Secret Celebrity Gossip #125

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you go into Barbie from a ‘pick me’ standpoint and aren’t prepared to challenge yourself then you will struggle. The theory that it’s man hating and brainwashes women into staying single or whatever is laughable- as evidenced by that (no spoilers) very last line that Margot Robbie speaks in the whole thing
There are no lack of films that promote the other values you seem so attached to , in fact they are by far in the majority and aren’t going anywhere any time soon so it seems very pearl-clutching and like you have a victim complex to be so offended by something like this. There are literally also dozens of traditional Barbie films out there.
"Pick me" 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 6
My father in law did this, and I have to say that not having a funeral for him really ended bleeping Mr Sam Fox up. It’s a really important part of the grieving process and not having it made it difficult to move on. Two years later, once the body was released, we had a small service and it made a huge difference. Agree with @Sir Lancelot that it’s for the people left behind rather than the dead. (Donating to medical science is amazing though)
I also work in the death industry, and (to keep things slightly on topic here), since David Bowie died it was widely reported that he had a direct cremation. They started to gain popularity after that, and obviously more so during/after covid.
I do worry though, what the long term effects of this will be and I personally believe that we’ll see some kind of grief crisis in the coming years. I feel like the U.K. has shifted very quickly from the traditional old school funeral to nothing at all, with little to no transition. I hope I’m wrong though.

Also echoing what another poster in the industry has said, I’ve been doing this all my life and I think I’ve only actually seen two people be accepted for donation to medical science. It’s not guaranteed and you always need a back up option.

I’ve gone on too long about non celebrity stuff so I will also tell you that I love Harry Styles he’s so pretty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Re. Funeral songs

You're not there. You should let those left behind choose the songs that remind them of you. They might not want something funny. Let them grieve. It's nothing to do with you.
I actually have a playlist of possible songs for my funeral. I don't see myself making very old age. Dunno why. Statistically the odds are against me by a few years anyway, being autistic, but I had this feeling before I even knew I was. Could be totally wrong though. I like "Totus Tuas" by Dana. Suitably religious for anyone that way inclined at my funeral, but a nice singalong melody. Non-religious for afterwards include the old reliable "Spirit in the Sky" (with the lyrics changed of course to "I'm Going on the Piss With Georgie Best" for the United fans). I also fancy "The Last Farewell" by Roger Whittaker - they might even allow that in the church. I'm not having those left behind choosing my songs. They might choose some I hate and then I'd come back and haunt them!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Yes, it’s all about her. She is, according to her, very intelligent, has a superpower that others don’t have, can see punchlines before they are said etc. It’s a big up yourself type of neurodiversity. It’s the support dog, the Tourette’s. And she has claustrophobia and agrophobia. Wonder how she manages to go on all these tv programmes.
She's also bleeping handsy with her partners but isn't so keen to be labelled as that! (her and Brook are man-beaters and deserve it bringing up!)
---
There’s been so much drama around the family, especially around people (well, the non-relatives) leaving Mrs Brown on bad terms.

I’d love to know the true dynamics behind the scenes.
His daughter is literally one of the worst actresses on tv yet he gave her a part with the acting skills of a cupbord (her singing that they showcase is also crap) and pays them a fortune. No wonder the actual acting non-relatives fell out with him!

Reactions: 7
Yes, it’s all about her. She is, according to her, very intelligent, has a superpower that others don’t have, can see punchlines before they are said etc. It’s a big up yourself type of neurodiversity. It’s the support dog, the Tourette’s. And she has claustrophobia and agrophobia. Wonder how she manages to go on all these tv programmes.
I was diagnosed as autistic earlier this year and also have some of the physical conditions that often go hand in hand with it. She isn't doing herself any favours with all these extra announced self diagnosed conditions. Also she said she suffers from echolalia, as if that's a separate condition. It isn't. It's a known part of autism (for many people, I'm not saying everyone experiences it) - anyone who knows a bit about autism knows that. She is rather snotty and haughty in her Instagram posts sometimes.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.