Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Paula doc is two parts apparently, I haven't seen it yet.
I imagine they don't mention the time that she gave each member of Wet Wet Wet a blowjob as they were lined up and seated (courtesy of an old Popbitch newsletter).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh Pedro….you can do so much better!! Never saw the appeal of BC and now he’s clearly under the spell of Barry Manilow’s plastic surgeon.
This reminded me of the line in The Breakfast Club where Bender says to the principal "does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I've just watched both episodes of Paula, it's actually quite interesting but nothing more is revealed from living through it at the time tbh. There are some interviews with Paula that have not been heard before but no great revelations. Bit like the George Michael ones, interesting but nothing new.

Reactions: 8
I've just watched both episodes of Paula, it's actually quite interesting but nothing more is revealed from living through it at the time tbh. There are some interviews with Paula that have not been heard before but no great revelations. Bit like the George Michael ones, interesting but nothing new.
I saw a quote on twitter (I think) from her 2 best friends that said they weren’t involved in this documentary and wouldn’t be watching.

Reactions: 3
The thing with the Oscar’s is I think will smith deserved it so much for Ali. I thought he was Amazing.
Of all the Leo movies I think he should have won for the Aviator the most but then he won for the revenant which was the biggest load of shite I have ever seen.
Personal taste I suppose.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I love Angela Bassett and she so deserved the Oscar for What's Love Got to Do With It. And she was definitely the best think about Black Panther 2 (it was a pile of mince - so disappointing)

But can you imagine what people would be saying if it was Jamie Lee Curtis who gave that reaction if Angela had won the Oscar 😱😱😱

I've no idea if Jamie Lee Curtis is any good in this film I suspect part of the reason she win was because she was a legacy vote - someone deserving who been around for years. Bit like Angela!!!

Reactions: 23
H

He clearly has no respect for Touka. I don’t have much but it’s a bit much having a colleague sitting there scowling at you, or making quite mean comments. Especially if you are the newbie giving out to the seasoned one.
I find the other Dragons mocking of Touka quite unpleasant at times. And I have no love for Touka at all. Stephen Bartlett sits with a little mocking smile every time Touka says anything. And then he is all up Peter Jones hole.

Reactions: 11
Agree JLC probably a legacy vote but deserved. Went to see last year with no expectations and took my niggling brain a while to twig where I recognised her from. Bravura performance and Bassett will earn and receive her dues in future from something better than an MCU flick.
Is The whale any good? Was that a sop to Brendan Fraser for years in the wilderness for things previously mentioned on here?
Gleeson phoned in his performance in Banshees IMHO whereas Farrell carried it and was revelatory.

Reactions: 6
I met a lady today who had the most fascinating back story. She came to my coffee cart and it was lovely and sunny, with nobody else around, so she stayed and had a chat.

In the '80s, she left Australia for the UK where she landed a job working as a PA to a banker and his family. She was the household PA and was responsible for making sure the household ran as efficiently as possible - scheduling personal and service maintenance appointments; and organising functions; etc. The kids had a nanny but when she left, this lady took over that job as well - despite having no training.

She stayed with this family for quite a few years - she was able to stay as long as she wanted as her parents were British. When the kids grew up, the parents divorced so she made moves to return back to Australia. Then, one of the husband's friends contacted her to ask if she'd consider moving to New York with his family to work in the same sort of (dual) role, who were going to be stationed there for three years. She accepted, and when his kids grew up she moved to another contact of his, and so it went on for several years. A lot of her employers were celebs. Her employers worked out all the visa stuff and she did actually get a Greencard - through the lottery - eventually too.

This lady is now in her 60s and still works for celebs, but she has a very special role now which sounds like the coolest job ever.

In advance of a celeb/high worth individual going to another country for work, pleasure or whatever, she flies out to the residence to make sure that everything is as it should be. She fills the cupboards, freezers and fridges with all their favourite foods / special dietary requirements, makes certain everything is just the way her clients like it (bedding preferences, etc.), and if there are kids and they're going to be going to school there, she makes sure they have all the stationery, etc. She said that even when her clients are staying at luxury lodges, they need her assurance that things are perfect. They only trust her to make sure everything is ship-shape.

What an amazing life she's led! She's here (in NZ) at the moment viewing luxury homes for rental for a family that will be coming here for business soon. I didn't ask who, or what they'd be doing.

-------------------

I've read awful things about Jamie Lee Curtis ... apparently she's extremely nasty to wait staff and assistants. I was disappointed to read that as I thought she was nice. Although I do remember when she was on RHoBH - at Kyle's store opening - she seemed like a bit of a witch.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
The thing with the Oscar’s is I think will smith deserved it so much for Ali. I thought he was Amazing.
Of all the Leo movies I think he should have won for the Aviator the most but then he won for the revenant which was the biggest load of shite I have ever seen.
Personal taste I suppose.
It probably has more to do with the clout behind the film than any of the content of it, I always think.

Reactions: 3
I do think Jenna Ortega scored an own goal with the writing comments- actors ALWAYS think they can do a better job and really, they mostly can’t. It shows a lack of understanding of how shows like this get made- you’re basically saying you know better than the creators, writers, directors, producers- EVERYONE who has already given notes on the script Brought to mind the actors on New Tricks saying similar: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...-Amanda-Redman-Denis-Waterman-criticisms.html

On another note, I thought Hullraisers was brilliant. Lucy Beaumont is definitely more than just Jon Richardson’s wife.

Reactions: 9
Regarding the Jenna Ortega blind item --> A friend of mine is a writer and was consulted for the show. This all happened back in 2020/2021, and at the time he told me the writing was a serious shitshow. They wanted to put a Latin-American spin on the show, and used every stereotype known to man. They even hired a lot of Latin-American writers in order to ensure it would be authentic. The end result (script) was really bad, so they ended up rewriting the entire thing. At the time, quite a few people working on the show didn't think it would become very successful, because the script was quite bad. Jenna most likely didn't know this, because she hadn't been cast yet. It makes sense that the writers were annoyed by her changing her lines, because they'd already been through so much tit (and staff!).
My script-writer friend said it wasn't smart of Jenna to make those comments, because Wednesday isn't a hard character to play (in his professional opinion) and the hype around her will eventually die down. He also said that she most likely won't be recast because of her popularity at this moment.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I find the other Dragons mocking of Touka quite unpleasant at times. And I have no love for Touka at all. Stephen Bartlett sits with a little mocking smile every time Touka says anything. And then he is all up Peter Jones hole.
I don’t see it like that at all, find Touka really rude to a lot of the people that come on and he rarely appears to listen to what they’re saying. Unless it’s mass produced cheap tat he doesn’t seem interested. Much prefer Stephen and don’t find him at all annoying.

Reactions: 6
My script-writer friend said it wasn't smart of Jenna to make those comments, because Wednesday isn't a hard character to play (in his professional opinion) and the hype around her will eventually die down. He also said that she most likely won't be recast because of her popularity at this moment.
I agree that it’s not too hard a role to play, and Christina Ricci is much better at the character. I really don’t get the hype around Jenna but I did think the showrunner’s tweets were an overreaction to what she said (or perhaps should have been left to private discussions). However your comments put a context to why they may be insulted.

Reactions: 7
I imagine they don't mention the time that she gave each member of Wet Wet Wet a blowjob as they were lined up and seated (courtesy of an old Popbitch newsletter).
Wow, what an image eh? Back in the days camera phones didn't exist and you could freely play without pics appearing - I miss those days :)

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've no idea if Jamie Lee Curtis is any good in this film I suspect part of the reason she win was because she was a legacy vote - someone deserving who been around for years. Bit like Angela!!!
She was brilliant in the film; well deserved, frankly.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.