Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Not aimed at anyone specific here, but a lot of the time people who say they don't like pronouns just mean they don't like trans people, but don't quite dare say that.

I think I'm in a minority on this forum in being okay with trans people.
I don’t have any problem with trans people, it’s just the pronouns thing is too confusing if you use the wrong one all hell breaks loose! People who use them are very easily offended! Not all
But there are some who are.
---
Anyway...back on topic and let's end that discussion here. There's threads elsewhere for other topics.
Sorry I know I just commented but I’ve been catching up on the last few pages. Back to celeb gossip who’s got some tea anyone?

Reactions: 3

Gingerprincess

Chatty Member
that be the one.
My husband was more in the lad crowd than me at the time (I spent most of my Saturday afternoons in the stage door at that point), but he and his mates regularly came across him living it large in the Center so to speak.
I used to see him in Valentino’s in fact I kissed him once. He used to go out to be seen. We had a mutual friend at the time.

• Heart

SaLou

VIP Member
is that usual, not to know even after a year? I thought if it was unexpected that they did a post mortem- thought could be wrong. I suppose it says a lot about how much we expect to be told now about people - how she died isn’t really any of our business, but we’re so used to knowing EVERYTHING about celebrities that when someone chooses not to say something, it stands out.
Regardless, it’s desperately sad for him, particularly on what would have been their wedding anniversary, and for their little boy.
I think they know though, they just haven't publicly released it. Some people keep it private. She wasn't a big celebrity.
I know, it feels nosy to even wonder but as you said we are used to hearing how people died.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
They've got another house in the Chilterns, they've decided to base themselves there instead of London. Ben's mother was an actress, Julia Foster, and she has an antiques business, I suspect her influence is quite strong in the furnishing choices.
It’s all a bit much, but the fireplaces in particular

SwishSwing

VIP Member
paul mescal does a great scottish accent in aftersun (if you’ve seen it!) - it definitely is a tricky one to get right.

i remember reading that jonny lee miller stayed in his accent for the whole time when filming trainspotting and the entire cast and crew were absolutely amazed when he switched to his real accent when it was over 🤣 i absolutely thought he was scottish after watching it.

as a welsh person, i can give no real welsh examples as there are so few films set in wales with non-welsh actors. again, it’s a weird accent to get right. richard coyle did a great one on coupling back in the day though, was surprised to find he wasn’t welsh 🤣
Billy Harris does a good one playing Colin in Ted Lasso! I was surprised he was from Essex and not Wales until I googled him! But I'm not Welsh so maybe a trained ear could hear it better.

• Wow

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
This new QOTSA album is going to be great. What a difficult time - Brody and her new partner really went in on smearing his name.
It’s been leaked online it’s bloody brilliant. Brody is a bitch I still can’t get over what her partner did he sounds like a wrong one. I hope Josh gets full custody of the kids later this year.

Nicnak1

Her mother was paying her credit card bills off aswell
---

Jason was the only one I liked. I saw somewhere he left as he wanted a normal life.

Edited…

I found this…

he simply no longer wished to be in the band anymore or dedicate his time to touring the world and writing new material. The remaining members of the band revealed at the time that they had been aware of his feelings for a few years and that they "fully respected" his decision to leave
In the documentary they made when Robbie came back called 'look back don't stare' I think. To me he seemed unhappy with Robbie being back. Seemed a few tense moments. Just my observation though.

SaLou

VIP Member
There’s an article in the DM about Tom Mann, whose fiancé died on their wedding day a year ago today. Whilst it’s a very tenuous link to ‘celebrity’, I can’t help but wonder what happened. I’m sure I read something about a car crash, but the fact that they’ve never confirmed it just seems strange - if she was involved in an accident with another car, wouldnt someone would have been prosecuted?
It wasn't a car crash, that was a rumour.
But that article makes it sound like nobody knows why she died. I reckon it was probably a heart problem.

Last edited:

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Talking of wigs ,does anyone think the actress who plays Honey in Eastenders wears one?
As a wig wearer of over 30 years, but going only by photos I could find, I agree it could pass for one. However, her own hair outwith the character looks similar but non-wig like. It could be she has patches of hair loss so uses a wig for the character.