Secret Celebrity Gossip #133

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
2006 - Peaches was 17 Brand 31

Legally a child until 18, I wasn't aware of that. When did that happen?

I’m not a fan of George Michael (sorry!!) but I know he’s become a mascot in this thread so I thought I’d break up the intensity of this evening with a cute photo of George and a cat!
View attachment 2454254

(also can we have other mascots instead of George once in awhile thank you please don’t hate me)
Is he scaring that cat with a fluffy dog? 😆 Some Keanu is always a welcome palate cleanser too 🥰

Reactions: 7
Sounds to me as if Brand also had something of a modus operandi (how appalling is it that The Sun called him "Shagger Of The Year" over numerous years?). Yay for creepy predators! Said no-one ever.

If you've seen the Bill Cosby documentary you'll know that he also gave hints on screen about his views on women and the boundaries he was happy to play with (Cosby was notably interviewed making a joke about drugging women on a chat show some years ago).

I've always found Brand try-hard, fake, idiotic, sleazy - why some women laugh along at his jokes demeaning other women I will never, ever know. It's baffled me for years. It doesn't matter if you find him physically attractive or not - just LISTEN to how he speaks about female kind. Are his audience really that lacking in self-esteem or clueless about what's appropriate? He is a tedious, preening bore - his eyes actually remind me of Charles Manson's.

(And no - I'm not saying that the women who have been assaulted and raped should take one iota of blame. Not at all).

Didn't believe he was capable of rape but I can sense he is manipulative, calculating and devious (remember the dick move when he posted the picture of Katy Perry without makeup? I bet that was to shame her and dull her sex siren image a little).

In the bin where you belong, it's been a long time coming, Russell Brand.

Reactions: 46
Right I’m back. And probably should have waited for next thread as it’s so close but here is my comment from the last thread. Disappointingly only 3 people have unfollowed. I can’t work out to quote my post from before so it’s down at the bottom of this one
And I’ve decided now to post the blue ticks on my follow list that haven’t unfollowed yet

IMG_8080.jpeg
IMG_8079.jpeg
IMG_8078.jpeg
IMG_8077.jpeg
IMG_8077.jpeg
IMG_8076.jpeg
IMG_8075.jpeg
IMG_8081.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Right I’m back. And probably should have waited for next thread as it’s so close but here is my comment from the last thread. Disappointingly only 3 people have unfollowed

And I’ve decided now to post the blue ticks on my follow list that haven’t unfollowed yet

View attachment 2454270View attachment 2454271View attachment 2454272View attachment 2454273View attachment 2454273View attachment 2454274View attachment 2454275
I'd be shocked if Alice & Stacey continued though obv i'd hope they all would unfollow

Reactions: 4
Sounds to me as if Brand also had something of a modus operandi (how appalling is it that The Sun called him "Shagger Of The Year" over numerous years?). Yay for creepy predators! Said no-one ever.

If you've seen the Bill Cosby documentary you'll know that he also gave hints on screen about his views on women and the boundaries he was happy to play with (Cosby was notably interviewed making a joke about drugging women on a chat show some years ago).

I've always found Brand try-hard, fake, idiotic, sleazy - why some women laugh along at his jokes demeaning other women I will never, ever know. It's baffled me for years. It doesn't matter if you find him physically attractive or not - just LISTEN to how he speaks about female kind. Are his audience really that lacking in self-esteem or clueless about what's appropriate? He is a tedious, preening bore - his eyes actually remind me of Charles Manson's.
Yes, they really do.

I wonder if it's because we have been conditioned to laugh along so we're not thought of as prudes? To show what good sorts we are? Also he's so shocking people laugh out of shock. The woman whose skirt he looked up was laughing but I bet she didn't find it funny. Imagine the response she'd have got if she had said what she really thought/felt.

Reactions: 23
Yes, they really do.

I wonder if it's because we have been conditioned to laugh along so we're not thought of as prudes? To show what good sorts we are? Also he's so shocking people laugh out of shock. The woman whose skirt he looked up was laughing but I bet she didn't find it funny. Imagine the response she'd have got if she had said what she really thought/felt.
Spot on. There’s this whole attitude in recent years of wanting to be seen as good-humoured and open-minded, so as not to attract the “I bet you’re fun at parties” type of sarcastic comments.

Reactions: 19
?

Too short

??? Who?
It's a blog post about a woman coming to terms with not reporting her rape.
I got Michael Barrymore confused with Drew Barrymore. Drew was in the news earlier today about crossing a picket line so I thought she’d made some comments on the RB situation.
---
Right I’m back. And probably should have waited for next thread as it’s so close but here is my comment from the last thread. Disappointingly only 3 people have unfollowed. I can’t work out to quote my post from before so it’s down at the bottom of this one

View attachment 2454270View attachment 2454271View attachment 2454272View attachment 2454273View attachment 2454273View attachment 2454274View attachment 2454275View attachment 2454277
Also look if any of them liked that video he posted
---
These are the ones I follow who have very public profiles who are also following Brand. I do wonder if any will unfollow him tomorrow…
IMG_2454.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Michael Barrymore, of all people, should sit the duck down.

This isn't about being #cancelled - let's not forget the awful assault the late Michael Lubbock was put through and his assailant/s were never brought to justice. How crass and hurtful it must be for his family, seeing flippant comments like this online.

If you have any humanity in your veins you should sympathise with the victims. I don't buy Brand's new-agey happy hippy bullshit at all. It's all a cover for his despicable treatment of women. The fact he has daughters just makes me sigh with despair.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Well Barrymore tried to revive his career a few times over the last few years but I suspect he's made a monumental error now. I think a lot of people will unfollow tomorrow. Brand always gave me the ick and I never understood why Katy Perry fell for him.

Sending virtual hugs to posters who may need it tonight. Without saying much, I know, and I understand, and even today I went into a restaurant and I cannot sit at a table where a male is sat behind me without visibly shaking. It's just tit tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Good grief. Who's the female news reader he made feel uncomfortable on radio 2??

Reactions: 4
But no conviction.

I’m not defending him. Lol. Just find some stories a bit hard to understand. No is no, but why go back to him.
Lol. It’s such lols. Maybe the women/girls didn’t feel they had the strength before they were approached by people who had evidence from others. Lol.

Reactions: 19
The story has made all the Sunday paper front pages.

I don't remember Michael Barrymore "taking on the establishment" so why is he aligning himself with the Russell Brand story implying some sort of set up?

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.