Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
ooo i love Rupert nearly called my son Rupert. When i saw his name my heart skipped a beat. He is just gorgeous.
He was a book crush until I saw he was partly based on Andrew Parker-Bowles and then It evaporated, just like that!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is Daisy May Cooper really going to be the new M?
I somehow doubt it.

I really can't believe that story to be true.

If it is, this is what will kill the Bond franchise, they could have 007 be a unicorn and rainbow camp gay and that would be fine, make DMC a comedic M, just kill the franchise now.

Reactions: 10
I somehow doubt it.

I really can't believe that story to be true.

If it is, this is what will kill the Bond franchise, they could have 007 be a unicorn and rainbow camp gay and that would be fine, make DMC a comedic M, just kill the franchise now.
How I see it is that Bond and M should contrast each other. So you can have a slightly silly Bond as long as M is dour and serious, or vice versa. But both doesn't work as well

Reactions: 6
DMC is friends with Phoebe Waller Bingbang so that's why her name has come up.
No script, no cast, not gonnna happen.

Reactions: 9
How I see it is that Bond and M should contrast each other. So you can have a slightly silly Bond as long as M is dour and serious, or vice versa. But both doesn't work as well
Yeah, I've no problem with them injecting some humourous moments or lighter sillier elements into it.

Judi Dennch and Ralph Fiennes had very dry dour humourous comments. No reason they can't go for a lighter approach. I just think DMC would be the worst option, she isn't funny, she isn't a great actress, and honestly, she's too young. Someone of her age running an entire section of British intelligence. Way too young.
---
That's true. Basically any British actor could get themselves linked to Bond at the moment.

I assume they need a script or at least good plan for how they are going to reboot the franchise before they even start casting a new bond to know what sort of bond they want.

Reactions: 6
Someone on the Daily Mail commented ‘I have it on good authority that PWB’s contribution mostly ended up on the cutting room floor’. And they were so smug about it. Like no, Sandra, you don’t have that on ‘good authority’.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I'm now imagining, due to previous collaboration, Phoebe Bridgers playing a gender swapped Felix Leiter 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I could more realisically see her being Q (is that the weapons person?). They are usually a more comical figure.

Reactions: 2
Good evening tattlers I have a confession. I actually quite like Rita oras new song! I shall go to the corner & have a good think about my life's mistakes

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Neil Morrissey owns (or owned, unsure if he still does) a few pubs
Not actual tea but every time I see him on TV, I think of when, at a beer festival, my mate announces to our crowd that he's just spotted Morrissey.

Rest of us: "Morrissey!? At a beer festival?!"
Mate: "It was definitely him. I'll take you over"
[We go over to where NEIL Morrissey is pulling pints of his own beer or something]
Us: 🤣
Mate: :confused:

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Yeah, I've no problem with them injecting some humourous moments or lighter sillier elements into it.

Judi Dennch and Ralph Fiennes had very dry dour humourous comments. No reason they can't go for a lighter approach. I just think DMC would be the worst option, she isn't funny, she isn't a great actress, and honestly, she's too young. Someone of her age running an entire section of British intelligence. Way too young.
---

That's true. Basically any British actor could get themselves linked to Bond at the moment.

I assume they need a script or at least good plan for how they are going to reboot the franchise before they even start casting a new bond to know what sort of bond they want.
I think a younger M could work, but it would have to be someone with more gravitas (and talent). Somebody like Matthew Goode or James D'Arcy, or Michelle Dockery or Rebecca Hall if they wanted a woman.

Gillian Anderson, Samuel West, Indira Varma, Lena Headey, Sophie Okonedo or Mark Gatiss (he played a similar sort of character in Sherlock) are all of a more realistic age and would be good choices imo. Perhaps even Idris Elba since he's a bit old for Bond now.

Reactions: 11
I could more realisically see her being Q (is that the weapons person?). They are usually a more comical figure.
You can play Q however you want. Outright comic, comically serious, geeky, outright serious in comparison to a sillier Bond. With Desmond Llewelyn it varied between them depending on the Bond.

Reactions: 1
I think a younger M could work, but it would have to be someone with more gravitas (and talent). Somebody like Matthew Goode or James D'Arcy, or Michelle Dockery or Rebecca Hall if they wanted a woman.

Gillian Anderson, Samuel West, Indira Varma, Lena Headey, Sophie Okonedo or Mark Gatiss (he played a similar sort of character in Sherlock) are all of a more realistic age and would be good choices imo. Perhaps even Idris Elba since he's a bit old for Bond now.
loved Michelle Dockery in The Gentlemen. She’d be ace

that film is just fab in general though with an awesome cast esp Hugh Grant.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.