Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What a tune, gonna need to dust off the Erasure records now!
Many years ago in nineties I went club in soho,itvwas a gay club my close friend was gay,he lived in London so he took me to this club,everybody dancing,I started to dance and this lovely guy,started to join in with me,he was such a lovely guy,It was Andy Bell,lovely friendly guy.I didn’t realise till my friend told me,I loved their music as well.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Anyone have any tea on Karren Brady?
Friend of mine went to an event where she was a key speaker about 5 years ago. Apparently she turned up late, didn’t apologise and was an absolute cow to everybody which didn’t really surprise me, she seems to think she’s above everybody else

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
I don’t watch the Apprentice, the husband does. But I could hear it in the background when she did the whole ‘Baroness Brady’ thing, and without even thinking I shouted ‘Oh duck off you massive bleep

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
This is The Baronesses daughter. Expensively educated but no hint of following in her mum’s footsteps. Just your average dimbo bimbo.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Anyone have any tea on Karren Brady?
Not tea but this comeback from her made me laugh:

Sexism was rife and this was illustrated particularly well when Karren travelled with the football team on their coach – a player said to her “I can see your tits from here”. Karren famously retorted “Well when I sell you to Crewe, you won’t be able to see them from there, will you?” Soon afterwards, the player was sold.

• Haha
Reactions: 63
A Percy Jackson series! Do tell more.
it’s coming to disney+ not netflix (i was wrong!), i think they’ve only just started filming.

i went to their twitter to get a link for you and saw they’d only announced lance r’s casting at the end of january :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Does anyone ever get the feeling they have crossed paths with people on this thread or others in real life 👀

I've three:

1. A woman from Cork who comments a Cork decor influencers thread

2. Someone here I have a feeling I have met through my ITV connections

3. Someone here I have either crossed paths with socially in North London or through my former life in PR 🤔

Reactions: 13
Does anyone ever get the feeling they have crossed paths with people on this thread or others in real life 👀

I've three:

1. A woman from Cork who comments a Cork decor influencers thread

2. Someone here I have a feeling I have met through my ITV connections

3. Someone here I have either crossed paths with socially in North London or through my former life in PR 🤔
Not quite, but there is someone here who uses a similar username, and seems to have similar views, to someone I "know" via a different forum.

Reactions: 4
I think Karren Brady aka Baroness Brady was playing to the camera albeit not well when she made that remark. The contestants have been calling her Karren for weeks so it was obvious they would slip up in an interview context if they had to start calling her Baroness.
She came across as such a witch with that.

Reactions: 17
I think Karren Brady aka Baroness Brady was playing to the camera albeit not well when she made that remark. The contestants have been calling her Karren for weeks so it was obvious they would slip up in an interview context if they had to start calling her Baroness.
I thought that too, that was was just hamming it up pantomime-style for the cameras (it's what they expect on The Apprentice). I did laugh when she pretty much chucked the hankie box at one of the crying contestants. I really do think it's just to keep viewers watching.

Very era-specific but there's lots of Youtube coverage of how Alan Sugar became successful and what he was like to work with (pretty fearsome, by the sounds of it) and there's even one (a well-known UK tech reviewer beginning with T) who reviews one of their old "mug's eyeful" stack systems from the 1980s and looks inside. It's shocking how poorly made it was. If you could call a "hi-fi" system fur coat and no knickers, that is it.

Surprisingly some of the very early Amstrad hi-fi products did achieve a little bit of a following and respect, before they went bottom of the barrel. Not sure Sir Alan is worth holding up as a great example of UK achievement or pride in manufacturing, though he knew what his customers wanted and gave them it!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.