. I didn’t tell as I didn’t want them thinking I was making it all up.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 107

Limey

VIP Member
These threads are going to be moving faster than the night we saw that pic of Huw Edwards' arse crack. *settles down on sofa*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I agree but I think what I'm hearing here is that young women urgently need to learn healthy boundaries and that men don't just 'tell them what to do' then they 'go along with it' because they 'felt flattered' and then they realise later they feel groomed. There's going to be sh*tty predators in every area of life. Some of these people are just expressing regret not describing crime. I'm sorry they went through that but it's not a crime if they went round his house to actually have the consented act take place.

I do think the people who platformed him and celebrated him for the way he was being are sick as heck too.
how can you be watching and listening to all of this and have “what i’m hearing here is that women need to learn healthy boundaries” as your first thought.

like literally, how can THAT be your main takeaway?!

• Heart
Reactions: 99

NinaStar90

VIP Member
Thanks to everyone today who has put supportive comments. Thank you to everyone who is angry that we're still being treated like this. People slag this site often, but almost all users I encounter are supportive and caring. Stay safe ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 98

Flibbertigibbet

Chatty Member
"As her taxi approached Russell Brand’s home, Alice remembers the driver begging her not to go inside. Recognising the destination, he had started to ask questions. Alice admitted she was 16 and still in school.

She says the driver replied that his daughter was the same age and entreated Alice: “Please, I’m asking you not to go in there, you could be my little girl, and I would want someone to do this for her.” He offered to take her home without charge, but Alice insisted she was fine. “He had just such a sad look in his eyes,” she recalls."

Fuck's sake, it's the scarce moments of goodness in these stories that always make me cry!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 97

MrsDimSum

VIP Member
Hubby has announced he’s not watching dispatches. He says ‘he’s not interested in another TV weirdo’. I think he’s still traumatised over Huw’s arse.

should I:

1. ask him to leave the family home
2. Just go straight for divorce?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92

miss n thropy

Chatty Member
even going willingly they still have the right to change their mind. And any decent Man would let them
Totally

i don’t care if a woman pitches up to a mans house wearing high heels, a thong and a t shirt saying party in my pants and you’re invited, IF SHE SAYS NO, SHE FUCKING SAYS NO!

just shouting for the hard of thinking.

• Heart
Reactions: 88

stardust21

VIP Member
The people at channel 4 really are sexist pigs aren’t they, with who they select on their shows 😡😡

IMG_0006.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 88

pearandfreesia

It's 100% going to be more than one person. I'm not actually sure it'll even just focus on one person. Maybe Brand is just the most high profile.

It would be darkly funny if he now wasn't mentioned at all, though.
Long time lurker etc etc.

I really hope Stephen K Amos is included for what he allegedly did to that poor teenage boy. News articles from the time only mention ‘Mr X’ as the court / inquest protected the identify of the comedian. But SKA tweeted the boy’s name after he died and it seems everyone knows it was SKA.

The news articles say Mr X plied him with drink, drugs and gifts, raped him, made him strip in front of Mr X’s friends so they could touch him. He couldn’t cope with what had happened to him and ended up committing suicide.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 86

Ohnoshebettadont

I think the documentary did an excellent job of showing the context of his behaviour and how men get away with it. So many people are oblivious to how abusers operate.

A rapist isn’t always a man lurking down a dark alley. In fact most rapes are committed by a person the victim knows and trusts. Brand, like saville before him, manipulated not just his victims but everyone around him. His jokes about sex and hurting women gave him a smokescreen. His ‘sex addiction’ gave him an excuse for predatory behaviour. His ‘eccentric’ ways gave him a free pass.
It’s clear to me this is a disgusting man who took advantage of women. The things detailed by his victims are truly terrifying and disgusting, all backed up with evidence and STILL people are making excuses for him and asking why the victims haven’t come forward before.

We don’t come forward because no one believes us!

For example: the child he groomed went looking for an apology from him years later, and his lawyers responded that she was looking for money! She never mentioned money.
The narrative is that women are to blame, seeking fame and money from a poor misunderstood man who couldn’t control himself. I am sick of hearing it and sick of people excusing a rapists behaviour by blaming the woman/child. THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME FOR A RAPE IS THE RAPIST.

• Heart
Reactions: 84