Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Is anyone buying the bullshit that she didn’t know? I’ve seen the video and she’s as fake as fuck, talking about viewers needing to “heal” blah blah blah. Does she think she’s Mother Teresa? I’m sure This Morning doesn’t figure so highly in most people’s lives that they need to “come to terms” with noncefield getting sacked!

I shouted fuck off at the TV the minute she said 'are you ok?' down the camera. :sick::sick:

• Haha
Reactions: 55

Glaschelle

VIP Member
I looked it up -
Neopronouns are a category of new (neo) pronouns that are increasingly used in place of “she,” “he,” or “they” when referring to a person. Some examples include: xe/xem/xyr, ze/hir/hirs, and ey/em/eir. Neopronouns can be used by anyone, though most often they are used by transgender, non-binary, and/or gender nonconforming people.😳
🤣🤣🤣 I'm sorry but this is mental!!!

It just screams attention seeker.

What these people (if it's still okay to call them people, maybe that word has also been replaced) need is a job and something to take their mind off themselves and their "pronouns"

It's crazy. How did we end up here.

• Heart
Reactions: 53

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
How was This Morning with Holly? Missed it but my Mum said it was a bit awkward?
Is anyone buying the bullshit that she didn’t know? I’ve seen the video and she’s as fake as fuck, talking about viewers needing to “heal” blah blah blah. Does she think she’s Mother Teresa? I’m sure This Morning doesn’t figure so highly in most people’s lives that they need to “come to terms” with noncefield getting sacked!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

House of Tea

VIP Member
If someone tells me their pronouns I will use them, but mostly will tend to avoid using anything other than their name or you.

I have been to several online meetings when someone has introduced themselves as a they and them. Nobody else felt the need to announce their pronouns. In one meeting the “they” person reminded the meeting of their pronouns again mid-meeting. Nobody knew why. Or when they had been misgendered or by whom. The meeting took on an odd atmosphere- what we were there to discuss what thrown off course by wondering if you were the one who had misgendered them, and how much trouble you were in. Nothing came of, none the wiser why they inserted in a reminder mid meeting. It just interrupted the flow of the meeting and the attention was on all on them.

We live in an age of vanity where we all think we are special. It’s not enough to think you are special yourself - people want external validation that they are, they want to compel people how to think about them. Pronouns falls into that attention seeking behaviour. It’s inward focusing, all about them. I will use their pronouns to be polite, but would avoid communicating with them where possible, so in that sense they are a barrier to communication. It’s a complex area, and who needs the hassle of getting involved in it. Easier to opt out and avoid as much as possible.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
  • Heart
Reactions: 51

Ennui

VIP Member
My favourite Tina fact is that her career revival started in Sheffield when she worked with Heaven 17. UK musicians really took her to their hearts.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
According to reddit, who scold people about this constantly, you're supposed to use both 'she/her' and 'they' interchangeably but you must always make sure to use both. If you only use one, even if you're only referring to them on one occasion, you're a transphobe who doesn't respect people's identities. Despite the fact it's completely contrary to natural speech.

I have seen people unironically say this on reddit celeb subs. They were all for Halsey when she scolded that journalist.

I honestly don't have a problem with people who want to go by 'they'. It's a fairly straightforward concept, but having two different pronouns and insisting people mix them in a specific ratio to your liking seems like controlling what people say just a bit too much.
Personally, I hate pronouns. My opinion. You can disagree. But I hate them.

• Heart
Reactions: 50

shellie

VIP Member
Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are two who are terrible pet owners. He tried to give away their senior cat on twitter and got defensive when called out about it: "So what I used twitter to give away our pet? I have some people who follow me and I thought maybe somebody would be thrilled to have my old cat…Bottom line, and not that this is any of your f**king business weirdos, but my wife and I want to start a family and we ABSOLUTELY CANNOT have an animal that shits all over the house. Sorry. If you are a parent you will understand. And if not, that probably explains why you have such a hard on for cats. Just sayin'." They also abandoned their dog which was found emaciated on the streets.
IIRC, it was a retired showbiz cat and they got lots of praise for adopting it, then as soon as the going got tough, he wanted rid and gave the cat to a total stranger. What got me was him using the kid's excuse even though she wasn't even pregnant at the time. As for the dog, they were supposed to inform the shelter if they gave the animal away...which they didn't then tried to pass the buck when it was made public. It boils my piss because if this was anyone else, they would be called out but his fans actually defended him getting rid of the animals as if he had done something heroic.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 49

MemoryLane

Chatty Member
Now it’s ADHD and autism. Money to be made.

Melanie Sykes is doing my nut in. Since she has been diagnosed with autism she thinks she is a Special One. Great if she has found answers in her diagnosis but she is arrogantly banging on about it, written a book about it, monetising it. Like she is the only one. She now has a corgi puppy. She is calling it her support dog.🙄
I have two kids with it. Just once I’d like a non-rich, non-celeb, who works and copes with no childcare or respite to be interviewed or asked on a show. I’m a punchbag for two kids who are massively let down by the education system. I’m not poor, I’m also not rich. We get by. I cope by dripping sarcasm on everything, too much cake, watching darkly humorous shows and bitching on here! This craze of influencers bragging they have it fries my brain. I could poke their eyes out. It’s so disrespectful to people struggling and carers who are basically left to themselves to deal with the extreme consequences of autism!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Whatever his hair looks like, I just can’t take Tom Cruise seriously.
I know what you mean. And he is ludicrous. But…but…his body looks, y’know, pretty great. All strong legs and big shoulders.
But it’s Tom Cruise so that definitely negates the strong shoulders and legs and just the right amount of muscle on his arms…

Look. I said I’d shag Rupert Murdoch for about 1% of the amount everyone else said they’d demand. I think it’s too late to pretend to have any dignity.

• Haha
Reactions: 46

Rita Chevrolet

VIP Member
God that's bloody horrific! How I wish the lion could rip his head off...
Yes sad inadequetes pay a huge fee to be able to say "I killed a lion! Me big king of the jungle!!"

The lions are bred for the purpose, to be stuffed into a wire box so Macho Men can poke a rifle through and kill them - and this asshole Pratt happily takes the money for it.

• Angry
  • Wow
It’s a clickbait headline tbh, and makes more sense with the context of the interview.

View attachment 2221606
I adore Michael Sheen with every fibre of my being. He’s the true king of wales and we fucking adore him where I am. But someone needs to tell him that there are only like 7 famous welsh actors, and we’re sick of the sight of them now. But we also loathe dodgy welsh accents done by non welsh people.
Someone needs to set up a ‘how to talk proper tidy welsh’ drama school…

• Haha
  • Heart

SmillieKylie

VIP Member
Oooh Dolly, I have some really tepid ☕ about both Simon and Yasmin. My grandfather installed all the plumbing in a house they were buying back in the 80s/90s, can’t remember the exact date 😁 Grandpa said they were both really lovely and made him and his mate loads of proper tea and snacks. Pops was also enamoured by Yasmin’s beauty 😁 and said Simon was very jokey and down to earth, loved them he did.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

petitspois

VIP Member
Just saw that the comedian Paul Whitehouse's ex wife is giving evidence at the Mirror/Prince Harry phone hacking case and she says she was door stepped by journalists asking about her cancer when she thought the matter was private and no one knew publicly. During her testimony she said it was a particularly difficult time as she had two small children and her husband had had an affair. I always liked Paul, I'm quite disappointed to read that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 45