Secret Celebrity Gossip #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t somebody come on to an earlier thread and say that his injuries were pretty horrific? Something along the lines of him basically have his top lip ripped off and several teeth knocked out? Teeth can be replaced but lip and facial injuries are harder to repair.

The poster had been told by somebody at the hospital and the thread descended into “NHS employees should not be breaking confidentiality”

He’s tall so any accident in an open top car that flips is going to be shocking. The only reason Richard Hammond survived his last crash is because he’s short
I don’t think we will see Freddie on TV again
I can't see a future for the show now, after Freddie's accident. He's a popular public figure and I think posters here are correct in that he's been highly traumatised and has worse injuries than are known.
Also, the programme makers must have scraped the barrel now for jolly japes/stunts for the presenters to do?

Reactions: 20
Poor Freddie. Re Top Gear being dropped, my guess is it’s both that Freddie is quite injured and not recovering as might have been hoped in December, and that the internal inquiry into the accident so far doesn’t make for very good reading.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Not exactly "gossip" - but a family friend met Victoria Beckham a few times in a football-related capacity. Friend stated that while Posh was genuinely nice when spoken to, she couldn't have made it plainer that she'd rather have been anywhere else but at Wembley (where my family friend met her), and came across as very aloof and distant until you actually spoke to her.

Reactions: 37
Not exactly "gossip" - but a family friend met Victoria Beckham a few times in a football-related capacity. Friend stated that while Posh was genuinely nice when spoken to, she couldn't have made it plainer that she'd rather have been anywhere else but at Wembley (where my family friend met her), and came across as very aloof and distant until you actually spoke to her.
i’ve only ever heard good things about victoria b from people who have interacted with her (and whenever she’s mentioned in those “famous people i’ve met” reddit posts). she also comes across pretty in the current peltz wedding planner lawsuit (or at least in the messages they’ve included). similar to what your friend says, she seems rather distant until you actually speak to her. as someone with a bit of a resting aloof face, i can relate 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I can't see a future for the show now, after Freddie's accident. He's a popular public figure and I think posters here are correct in that he's been highly traumatised and has worse injuries than are known.
Also, the programme makers must have scraped the barrel now for jolly japes/stunts for the presenters to do?
Agree… IF they are to continue with the programme, they need to stick to fun stuff that doesn’t require speed, which sounds a bit like defeating the point but I really liked the road trip segments where they’d drive a Rover Metro from Slough to Ulan Baator or something

Reactions: 18
i’ve only ever heard good things about victoria b from people who have interacted with her (and whenever she’s mentioned in those “famous people i’ve met” reddit posts). she also comes across pretty in the current peltz wedding planner lawsuit (or at least in the messages they’ve included). similar to what your friend says, she seems rather distant until you actually speak to her. as someone with a bit of a resting aloof face, i can relate 🤣

Can confirm. Met her a few times and she's lovely. She has a really dry sense of humour too.

I really hate all the articles about her eating habits (or lack thereof). You wouldn't do the same for an overweight celeb, so why is a thin one fair game? Double standards imo.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Can confirm. Met her a few times and she's lovely. She has a really dry sense of humour too.

I really hate all the articles about her eating habits (or lack thereof). You wouldn't do the same for an overweight celeb, so why is a thin one fair game? Double standards imo.
I disagree, even if a celeb puts a few kgs on, there are usually countless smart ars&ed articles about them looking 'healthy', usually in the DMail.:rolleyes:

Gaining weight is far more commented on than weight loss. Sad but true.

Reactions: 34
I disagree, even if a celeb puts a few kgs on, there are usually countless smart ars&ed articles about them looking 'healthy', usually in the DMail.:rolleyes:

Gaining weight is far more commented on than weight loss. Sad but true.

I wasn't talking about people losing or gaining weight. Victoria is thin and there are so many articles about how no one sees her eat, or she has a mint for dinner etc etc. You don't get stories about Lizzo (for example) about how she eats all day etc etc. That's the double standard.

But, to take your point, celebs that lose a lot of weight are demonised more than others who gain weight imo, look at Adele for example.

Reactions: 27
I’ve heard Vicky B is a good laugh away from the public eye, and she likes her red wine too.

Reactions: 25
I wasn't talking about people losing or gaining weight. Victoria is thin and there are so many articles about how no one sees her eat, or she has a mint for dinner etc etc. You don't get stories about Lizzo (for example) about how she eats all day etc etc. That's the double standard.

But, to take your point, celebs that lose a lot of weight are demonised more than others who gain weight imo, look at Adele for example.
Absolutely not true. Adele loses weight and suddenly the media love her. Try being a slim celebrity who gains weight.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Shamelessly stolen from DM’s comment section on the Chris Martin/Springsteen 1 meal a day story. What do we think? Sounds like pathetic Rock star behaviour to me..
So Coldplay are nasty because someone got sacked for breaking company rules.

Reactions: 12

You say tomato and I say tomatooo, ;)(sic) you were saying fat celebs don't have their bodies commented on as much as thin ones. Again, I completely disagree.

The only time I can remember 'skinny celebs' being mentioned in the press was back in the Heroin Chic days. otherwise it's a free for all in print and social media circles to comment on fat celebs and especially those that gain weight, it's like they have committed a cardinal sin, of letting themselves go.

Sadly in social circles being thin is deemed way more socially acceptable, aesthetically more pleasing than someone carrying extra weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
So Coldplay are nasty because someone got sacked for breaking company rules.
that was kinda my feeling too 🙃 the room service stuff is incredibly petty i agree but it also doesn’t directly say it’s about chris martin as it refers to “coldplay” as like one entity 🤣 (not that anyone would know the rest of the band i guess other than the hot bassist)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
You say tomato and I say tomatooo, (sic) you were saying fat celebs don't have their bodies commented on as much as thin ones. Again, I completely disagree.

The only time I can remember 'skinny celebs' being mentioned in the press was back in the Heroin Chic days. otherwise it's a free for all in print and social media circles to comment on fat celebs.

Sadly in social circles being thin is deemed way more socially acceptable, aesthetically more pleasing than someone carrying extra weight.

The evidence is irrefutable in todays society, thinness equates beauty and discipline...etc Fatness, weight, derision and lack of willpower.

Yeah, I don't want to start any arguments, sorry if I've come across like that, nope. Opinions be opinions.

Lets just agree that the mass media needs to stop it at both ends of the scales and let us be what we want to be body-wise.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
that was kinda my feeling too 🙃 the room service stuff is incredibly petty i agree but it also doesn’t directly say it’s about chris martin as it refers to “coldplay” as like one entity 🤣 (not that anyone would know the rest of the band i guess other than the hot bassist)
Coldplay do a lot for the planet and are a very green band, so I wouldn't be quick at believing they would waste food. Even if they did if wasting food makes someone bad then we are all bad, as I'm sure everyone throws stuff away that could still be eaten.

Reactions: 5
Coldplay do a lot for the planet and are a very green band, so I wouldn't be quick at believing they would waste food. Even if they did if wasting food makes someone bad then we are all bad, as I'm sure everyone throws stuff away that could still be eaten.
If the story is true though they ordered food just to be dicks. Not quite the same as throwing out a wilted lettuce. I can believe it. They come across like self righteous ass holes of the do as I say, not as I do ilk.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
absolutely, everyone “wastes” food to a degree, but ordering everything on a room service menu and then deliberately leaving it outside the room and touching none of it is petty.

either way, if it was clear company policy and rule to not approach famous guests for autographs and the person mentioned in that post still did it then i can’t see how that aspect comes back on the band, like you said in your op!

Reactions: 11

It's not, there’s plenty of articles baiting overweight celebs where the media says ‘they’re looking great' - or words to that effect, all designed to get people disagreeing and saying mean things.

I think VB has an eating disorder - which is absolutely her private issue - but I can’t bear articles lauding her as having a wonderful figure when she’s slimmer than her pre-teen daughter. That does nothing to help people with eating disorders.

Someone I knew years ago was having lunch in a restaurant at the same time as her and David. This would be before they married and had kids. David had three courses, Victoria had a green salad that she never ate and chain smoked throughout. This person relayed the story to me as though it was cool 🤢

• Sad
Reactions: 23
The difficulty with thin celebs is that, if there is no transparency about what it takes to achieve their weight, they could be a contributing factor in eating disorders and self esteem issues, same as someone who doesn't disclose photoshop.

Of course, it's difficult to say to what extent people in the public eye are responsible for such things, but I can see why someone might want to expose that a celebrity is only that thin because they don't eat.

This is especially when a celeb has clearly lost a significant amount of weight and yet just claims to be naturally thin, or the old classics of 'running around after the kids' or 'doing yoga' or the best one, 'lots of sex!'.

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.