Secret Celebrity Gossip #133

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't buy Brand's new-agey happy hippy bullshit at all. It's all a cover for his despicable treatment of women. The fact he has daughters just makes me sigh with despair.
Especially with the likes of Andrew Tate, a man who openly and proudly advocates physical and sexual violence against women, taking Brand's side

Brand has also said publicly that he doesn't have much to do with raising his daughters and the most time he's ever spent with them alone was overnight, he leaves his wife to do it all. He tried to phrase this in terms of "because she's such a good mother and wouldn't leave her kids" but still, he doesn't come across as an involved and caring father

Reactions: 31
Michael Barrymore, of all people, should sit the duck down.

This isn't about being #cancelled - let's not forget the awful assault the late Michael Lubbock was put through and his assailant/s were never brought to justice. How crass and hurtful it must be for his family, seeing flippant comments like this online.

If you have any humanity in your veins you should sympathise with the victims. I don't buy Brand's new-agey happy hippy bullshit at all. It's all a cover for his despicable treatment of women. The fact he has daughters just makes me sigh with despair.
You probably wrote Michael by
accident but Stuart was his name.
Sorry to nitpick but Stuart Lubbock should have his name remembered as much as that Barrymore prick.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So like a lot of other, this has made me feel a lot of emotions. But can we agree that Katy Perry was either lied to (like a lot of people) or wanted to believe it wasn’t true because she sadly was controlled by him, she has a looooot to lose by sticking by him?
Please educate me if you think I’m wrong!

Reactions: 14
Ive read the article and the desired result I think is as i suspected - that Brand‘s mainstream career is nuked. No mater what excuses are given the amount of unpleasant experiences from women he was involved with is enough imho to see this happen.
However, i hope that some kind of code of conduct and whistleblowing policy is adopted by to, radio, stage etc, so men who behave like

Reactions: 17
I'm not defending it but having researched, there's no recent reports. He talks about changing his ways. Maybe he has. If he hasn't then bring on some criminal charges.
That's dangerous thinking

Let's say someone kills a child but a couple of years have passed, and they've said they've changed their ways. Should we let them off with it?? No.

Doesn't matter what the crime is. Don't commit a crime if you don't want to be jailed/face the consequences.

Reactions: 31
I'm more of a lurker on Tattle (I know most of you are in the UK and I'm on a different time zone, so can't always keep up) but wanted to say thank you to those of you that shared your bad experiences (and those of you that didn't) and you are heard and believed, despite what some apologists on this thread seem to indicate. This has been triggering for a lot of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
So is he

1. Manipulatively and tactfully prepared an exit plan / image overhaul / dedicated following ready for when all this comes out

Or

2. So twisted, self important and deranged, he genuinely believes he has done nothing wrong.

Both options dangerous...

Reactions: 34
So like a lot of other, this has made me feel a lot of emotions. But can we agree that Katy Perry was either lied to (like a lot of people) or wanted to believe it wasn’t true because she sadly was controlled by him, she has a looooot to lose by sticking by him?
Please educate me if you think I’m wrong!
They hardly spent any time together even when married so I wouldn't be surprised if she only found out after the split...even then she might not have found out everything. I hope someone gave her forewarning about it because it's a hell of a thing to be finding out at the same time as everyone else.

I still remember that standing ovation. He shouldn’t be working, the Academy should never have nominated him, he should never have won the award. But that ovation was so, so depressing.
---

I think I’ve seen tweets from journalists that suggest that. Seeing this programme tonight has been in preparation for four years, it’s easy to imagine there’s something in the pipeline.
I mentioned Hardeep Singh Kohli earlier. Information about him apparently came from a Times investigation in 2020/2021 because he kept coming up in comments. Presumably information was then passed to the police and they found enough evidence to charge him. It sounds very much like he was named during this investigation into Brand. I would imagine that a lot of similar stuff came up about other people while they were talking about Brand and the general culture and that information was passed to the police in these peripheral cases. We may hear of more people later once there's enough evidence either for the police or the media, or both.

Reactions: 21
So is he

1. Manipulatively and tactfully prepared an exit plan / image overhaul / dedicated following ready for when all this comes out

Or

2. So twisted, self important and deranged, he genuinely believes he has done nothing wrong.

Both options dangerous...
I think both can be (and probably are) true. In his eyes he's done nothing wrong but knows the media landscape well enough to know what's coming so has cleverly, slow-burned on the anti-MSM narrative and beyond to suit his own means. He's always been anti-establishment in some form so it's been an easy transition.

Reactions: 14
I didn't see the programme earlier but I can assure you that there are WAY more women that Russell has sexually assaulted/raped.

• Sad
Reactions: 56
Sophie clever news lady (is it that the right name?) asking him if he appals himself, that's was a wonderful moment.
Yes, I wouldn't be surprised if she knew about the rape allegations, and that's why she went so hard. Seems a lot of people behind the scenes were hip to who he really was.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I am so sad that I went to one of his gigs & met him afterwards at a M&G. He was most definitely scanning the room to see who would be his most likely victim. Had friends that worked at the venue, he took someone from the crowd to the disabled toilets to seal the deal so to speak. For many years I saw it as a badge of honour that Russell Brand told me that I was a beautiful woman, needless to say I feel awful about it now.

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
What the actual duck?
No woman hopes to be raped though when we agree to sex, if your looking for rough and disgusting there are unfortunately some girls into that and it should be discussed and agreed to in advance with safe words
---
Yes. Learning not to sexually take advantage of people. If he's stopped doing it then he's changed. Whether we care to admit it or not. If he hadn't he be banged up by now.
He may well have changed now but does that mean he shouldn’t be held accountable for the past?

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.