Secret Celebrity Gossip #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shamelessly stolen from DM’s comment section on the Chris Martin/Springsteen 1 meal a day story. What do we think? Sounds like pathetic Rock star behaviour to me..
Having worked on tours and gigs for some years I think it was probably the management who ordered it all. Most bands have ridiculous riders which they have very little to do with and most of it is not touched. I do like cold play so hope this is not true. The only one who did it right that I saw was Mobey who brought carrier bags to take home what was left ( and it was mostly organic fruit and veg).

• Haha
Reactions: 10
And yet Hammond ended up in a coma and with a brain injury that he’ll have for the rest of his life. You don’t get more seriously injured than that 🤔
I remember thinking that Hammond had either rushed back, or been rushed back, too soon; he definitely was a bit off for quite a while and seemed to take a long time to completely get back into it.
Then he had another smash and it was obvious that he didn’t want to be doing the high speed daredevil stuff any more, and who could blame him?
It’s heartbreaking what’s happened to Freddie. And I agree with whoever mentioned possible litigation. I think what stands out to me, is not just the radio silence from everyone Involved in the show, but there’s none of the usual support/get well messages from Celeb friends on social media - something the celebs usually all rush to do.
I’m not saying it’s a bad thing at all - it’s good that Freddie is being allowed privacy (although the DM keep poking 😡)
But to me it seems very clear that he’s being protected from the media currently.
Whether because it’s simply what he wants, or because of a potential lawsuit, or even because he’s agreed a deal to talk to a media outlet when he’s ready, who knows?
The main thing is, as I said before, that I hope he can get stronger physically and mentally.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Yes I agree. There’s a media blackout relating to Freddie and the accident. The only people who’ve spoken about it are Freddie’s son and Piers Morgan who is a close friend. Other than that it’s been radio silence.

Reactions: 21
Freddie's a very private person away from his onscreen persona. I know that the member of my extended family who works on Top Gear was at the track that day, but I've not heard a thing about what happened and I'm not going to ask - if they want to talk about it they will, but for now I think, as said above, there's a reason it's not in the press and we will probably find out eventually what it is.

Reactions: 35
I know I’m an old twit, but I preferred Top Gear when it was a proper consumer programme with Tiff Needell, Vicky Butler Henderson and Quentin Willson. Giving you reviews of new cars etc. I can’t stand all the laddish arsing about they do these days. Not watched it for years.

Also, *if* it turns out that the BBC have been negligent in health and safety and Freddie is suing them, all I can say is did the BBC not learn anything from the whole Michael Lush/Late Late Breakfast tragedy that happened years ago? You youngsters will have to Google that. It was back in the 80’s. I told you I was an old twit.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
Re Freddie Flintoff- I was saying the same thing to my husband. The series where Hammond was injured went ahead and indeed they actually did show the crash on TV.
I think there’s more to this than meets the eye (this is just a theory, I don’t have inside info)
it may be more about the circumstances and the liability involved hence it being so hush hush.
they have to sign all sorts of disclaimers so for the Hammond crash the factors around the incident may have been a clear-cut ‘at own risk’ situation, but perhaps this time the BBC are at fault.
That alongside flintoff’s image being used on top gear promo will have lots of wrangling attached if he has been left disfigured.

Reactions: 2
There was a photo of Flintoff post-crash and coming home from hospital, but it was through the windscreen of his wife's car so you can't really tell if he is really badly facial scarred or if, as I suspect, this has shattered him mentally.
There were a few of those photos at the time and although they are not that clear it did look to me, from one photo in particular, like he had extensive injuries to the lower face and nose. (I’m not sure if they’re still online.) I’m sure the psychological impact will be huge, but in practical terms there could be reconstruction needed to his teeth and jaw, and his speech could be affected too. All of which points to a serious impact on his TV career. Which could be part of the reason that they seem to be taking it so seriously.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just me or does the press seem to be posting quite a few stories of Naga & Charlie lately, could be nothing but ?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I definitely noticed the lack of information following Freddie’s accident. I was surprised that none of my friends had noticed the silence. It reminded me of the respectful distance there was following Michael Schumacher’s skiing accident, and we all know how serious that was I really like Freddie. I do hope he’ll be okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I definitely noticed the lack of information following Freddie’s accident. I was surprised that none of my friends had noticed the silence. It reminded me of the respectful distance there was following Michael Schumacher’s skiing accident, and we all know how serious that was I really like Freddie. I do hope he’ll be okay.
Has he posted himself on socials at all since it happened? I don’t follow him so not sure if he uses it a lot anyway, from what I know of him probably just work related stuff

Reactions: 5
Reese Witherspoon and Jim Toth are divorcing. Just saw a message about it on her Instagram page. Can't link it, right now.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Agree… IF they are to continue with the programme, they need to stick to fun stuff that doesn’t require speed, which sounds a bit like defeating the point but I really liked the road trip segments where they’d drive a Rover Metro from Slough to Ulan Baator or something
I don’t think the programme will carry on. It’s not been the same since JC, JM and RH presented it.

Reactions: 9
Has he posted himself on socials at all since it happened? I don’t follow him so not sure if he uses it a lot anyway, from what I know of him probably just work related stuff
No. Nothing and he used to tweet frequently before the accident.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Just saw an article in the dm. Daniel Radcliffe’s gf is clearly pregnant???

edit: lol! It was already mentioned 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.