Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it just came on the radio again and agree it’s not as bad as first listen - i think it’s more a classic contrast of american chirpiness against british sarcasm. the part she asks what he’s wearing (obviously meaning the designer) and he says “a suit” had me 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️
This sort of thing always reminds me of a story Sarah Millican told in one of her comedy shows. About how she was asked about who she was wearing on a red carpet, her partner wasn't because men generally aren't asked. But really wanted to be asked so he could reply that his suit was George from Asda.
---
I don't think he is gay - he just helps them out when they are busy
He'd be quite an attractive bloke if he wasn't such an arrogant, pretentious knob.

Reactions: 10
Nicole Kidman's so two-faced. Not saying that she's insincere, but by duck her face looks completely different to the one she had just over 20 years ago.
I saw the first few episodes of The Undoing on a plane and when I landed, pushed through the jetlag by downloading and watching the rest. Wish I hadn't bothered. She had two expressions through the whole thing:
1. Expressionless
2. Expressionless with EYES VERY WIDE

(Hugh Grant was good though, properly chilling)

Reactions: 16
Harrison Ford and Ke Huy Quan at the Oscars has me welling up this morning!

1678712721172.png

1678712766451.png

• Heart
Reactions: 113
And the Oscar Goss is rolling in.
This is Jenna Ortega, but do you know something, I think it is probably more of a case of Hollywood men not being able to handle a woman being creative and not being afraid to be proud of the work she did.
is this in reference to that dax shepherd podcast interview too?! because she in no way threw the writing team under the bus and came across as genuinely proud of the show. like you say, more a comment on hollywood men than on her. she is obviously a strong character who knows her own worth (as she should be!)

Reactions: 15
is this in reference to that dax shepherd podcast interview too?! because she in no way threw the writing team under the bus and came across as genuinely proud of the show. like you say, more a comment on hollywood men than on her. she is obviously a strong character who knows her own worth (as she should be!)
That's where it's coming from. The showrunner ranted on twitter for hours and hours on Saturday night about it.

Think of all the time actors get praised for Ad Libbing (aka completely changing the lines) or making suggestions to wear or do something different. They're called artists and genuises.

It reminds me of how Katherine Heigel was branded "difficult" just for saying she thought knocked up portrayed women unfairly as uptight shrews. She barely worked for years after that.

Robert Pattison said he was embarrassed by Twilight and he hasn't been short of roles.
Screenshot_20230313-161652_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: 9
That's where it's coming from. The showrunner ranted on twitter for hours and hours on Saturday night about it.

Think of all the time actors get praised for Ad Libbing (aka completely changing the lines) or making suggestions to wear or do something different. They're called artists and genuises.

It reminds me of how Katherine Heigel was branded "difficult" just for saying she thought knocked up portrayed women unfairly as uptight shrews. She barely worked for years after that.

Robert Pattison said he was embarrassed by Twilight and he hasn't been short of roles.
View attachment 2025574
katherine heigl was a combo of a few things. she also wanted to turn down her grey’s anatomy emmy nomination because she said the material had been too bad to warrant it iirc - but i think shonda rhimes isn’t easy to work for. like you say, had a man said these things the impact wouldn’t have been the same. robert pattinson was dragging twilight in the dvd commentary and no one said anything beyond how funny he was!!

i had no idea about the fallout from this, i need to go and read more! i thought she came across well on the podcast tbh (very smart and witty), he sounds like his ego is fragile af.

Reactions: 6
I don't understand what Jenna is meant to have said?
basically that she would change lines etc in the script if she felt things didn’t make sense, or suggest changes etc. she came across as someone with a lot of pride in her work tbh and said something like she didn’t want to watch it later and not be happy with it.

as secretlondoner says above, the show runner appears to have taken great offence to it all. but jenna is the show imo. she’s by far the most watchable actor in it and she’s the central character!

Reactions: 23
Pair of idiots
Hugh Grant and his wife claimed to be key workers during lockdown and insisted their children should be at (their private) school - this might have been for the benefit of the children in the school's view I guess....

He reportedly picked one daughter up from a kids party and told all the people there how he hated doing things like that as all the mums found him so attractive and would make passes at him etc And also shouted at one of his kids really loudly and unkindly outside Pret on Kings Rd once.

This is from multiple reliable sources...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
How would LI for older people work. I can't seen anyone my age (40's) sitting around in bikinis all day and shouting "you got a text". I don't watch LI but its not just because the contestants don't interest me, its the entire format feels very contrived and dated.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Hugh Grant and his wife claimed to be key workers during lockdown and insisted their children should be at (their private) school - this might have been for the benefit of the children in the school's view I guess....

He reportedly picked one daughter up from a kids party and told all the people there how he hated doing things like that as all the mums found him so attractive and would make passes at him etc And also shouted at one of his kids really loudly and unkindly outside Pret on Kings Rd once.

This is from multiple reliable sources...
Key workers?????

Reactions: 8
basically that she would change lines etc in the script if she felt things didn’t make sense, or suggest changes etc. she came across as someone with a lot of pride in her work tbh and said something like she didn’t want to watch it later and not be happy with it.

as secretlondoner says above, the show runner appears to have taken great offence to it all. but jenna is the show imo. she’s by far the most watchable actor in it and she’s the central character!
Oh dear well we all know what happened to Joey Tribbiani 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 39
How would LI for older people work. I can't seen anyone my age (40's) sitting around in bikinis all day and shouting "you got a text". I don't watch LI but its not just because the contestants don't interest me, its the entire format feels very contrived and dated.
It'd be like MILF Manor. Except maybe *slightly* less cringe.

Very slightly.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.