Secret Celebrity Gossip #125

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Back to sleb gossip.

Retail stories from a decade or more ago:

Robert Lindsay was possibly the most roguely attractive man I've ever seen in my life; his eyes twinkled when he spoke to you.

Bob Mortimer is a bleeping legend; he made you feel as if you were the most important person he'd seen that day.
These made me smile

• Heart
Reactions: 14
These celebs and influencers who cycle through various diagnoses for publicity and free tit are particularly annoying. Disrespectful to people who actually live with these conditions, or at least do so without all the resources they have.
I have no doubt she is neurodivergent- her son is. But in her latest Instagram she said she diagnosed herself. She calls herself enlightened. In this Instagram she sounds like she is part of a cult- only she knows stuff, the rest need to educate ourselves. Its a bit tin hat. Starts off softly spoken and then its a full on rant. She has had trolls (her phrase) telling her she is dangerous. It was only when she said she self diagnosed and ignored the medical professionals and trust your own instincts, that I realised what the troll meant by dangerous. Someone else said she had lost her beauty and she said she was beautiful, she was a beautiful person, kind and loving and a whole bunch of other I Ams.

I wrote the post up thread earlier before seeing the latest Instagram. I feel sorry for her. She seems lost and lonely, and has grasped this cause and has not really thought things through. She says she doesn’t have many friends, she seems high maintenance, She is tight with Russell Brand, that born again saint, and she spouts the same type of shite he does. She is trying to be Mrs Positive and loving everyone, but her posts are negative and ranty. It’s odd. Oh, and add OCD to the list of her issues. Latest reveal.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
my mum was very anti funeral. She said if people couldn’t be arsed with her in life she didn’t want them putting on an act in death.

when she died she’d left a folder containing very specific instructions with everything paid for. One car for myself, husband and two children. (I’m an only child anyway). No announcements in the paper etc. Just straight to the crematorium where we’d follow the coffin in, say our goodbyes and leave. She was adamant there were to be no guests at all and her words in this folder were ‘or I'lll haunt you’. 😂

I honoured her wishes. We still managed to grieve perfectly welll without hymns or Bible readings. Mum may never have known but myself and my family would have and I would have been a lot less able to get through that If I’d ignored something she planned so meticulously just so others could turn up. Interestingly anyone who knew her well wasn’t surprised by her choices and were fully behind what she wanted.
Did the same with my mum with a slight difference.
I was shocked at the people who wouldn't go "if so and so was going", when I tried to arrange meet ups to remember her. Had to divide it up into 3, then COVID hit after doing one so I didn't bother after that. Really pissed me off people's behaviour.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I religiously listen to this podcast, its brilliant! I can't understand where having her as a guest has come from. Ive totally ignored this episode and am listening to the perry fenwick episode!
I listened. Do not listen because your view of Kathy Burke will go down.
She constantly calls KP 'Baby' and is very much a big fan of hers.
For her part, Skanky shouts for the entire episode and talks about how much she loves 'Cole' since she can't pronounce 'Carl'.

Or has forgotten his name.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I doubt she's enjoy it though. Its not a film for kids. Its more of a "all men are evil" film.
One of my colleagues took her daughter and friend, which are under 10. She said there was a lot they'd not understand. It's being promoted like bubblegum pop, but actually isn't...as the above poster says it's showing women are better off single and men are pigs.

Reactions: 7
Relight My Fire for me and maybe Return to Sender (even though I hate Elvis!)
---

Someone I worked with had her dads body donated to science. He was in his 80’s and died of cancer but they didn’t take him to do research into cancer. I think cadavers are mainly used for medical students to practice on but could be wrong! She got his body back after 2 years and was able to have a funeral.
Schools may differ I suppose. This was Dundee’s medical school and they said you wouldn’t be accepted if you’d had cancer, Parkinson’s, heart disease etc etc. They are used for medical students but the professor said that because of that, they needed to be in perfect health.

apart from, you know, dead 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 12
MrNorth?!Did you know that Oisin O’Malley has is own YouTube watch/lifestyle channel and one called the ibashers with a friend:
Mr North aka the other half.
---
Now my MIL, who is notoriously anti spending money on anything like that, says she couldn't care less and to either 'chuck her over into the cemetery because someone deals with you dont they? You don't see bodies propped up everywhere' or 'if we must, cremate her and bury the pot in her back garden'.
The latter is a reasonable compromise but for the fact the house would be sold after her death and she knows it, she just wont pay for a plot. My SIL can have her 😂
My aunts father didn’t like spending money at all. He kept empty cardboard boxes the lot. He passed away last year no service straight to the crematorium. He had none of his siblings children/ family over here as they all live in Europe. There was only his children and grand children. Anyway His eldest son who is a complete twit took his ashes home and put him in his cabinet in his house for weeks before he took him back home to Europe.. well he’s was constantly tapping away on the glass haunting his son. He’s now in the family plot in Hungary.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Back to celeb gossip - Brendan O'Carroll never comes across as a nice person to me.
There’s been so much drama around the family, especially around people (well, the non-relatives) leaving Mrs Brown on bad terms.

I’d love to know the true dynamics behind the scenes.

Reactions: 14
I used to know someone who worked on a kids tv programme back in the day when Claire from steps presented it (could have been smtv but I might be wrong). Apparently she was an absolute witch and everyone couldn’t stand her!!
Do you happen to remember the T4 show called 'Faking It'?

They had someone work behind the scenes of SM:TV Live and Tess Daly was a nightmare!

Reactions: 10
If you go into Barbie from a ‘pick me’ standpoint and aren’t prepared to challenge yourself then you will struggle. The theory that it’s man hating and brainwashes women into staying single or whatever is laughable- as evidenced by that (no spoilers) very last line that Margot Robbie speaks in the whole thing
There are no lack of films that promote the other values you seem so attached to , in fact they are by far in the majority and aren’t going anywhere any time soon so it seems very pearl-clutching and like you have a victim complex to be so offended by something like this. There are literally also dozens of traditional Barbie films out there.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Mr North aka the other half.
---

My aunts father didn’t like spending money at all. He kept empty cardboard boxes the lot. He passed away last year no service straight to the crematorium. He had none of his siblings children/ family over here as they all live in Europe. There was only his children and grand children. Anyway His eldest son who is a complete twit took his ashes home and put him in his cabinet in his house for weeks before he took him back home to Europe.. well he’s was constantly tapping away on the glass haunting his son. He’s now in the family plot in Hungary.
Sorry, I should have noticed your username- in my defence I was half-asleep when reading😅

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I listened. Do not listen because your view of Kathy Burke will go down.
She constantly calls KP 'Baby' and is very much a big fan of hers.
For her part, Skanky shouts for the entire episode and talks about how much she loves 'Cole' since she can't pronounce 'Carl'.

Or has forgotten his name.
Oh no I love Kathy Burke 😱

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Re. Funeral songs

You're not there. You should let those left behind choose the songs that remind them of you. They might not want something funny. Let them grieve. It's nothing to do with you.
I/ my mum chose walking in the air from the snowman as it was her favourite film/ song.

Reactions: 4
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.