Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
And looking back, when he shared the unmadeup photo of Katy Perry and people laughed and said stuff like don’t we all look rough in the morning, or haha what a jolly jape from Russell. But I was horrified. She was a big star and her looks and image were very important to her. It’s not vain to want to keep the worst photos of you private, especially when your livelihood is based on your persona and image. It was despicably cruel to do that to her and I’ll bet he enjoyed her humiliation and gaslighted her into feeling bad for not sharing the “joke”. Not the worst thing he has done by a long way but gives a very good insight into what he is like as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 84

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I'm not defending it but having researched, there's no recent reports. He talks about changing his ways. Maybe he has. If he hasn't then bring on some criminal charges.
If he’s raped someone and then ‘changed his ways’ he’s still a rapist.

• Heart
Reactions: 81

House of Tea

VIP Member
Says in the Mail that Freddie Flintoff has been quietly paid off by the BBC in the millions. He has no legal action pending against the BBC and bears them no ill will. And the TG production team has been dismantled. He will be doing one more tv series about his cricket team series because it is a passion for him, and that is him done with tv. It is cricket for him after this. I am sure he has been through the wringer but the big man has got guts and resilience, he has pivoted to something else and seemingly will not let his accident ruin his life.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

moldwarp

VIP Member
Already seen people saying they are taking it with a pinch of salt. I've seen rumours about Russell Brand for years.
I think as a society we’ve become so polarised that many people can no longer see nuance but only black and white. So if you support, say, Russel Brands stance on Covid, that means you have to also believe that these allegations are false because he’s a “good person” for you. Or for example if you disagree with JK Rowlings view on sex and gender then that means you can no longer read Harry Potter. Or, you agreed with Jeremy Corbyn’s views on capitalism , so that meant that there must be no truth to the allegations of antisemitism in his Labour Party. Loads of other examples.

We never used to be like this as a society. Time was you could agree with someone on one thing and really despise something else about them. We’ve become extremely polarised as a society and it’s forced many people into weirder and weirder moral stances.
---
Would not surprise me if he almost planned this. Became the mediating robe wearing cult leader so that when the shit inevitably hit the fan for being a perverted drug addled rapist he had an army ready and waiting to help claim his innocence. Personally I think he’s guiltily as hell
Yes many people in the comedy world are saying exactly this on Twitter

• Heart
Reactions: 76

Dotty Merton

VIP Member

Interesting what Katy had to say years ago.
'The singer also claimed she found out the "real truth" behind the reason for their split, saying: "I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can’t necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like: This isn’t because of me; this is beyond me."

Katie darling, rainy day you say? It's pissing down here, soggy as a soggy thing. Dish that tea won't you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75

NinaStar90

VIP Member
I had a baby with someone older when I was 16. I thought I was so grown up. My child's father then left me for a 15 year old when I was 18 and she was pregnant at 16. I genuinely used to think I knew it all back then. Now my own child is older than I was- never even spoken to girls really, and I see how young I really was. Any 'man' who seeks out a child is scum.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 74

LadyWeatherwax

Fun Story: I went with my friend and her 14 year old daughter to see RB, donkey's years ago. She queued up after the show to get his autograph, but when she got to him he grabbed her face in both hands and shoved his tongue in her mouth.

Disclaimer: He probably didn't realise she was 14, she did look older. He also did this to pretty much everyone waiting for an autograph. If you take into account incidents like that, you could probably do a 90 minute show on him every day for a week.

• Sick
  • Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’m not a fan of George Michael (sorry!!) but I know he’s become a mascot in this thread so I thought I’d break up the intensity of this evening with a cute photo of George and a cat!
IMG_2449.jpeg

(also can we have other mascots instead of George once in awhile thank you please don’t hate me)

• Heart
  • Haha

Copacapybara

VIP Member

“Moving fast, they got engaged just a year after setting eyes on each other. Only four months later the couple wed in front of family and friends at Claridge's Hotel in London in a lavish £80,000 ceremony. Celebrity A-lister guests included Sir Elton John, Russell Brand and Stephen Fry. But it didn't last.”
Whenever I see pictures of Walliams I’m reminded of that quote about the politician who ‘had something of the night’ about him. 🤣

It’s like…he acts like a creep, he almost exclusively mocks vulnerable people, he’s assaulted someone live on stage, and he looks like the kind of crayon drawing a young girl would do if asked to draw the epitome of a pervert. He’s like a malign game show host carved out of ham. How is this only news now?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71

guytugii

Hi I have been lurking in this thread while watching the programme and I just want to say that it’s all awful but the bit about the woman he met in AA has really got to me. 12 step programmes are such vulnerable spaces and you’re encouraged to connect with and trust strangers very quickly. People give out their phone numbers to each other at the drop of a hat. It can be a very easy place for people to prey on those who are vulnerable - I have experienced it myself. I am sure this woman isn’t the only one Brand preyed on at AA or NA meetings.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 71

pixxyy

VIP Member
I'm sorry they went through that but it's not a crime if they went round his house to actually have the consented act take place.
Think you need to learn about consent and realise it can be stopped at any moment, even if both are naked & body parts are about to enter you

• Heart
Reactions: 68

Instashamous

Chatty Member
People on Twitter are the worst ‘why didn’t they go to the police’ there’s a similar narrative with the Greenwood stuff that individuals will only believe it if someone is convicted in court. By that logic, Saville’s innocent then.

Why don’t they look up the conviction rates for rape. Let alone accusing a rapist with millions at their disposal for an elite legal team.

• Heart
Reactions: 68

DM Me Hun

VIP Member
Dr CM came into the Lucy Letby thread a few weeks ago and antagonised a load of posters in there with ignorant comments. Don’t give them the satisfaction, just ignore.

• Heart
Reactions: 67