Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegrumpos

the victims don’t owe an explanation of why they didn’t come forward publicly until now or didn’t take a legal route.
They don’t hold one ounce of accountability for what has happened to them.

The people who worked with him, knew the stories, actively recruited women for him, excused and overlooked his behaviour are however totally reprehensible and accountable.
Whilst it might be understandable to not feel like you can speak up for fear of your own career (although I personally don’t get this) but surely you wouldn’t actively work for or with someone or commission a show, recruit them for a show or otherwise, knowing the rumours.

These rumours have been on tattle for years, the media have known for years including of course channel 4 who had him on bake off only a few years back.

He is of course responsible for his crimes but those who looked the other way are not far behind. We see it time and time again. It’s the same old story.
“We didn’t know”
SUCH bullshit

• Heart
Reactions: 58

Sea

VIP Member
Yes, they really do.

I wonder if it's because we have been conditioned to laugh along so we're not thought of as prudes? To show what good sorts we are? Also he's so shocking people laugh out of shock. The woman whose skirt he looked up was laughing but I bet she didn't find it funny. Imagine the response she'd have got if she had said what she really thought/felt.
We're conditioned to laugh it off even though we're feeling humiliated.
We're conditioned to make them feel comfortable although we're the one feeling uncomfortable.
We're conditioned to be kind even though they're being cruel.
We're conditioned to carry the guilt when they weren't the innocent ones.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57

mindlessness

VIP Member
It's not my main takeaway but wow these women are coming off as so passive and we've just had some admitting to 'being pimps'. Wow why not say NO to things that are so damn unacceptable? (not speaking about forced sex = rape acts, those are crimes).
Oh fuck right off with this victim blaming BS.

• Heart
Reactions: 57

moldwarp

VIP Member
Hardly. I'm saying Brand is fkn repulsive, all and any crimes should be with the police. But for the love of god women, stop saying 'I went round his house for sex and now I think he groomed me' because there's a logic problem. Also the sheer number of people who facilitated this (just like Jimmy Savile) makes me so freaking angry at them = platforming and facilitating predators, it's beginning to be a theme of mainstream media companies.
Ummm, no. There is no “logic problem”. Many of the victims of the Rochdale grooming gang went “willingly” to their abusers houses and shops. Many DV sufferers go back to their abusers even when a restraining order is in place. There are well researched psychological reasons behind this.

Respectfully I really think it would be good if you could do some more reading around abuse dynamics and psychological abuse and control before commenting on these issues in a thread where many have disclosed that they themselves are survivors.

• Heart
Reactions: 56

Squittel

VIP Member
I agree but I think what I'm hearing here is that young women urgently need to learn healthy boundaries and that men don't just 'tell them what to do' then they 'go along with it' because they 'felt flattered' and then they realise later they feel groomed. There's going to be sh*tty predators in every area of life. Some of these people are just expressing regret not describing crime. I'm sorry they went through that but it's not a crime if they went round his house to actually have the consented act take place.

I do think the people who platformed him and celebrated him for the way he was being are sick as heck too.
I mean, these women are literally saying he raped them but sure, blame them for not having healthy boundaries 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad

pixxyy

VIP Member
I'm not defending it but having researched, there's no recent reports. He talks about changing his ways. Maybe he has. If he hasn't then bring on some criminal charges.
You are defending it wether it happened 10 mins ago or 10 years its still rape

• Heart

PeteM

VIP Member
I didn't see the programme earlier but I can assure you that there are WAY more women that Russell has sexually assaulted/raped.

• Sad

L3moning

VIP Member
I was one of these posters discussing women going willingly. The venom towards me on this thread for having an opinion was actually very strange. In no way was I saying these victims deserved what happened. What I was saying that for every women who was attacked there would have been double that of those who chased him/ told him how great it was/and perused him. That’s why him and people in his team continued it
The amount of people who slept with him consensually is meaningless.

• Heart

pixxyy

VIP Member
Yes. Learning not to sexually take advantage of people. If he's stopped doing it then he's changed. Whether we care to admit it or not. If he hadn't he be banged up by now.
oh fuck off thats bollocks. You only have to educate yourself on conviction rates to know that
quite disturbing how much you defend this behavior

• Heart

Bread

Chatty Member
A general comment here, the "went willingly/what did they expect" thing - nobody expects rape! That's the whole point isn't it? None of those women expected Brand to do what he did. Alice thought he might be her boyfriend and hold her hand. Phoebe thought he was a friend she could trust. We don't expect rape because we aren't rapists. that's why we don't expect it. Our minds don't work that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

Eureka

VIP Member
Please show me where I've defended a rapist.

I'm just sorry that so many people helped him be a rapist.
NO.

Stop right now with this absolute nonsense and have a bit of respect for the posters here who have shared their own trauma.

The only person guilty of rape is the rapist. No one else has any responsibility for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 55

thegirlscout

VIP Member
SHE WAS A CHILD! NOT A WOMAN!!
This is so frustrating. I get that she was 16 but you’re not classed as an adult until you are 18. He had sex with a CHILD. I wish journalists stopped doing this, making girls women. It’s never reported as a ‘16 year old man’ so why do it for girls?!
IMG_2431.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 54

Trafalgar

VIP Member
Yeh most women like I said. Seen it in clubs all over with local celebrities and footballers. Then picture it with someone mingling with a listers. The PA said all women went willingly
Ah so it's OK then, they went willingly so they deserved to be assaulted. They went willingly so they deserved to have his cock shoved down their throats even when they didn't want it.

Fucks sake. You need fucking help.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

House of Tea

VIP Member
It’s laughable that he thinks that he is a threat to mainstream media so they have to take him down. The grandiosity! The gullibility of the General Public is always depressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

Eureka

VIP Member
No. But just pointing out that he might actually be a different person now. As he claims to be and there's no recent claims despite three years of solid research. So it may even be true.

Personally I think the whole thing should be with prosecution lawyers and the police. Why isn't it?
Fuck off with that shit. Defending a rapist. You should be ashamed of yourself.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53