Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
I think the other thing to consider is when a person is terminally ill for a length of time you do a lot of your mourning whilst they are still alive and you're watching them slip away.
I certainly grieved the most for my Dad over the last horrible months and when he did pass it was a great relief, as much for everyone that had been through it as for him.
Helen was terminally ill for a while, I imagine many conversations were had over that period and Damien came to terms with her death through it as much as after it.

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Lonette

I'm getting so fucking sick of celebs pulling the mental health card whenever they are caught out for bad behaviour. The last is rapper Desiigner, who exposed himself on a plane and right away asked everyone to pray for him 'cause he has mental health issues.

As someone who knows all to well what mental health issues can be like, I feel it is making such a mockery of it all when these assholes do this. Even nowadays there is a lot of prejudice and people not getting taken seriously and people like Desiigner can shoulder a lot of blame for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 60

Tharsheblows

VIP Member
Wasn't he in Lovejoy?
Also regarding the Lovejoy actor whatever his name is 😄 I always wondered what gossip there was on him.
At the height of his Lovejoy fame. He had a very'don't you know who I am' attitude.
Lovejoy was being filmed locally to where I was working in a small coffee shop. He arrived and asked that the place be cleared of customers and that it only be available for his sole use, whilst he enjoyed an afternoon tea, in peace and away from the gaze of his adoring public, who, he said constantly wanted to talk to him and have his autograph.. It was peak summer time, we were quite busy, so my boss told him that no-one was that famous and if he wanted afternoon tea, he would have to rub shoulders with us normal folk, she wouldn't close it just for him. He seemed quite put out that she wouldn't bow down to his wishes and left the shop in a huff.
And that my tattle buddies is my very weak (afternoon) tea on Mr Ian McShane (aka Lovejoy) from the early 90s 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60

House of Tea

VIP Member
God loves a tryer…from Popbitch

A few years ago, Nick Knowles was pitching TV execs his big idea for a documentary that he wanted to front: 'The History of Underwear... with Nick Knowles'.

As he saw it, the show would trace the history of undergarments from their earliest origins right up to the present day, where Nick would end up backstage at a Victoria's Secret fashion show.

Sadly, it has yet to be commissioned.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 59

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Sorry to derail from the Cocaine, Botox and Camden chat but this is the most insane celebrity headline I've seen in quite a while

Screenshot_20230424-181952_WhatsApp.jpg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 59

buttheyneverblindme8

Paul’s death has upset me more than any Celeb death has done for a very long time. He was one of the very few famous people I actually liked and by all accounts was genuinely a nice man. His tea time chat show was must see comfort TV, I loved how sometimes he’d forget he was presenting a live television programme and start having a conversation with the audience then get stroppy when ‘Bert’ the producer would tell him to hurry up. I read one comment on his husbands Instagram from a member of staff at Battersea who said Paul would turn up without an entourage and sit in the staff room and drink cups of tea and chat with everyone else. No airs or graces, not many in celeb world like that. So very unfair he’s been taken at what’s nothing these days, though I think he knew he wouldn’t live to old bones. His husband looks broken bless him 😢
I agree. The only death that comes close to his in recent times for me was Victoria Wood - in my opinion, the funniest woman to have ever come out of Britain.

And as for Paul being a nice man - I've said before my other half met him countless times through his work (trains), and he's told me Paul really was exactly who you saw on TV in "real life". He made time for everyone and had no airs and graces whatsoever.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 58

smudge126

VIP Member
Have you not seen the hideous rusty looking lights. I think they’ll be removed when they pull down half the town anyways to ‘open it up’.
No idea about what local people needed in that town
The last time I was on Stockton high street a woman ran up to me and my kids, pissed as a fart and started singing the neighbours theme tune whilst moonwalking…I don’t know what Mary Portas could have done to make my experience any better, but rusty lights aren’t it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57

L3moning

VIP Member
Jessie J annoyed me with the whole "I'm bisexual, oh wait no I'm not that was a phase (because I want to be famous in the US)" thing. Unless you're about 12 then no, bisexuality isn't a phase, so you've either gone back into the closet or you were queer-baiting in the first place.

Having said that, she's a decent singer.

• Wow
Reactions: 56

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Dave Grohl is a minger with a massive glow up. He’s successful, talented, cool and keeps in shape. He’s also gained a reputation as a good guy so is an attractive package.
If he was Dave, the area manager for B&Q, I’m sure we’d all feel pretty differently.

*no offence to B&Q area managers!
🤣🤣🤣👏🏻

i think “if he was [name], the area manager for B&Q, we’d all feel pretty differently” could be used for a LOT of famous men tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55

MissHavisham

VIP Member
Lewis Capaldi is endearingly down to earth but someone on the last thread said he's in danger of making his comedy persona bigger than his music. I agree with that and think it would be a shame. He seems to take the piss out of himself in a self-protective way. 'If I say I'm chubby and ugly you can't hurt me by saying I'm chubby and ugly'.

• Heart
Reactions: 54

London Hung Guy

Chatty Member
This is what she was like on Mary Queen of Shops. She'd go to a run down bakery on the High Street where old cockney women would pop in to buy some cheap buns.

Only Mary wouldn't entertain it, turning her nose up at a basic white loaf and she'd introduce artisan sourdough bakes, triple the price and give the shop an expensive make over.

The staff and locals would give the same feedback that it isn't what anyone would go for, so she'd march out to an office somewhere, get a few professionals in a suit to sample some gluten free shit and when they were too polite to say anything other than of course they would pay £7.50 for it, she'd turn to the camera and laugh about how she was right all along.
The woman is an absolute bitch. Had dealing in my career, told her what she was proposing was wrong - got immediately fired from the design project. Nothing to loose so one fingered her as I swanned out LOL

• Haha
  • Wow

caroleffinbaskin

VIP Member
personally, i don’t judge 14 months as “very quickly” but i think i’ve said my piece on that by now 🤣
---

still one of the greatest pieces of celebrity trivia ever 🤣
---

it’s a “party” in a movie scene context - not an actual one (in fairness to emma w)! though this story has been bubbling under the service for a long while now, always thought there was more to it. they did a later scene in the rain (in the same movie) and channing t apparently joked that it was like “being in emma’s tears” so goodness knows how upset she truly was there. doesn’t exactly sound like a fun place to be.
I don’t think Emma Watson is a fun place to be! For someone with very little talent, she sure takes herself very seriously, bless her.

• Haha
  • Heart