Secret Celebrity Gossip #133

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, they really do.

I wonder if it's because we have been conditioned to laugh along so we're not thought of as prudes? To show what good sorts we are? Also he's so shocking people laugh out of shock. The woman whose skirt he looked up was laughing but I bet she didn't find it funny. Imagine the response she'd have got if she had said what she really thought/felt.
We're conditioned to laugh it off even though we're feeling humiliated.
We're conditioned to make them feel comfortable although we're the one feeling uncomfortable.
We're conditioned to be kind even though they're being cruel.
We're conditioned to carry the guilt when they weren't the innocent ones.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 57
I think the documentary did an excellent job of showing the context of his behaviour and how men get away with it. So many people are oblivious to how abusers operate.

A rapist isn’t always a man lurking down a dark alley. In fact most rapes are committed by a person the victim knows and trusts. Brand, like saville before him, manipulated not just his victims but everyone around him. His jokes about sex and hurting women gave him a smokescreen. His ‘sex addiction’ gave him an excuse for predatory behaviour. His ‘eccentric’ ways gave him a free pass.
It’s clear to me this is a disgusting man who took advantage of women. The things detailed by his victims are truly terrifying and disgusting, all backed up with evidence and STILL people are making excuses for him and asking why the victims haven’t come forward before.

We don’t come forward because no one believes us!

For example: the child he groomed went looking for an apology from him years later, and his lawyers responded that she was looking for money! She never mentioned money.
The narrative is that women are to blame, seeking fame and money from a poor misunderstood man who couldn’t control himself. I am sick of hearing it and sick of people excusing a rapists behaviour by blaming the woman/child. THE ONLY PERSON TO BLAME FOR A RAPE IS THE RAPIST.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
12 step programmes are such vulnerable spaces and you’re encouraged to connect with and trust strangers very quickly.
That topic could easily be made into a documentary on it's own; Creepers in 12 Step.

Come on ladies, who here hasn't been touched without their permission? If you haven't, you are truly a unicorn.

• Sad
Reactions: 41
The silence on Twitter from other celebs is quite deafening.

And I mentioned it before but if you are struggling to understand how the story was put together and why people are coming forward now - highly recommend the film She Said.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
That topic could easily be made into a documentary on it's own; Creepers in 12 Step.

Come on ladies, who here hasn't been touched without their permission? If you haven't, you are truly a unicorn.
I don't know one single woman or girl that hasn't had her arse grabbed, the unnecessary 'waist touch' when a guy walks past, creepy hand kissing instead of a handshake. It makes me feel hot and angry to think about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I don't know one single woman or girl that hasn't had her arse grabbed, the unnecessary 'waist touch' when a guy walks past, creepy hand kissing instead of a handshake. It makes me feel hot and angry to think about it.
I am boiling up this morning, I just feel rage at the whole situation but mostly how women are expected to ‘put up with it’ or just be called liars 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
Jonathan Ross blurted out to Andrew Sachs - he fucked your granddaughter. Needless and immature cruelty - with a hefty dose of misogyny. It was Jonathan who instigated the cruelty and then it escalated. Jonathan Ross is a louse for doing that.

This is from Wiki - After being unable to reach Sachs on his home telephone, Brand and his co-host of the week, fellow Radio 2 DJ Jonathan Ross, left Sachs four voice messages on his answering machine. In the first message, Brand joked about Fawlty Towers and the fact that both he and Sachs had appeared in The Bill, but was interrupted by Ross shouting out "he fucked your granddaughter". The rest of the message and the following three messages were all characterised by Brand and Ross attempting to apologise for Ross' outburst, but each quickly descended into farce; for example, Brand sang to Sachs: "It was consensual and she wasn't menstrual", and Ross asked to marry him.[4] Brand later said that listening to the calls was like hearing "two idiots dancing towards a canyon"; however, no complaints were received.[6]

The same Jonathan, when his daughter was posing in her skimpies, inviting ridicule because of her large body and vacant eyed stare, implored people to be kind when commenting.

I suspect Brand and Ross both have the same misogynistic views of women. But only Brand has acted on them, hopefully. But both would be highly protective of their own daughters.

I can just see them sniggering over Brand’s “conquests”.

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
I agree but I think what I'm hearing here is that young women urgently need to learn healthy boundaries and that men don't just 'tell them what to do' then they 'go along with it' because they 'felt flattered' and then they realise later they feel groomed. There's going to be sh*tty predators in every area of life. Some of these people are just expressing regret not describing crime. I'm sorry they went through that but it's not a crime if they went round his house to actually have the consented act take place.

I do think the people who platformed him and celebrated him for the way he was being are sick as heck too.
men rape their wives. They’ve consented to marrying them and being in a sexual relationship but forced sex is still forced. The women in America who visited his hotel room didn’t consent to the sex he forced on her when she got there. The 16 year old child evidently was groomed, and didn’t consent to having him force himself into her mouth and choke her whilst she cried and fought. She didnt consent to having him spit in her mouth and hold her mouth closed so she had to swallow.
Im in a consensual relationship but if he violently forced himself on me when I said no and fought that would be assault/rape. No wonder women feel they can’t go to police when people still hold archaic views like this.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 45
Jonathan Ross blurted out to Andrew Sachs - he fucked your granddaughter. Needless and immature cruelty - with a hefty dose of misogyny. It was Jonathan who instigated the cruelty and then it escalated. Jonathan Ross is a louse for doing that.

This is from Wiki - After being unable to reach Sachs on his home telephone, Brand and his co-host of the week, fellow Radio 2 DJ Jonathan Ross, left Sachs four voice messages on his answering machine. In the first message, Brand joked about Fawlty Towers and the fact that both he and Sachs had appeared in The Bill, but was interrupted by Ross shouting out "he fucked your granddaughter". The rest of the message and the following three messages were all characterised by Brand and Ross attempting to apologise for Ross' outburst, but each quickly descended into farce; for example, Brand sang to Sachs: "It was consensual and she wasn't menstrual", and Ross asked to marry him.[4] Brand later said that listening to the calls was like hearing "two idiots dancing towards a canyon"; however, no complaints were received.[6]

The same Jonathan, when his daughter was posing in her skimpies, inviting ridicule because of her large body and vacant eyed stare, implored people to be kind when commenting.

I suspect Brand and Ross both have the same misogynistic views of women. But only Brand has acted on them, hopefully. But both would be highly protective of their own daughters.

I can just see them sniggering over Brand’s “conquests”.
I really dislike Jonathan Ross as an interviewer, there’s been so many occasions where makes it weird and the guest is clearly uncomfortable.

Reactions: 24
I would imagine there are many people this morning, like myself, musing on the absolute hideousness of the cult of celebrity. Look at Jimmy Savile, Brand, Tate, many others I’m sure, who have been able to live their lives being applauded for basically being wrong’uns. They have been made wealthy and treated like gods for being disgusting human beings. I bet there are many many more of them. It’s absolutely sickening. Society or whatever you call it, have got it all wrong. We are doomed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
I agree so much about sex addiction. There’s high sex drive that can become uncomfortable, sure, but I simply don’t believe that it’s a valid excuse for grooming and assaulting countless women.

I think it’s more of a way to evade criticism- he behaves like a twit, does some spurious little sex addiction course, and he’s ‘cured’ of his ‘illness!’ A miracle!!

So he scoops up all the praise for being responsible, blah blah blah, and is recast as a victim, which then gets him off the hook to do it again. He doesn’t get ‘treatment’ because he wants to stop, he gets it because he wants to be able to carry on doing it without being called out.

Saying it’s a noun, ‘an addiction’ separates his actions from HIM himself-he who actively chose to manipulate people- it isn’t just something which landed on him like a Warner Brothers anvil, he chose to do it.
Agree. The thing is if an alcoholic gets behind the wheel of a car drunk and kills someone then they’re going to jail. His “addiction” to sex doesn’t exonerate him, he raped those women and I hope to God he doesn’t get away with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
As someone mentioned elsewhere yesterday, Jonathan Ross has two daughters both of whom have serious mental health issues.
Having a father with a disgusting view of women (cf ‘he fucked your granddaughter’) must have affected them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I remember reading a stat a while ago that ¼ of women will be raped at some point in their lives.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I don’t like the “glazed look” in brands eyes comments. A few of his victims have said it and written in the knot book excerpt too. It’s another way to move the blame from him. He’s escaping culpability again as it’s not really him but something higher taking over him.

Please don’t get me wrong - not at all the victims fault. It just societal views that these women must have asked for it. They led him on. They got him so excited - he couldn’t stop himself. To me, the glazed comment feels like another way the victims can rationalise it - a coping mechanism or I hope that’s what it is. I hope those women can take strength from each other knowing they did nothing wrong. Brand is disgusting- utterly abhorrent. There can’t be any come back from this for him.

Reactions: 8
This is not a comment on Brand or his awful actions but just seeing all these toxic clips of old TV and radio shows and the way the culture just encouraged and rewarded all these excessive, addicted celebs and built them up. Lowest-common denominator culture gave us tit content and awful, undeserving celebrities - famous for being offensive and excessive rather than for being good at anything.

It started with X Factor and Big Brother - where the MO was “we can fast track these no names
towards stardom because they are sociopaths and it’s all they want.” It doesn’t matter if they aren’t the most talented or the best in their field because the public were manipulated to want them to succeed above all others. A healthy society wouldn’t have allowed Brand to be famous in the first place. Sickening.
Me and a friend have been discussing it this morning. I was a teen / early 20s in the 00s and we were looking back at the things that were acceptable then. I used to read magazines at 15 that had position of the month in, and how to make myself attractive and flirt with men. Girls were groomed by MSM to be available to men. And it’s still a skewed way of thinking I almost hold now. When I look back, I never suffered a sexual assault thankfully, but I have moments of shame when I realise that I spent a lot of time doing sexual things that yes I “consented to” but didn’t really want to or feel comfortable doing and it makes me cringe/squirm now.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
I would imagine there are many people this morning, like myself, musing on the absolute hideousness of the cult of celebrity. Look at Jimmy Savile, Brand, Tate, many others I’m sure, who have been able to live their lives being applauded for basically being wrong’uns. They have been made wealthy and treated like gods for being disgusting human beings. I bet there are many many more of them. It’s absolutely sickening. Society or whatever you call it, have got it all wrong. We are doomed.
I dread to think how many are still getting away with it. How many will have colleagues and bosses saying, after they’ve gone, that it was an “open secret” that they were predators?
It’s time being a celeb was treated like any other job. They need to learn the meaning of no, just like any other mortal, and they need to stop being treated as though they walk on water just because they make the odd film/TV show, or sing a song or two.
It’s effing ridiculous 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 25
So would it be OK for a murderer to say that he's changed his ways and hasn't killed recently so shouldn't be charged for murders in the past? That's the same argument. The killer of Renee and Andrew MacRae was finally jailed last year after killing them in 1976; he died in prison earlier this year at the age of 81. He hadn't killed anyone for fifty years so should he have argued that he changed his ways? That he should only have been charged if he had carried on murdering?

Old men are being sent to prison for historical sex offences decades old; a crime doesn't stop being a crime because time passes and the perpetrator changes their ways - they are still liable for punishment. Some prisons are verging on care homes for elderly perverts who have finally had the law catch up on them and justice served
👆🏼yes that!

Also an individual who has genuinely changed and reformed will acknowledge past abhorrent behaviour, take responsibility for their actions and the devastating impact it had on their victims, openly apologise and accept the consequences.

Brand’s initial reaction is self-preservation and denial.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.