Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eureka

VIP Member
Just seen photos of all the doggos and their humans lined up for Paul o'Grady's funeral. Got a bit emotional.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51

Serene Serena

VIP Member
I watched the Lewis Capaldi documentary and I think his parents are lovely. I heard him interviewed on radio 2 on Friday and he comes across as a really funny, self deprecating person. He was asked if he gets sick of hearing Someone to Love and he said, no, that’s my pension.

I wonder if, in time, he’ll be forced to have a makeover though? I hope not.

scarlettgal99

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart

shellie

VIP Member
I'm not going out today for that reason. The sight of it would finish me off.
I was fine until I saw the flower arrangement of Buster and that set me off. I finally calmed down then I saw a pic of a dog wearing a 'Thank you for everything you did for us Paul' sign and went off again.
---
Just saw the Buster wreath at Paul O’Grady’s funeral and I’m not ashamed to admit it brought a tear to my eye.

I bet the pair of them are overjoyed to see each other again.
Paul’s death has upset me more than any Celeb death has done for a very long. He was one of the very few famous people I actually liked and by all accounts was genuinely a nice man. His tea time chat show was must see comfort TV, I loved how sometimes he’d forget he was presenting a live television programme and start having a conversation with the audience then get stroppy when ‘Bert’ the producer would tell him to hurry up. I read one comment on his husbands Instagram from a member of staff at Battersea who said Paul would turn up without an entourage and sit in the staff room and drink cups of tea and chat with everyone else. No airs or graces, not many in celeb world like that. So very unfair he’s been taken at what’s nothing these days, though I think he knew he wouldn’t live to old bones. His husband looks broken bless him 😢
I can honestly say I have never seen one bad word against him. The nearest was people questioning his friendship with Cilla Black but I doubt he ever saw that side of her as she saw him as an equal and not beneath her. Back in the late 90s, he did a few travel shows, and unlike the majority of them where you have people on their best behavior, he acted the way he would do even if a camera wasn't there. I remember one episode where he refused to let the hotel do his laundry and did it in his jacuzzi instead with some soap powder as people around him watched. There was also an episode where he traveled around New Orleans where he was propositioned by a guy and told to F off because he said no thanks, got so drunk that he jumped on stage at a club and started singing to a crowd who had no clue who he was then got into an argument with Murphy because he wanted to continue the pub crawl which ended up with Murphy and others grabbing him by the arms and legs to stop him running back into the club. I couldn't see any of the usual crowd who do this kind of show be that honest nor could I see them going into a voodoo shop and coming out with two boxes of stuff that he was gonna use to get back at people who pissed him off as Paul did.

He tended to talk a lot about death, more so after his multiple heart and angina attacks. As you say, I think he knew he wasn't gonna get his 100th birthday wishes from the King. On one of his shows, he talked about not wanting to go alone as a TV character had just done at the time. There is absolutely no good way of dying but I am glad it happened in his bed lying next to the person he loved.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49

Serene Serena

VIP Member
A Michael Barrymore video came up randomly during my scrolling and I was surprised to see how many people were loving it and giving him praise. Some been saying he needs to come back to TV!
No he doesn’t. His work consisted of taking the piss out of people and he was involved in the suspicious death of Stuart Lubbock.

House of Tea

VIP Member
I am going to watch For the Love of Dogs tonight. Last week he was saying goodbye to a dog and it was like he was saying goodbye to us all. Paul is a big loss. He was old type celebrity, a real star. Our loss is Heaven’s gain.

• Heart
  • Sad

Gym&Tonic

VIP Member
Did anyone see Alan Carr stopping to pet the Battersea dogs and talk to their handlers outside the church? Another lovely man IMO.

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
Micheal Barrymore always looked dead behind the eyes to me.

Hated the way he treated his ex wife Cheryl, and felt so sad when she got cancer and died before she had a chance to makeover her life. She was his manager, she made him, and her dad became the father figure in his life. When he died that is when he decided to come out as gay and then rubbed her nose in it. I seem to recall he started slagging her off on stage in gay bars, to much cheer. Collateral damage, it’s one thing deciding you are no longer going to live a lie, but the way he treated his wife in the process reeks of misogyny. He thought he was no 1 showbiz guy (Reminds me of Schofield) and would always be top of the pile. We all know what happened - flew to close to the sun and plummeted, with the murder in the pool sealing the deal of his demise. I watched an interview with his wife. She was scathing about the role Princess Diana played. She used to show up at their London house and make it clear that Cheryl should disappear - in her own home. She thinks Diana was encouraging him to come out and treated Cheryl with disdain.

• Wow
  • Sad

Eureka

VIP Member
Double barrelled names come in two categories -

The older category where the middle to upper classes joined the two family names
A newer category where by children have unmarried parents so they get given both parents names. This has been increasing in popularity as there has been an increase in unmarried parents, single parent families. Or women want to add their maiden name.
Or a third where married women don’t take their husbands name. I’m in that category. My kids were double barrelled but have always had the option to drop one if they want which they have. I love my husband but having carried and birthed those children I think my name should feature somewhere.

• Heart
Reactions: 47

coolcat2022

VIP Member
Didn't really pay much attention to Pete Doherty and The Libertines but reading those articles linked here I am quite shocked. How have these claims never been investigated?
I loathe PD. Always have. Seen the state of him now? A fat sweaty spotty junkie.

oh before I forget, he is banned from BAfor life for shooting up in the aircraft toilets on his way to Switzerland for a gig. Came out the toilet with blood pouring out his arm and children were frightened of him. He then flew back on easyJet and did the same. He’s an absolute waste of space. And probably a murderer.

• Wow
  • Sick

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
I thought the DM had reached a new low with the photos of Jack Nicholson. But the ones of poor Ozzy Osborne today are just sickening tbh.

• Sad

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I have a problem with nudity and sex scenes in general, I just need to know the characters had sex for the plot.
99% of the time simulated sex scenes are pointless, just a cheap wank for the director and totally fucking cringe.

• Heart

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Genuinely shocked that Tina from S Club 7 is nearly 50, she looks so young
A lot of 50yo women look younger than their age these days, due to healthy diet, nice clothes, decent skincare, good hairstyle etc - apart from ones in the adverts for over-50 funeral plans. They look like my Nan.

• Haha
Reactions: 46