Secret Celebrity Gossip #109

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A million, from behind and I wear earplugs. He has to wear a maid’s outfit so that if any photos are leaked - the attention is on him. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I was really uncool in the 1990s, so I was told again and again. I loved Take That ⫩ and I still do. I started university in 1994, so it was when Oasis were becoming massive. So everyone loved Oasis or Blur or U2 and I loved ⫩ . I did still queue up at midnight the following year to buy What‘s The Story. That album was on non-stop in the student union. Even now I’m 47, any songs from there transports me to being drunk surrounded by follow drunks
I love Whats The Story for the same reasons! I started uni in 1995. There were 20 or so of us who lived in the same block of our halls of residence and we had 19 copies of WTS between us! It was the CD (so old! 😂) that always got played full blast when we got back from the union bar.

The Beautiful South’s Carry On Up The Charts was another one that got lots of air time in our halls and always takes me straight back to uni days.

Reactions: 13
The 90s also gave wave to the music from the Levis ads. The 80s ones revived 60s music, but 90s were a mixed bag of classics and new songs. This was by far my favourite (sorry Babylon Zoo fans).
My childhood teenage best friend was best mates with the drummer from Stiltskin; Ross MacFarlane. He was staying over at their house one time I was staying over and he used my friends toothbrush because he forgot his own. 🤢🥴
Anyway, 90s for me was totally my coming of age. I was fortunate enough to have parents who supported my love of music at a time when there was so many good bands around.
1994 - the first T in the Park at Strathclyde Park was amazing. Pulp, Blur, literally so many good bands.
By 96/97and the likes of Shed Se7en, Boo Radleys, Bluetones etc their music just didn’t reach me in the same way tbh. It still doesn’t.
Modern Life is Rubbish has stood the test of time as have the first two Suede albums. Pulp have never put a foot wrong; and in response to an earlier poster - I still follow Paul Weller and have everything he’s ever recorded. I think his music is excellent - I’m glad he doesn’t revisit Jam songs etc. he’s still being creative and his look is timeless.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Just reminded me that I was in a restaurant in Camden with Justine and Damon at the next table. They were very intense.
Damon and Justine were rumoured to have had an 'interesting' arrangement (nudge nudge!) with their lodger, Loz Hardy from Kingmaker back in the 90s. Sounds like Loz was busy that night.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
My initial reaction to Rupert Murdoch's engagement is that he might be doing it so that his children then won't have a legal claim to his billions. Google tells me that he is estranged from one son, so maybe he doesn't have a great relationship with any of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
My initial reaction to Rupert Murdoch's engagement is that he might be doing it so that his children then won't have a legal claim to his billions. Google tells me that he is estranged from one son, so maybe he doesn't have a great relationship with any of them.
Surely he can just write them out of his will? Sure he’s had a few rewrites over the years and whatever it says will be watertight for all eventualities

the rumours about succession being based on him and his family are obviously true then 🤣

Reactions: 14
a 90s song I still listen to regularly is 'All You Good Good People' by Embrace. absolute TUNE.

In fact anything they played on the Teachers soundtrack is probably my jam - one of the greatest sitcoms ever for me (and Andrew Lincoln will always be Simon- or Egg from This Life)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
a 90s song I still listen to regularly is 'All You Good Good People' by Embrace. absolute TUNE.

In fact anything they played on the Teachers soundtrack is probably my jam - one of the greatest sitcoms ever for me (and Andrew Lincoln will always be Simon- or Egg from This Life)
The boy with an Arab Strap is a cracking tune. Admittedly I'm not a huge fan of Belle and Sebastian

Reactions: 9
Just catching up in this thread, but I won't hear a word against Lizzie Cundy.

A million years ago when we were much younger young, my friends and I were in a smart bar Up West. And one was being 'that friend' and drunkenly weeping in the loos about some bloke. We were all comforting her/applying more makup. Lizzie came in , had a lovely chat, told friend 'he ain't worth it', told her she looked great (when she didn't, she looked like a panda) and then bought us all champagne. She was genuinely really nice.
I saw her on a programme (reality?) with some older famous women - think Aggie from Kim and Aggie was one and Lizzy came across as really nice and was more natural looks wise.
The women may have said to her she didn't need a load of slap, etc if I remember rightly.
ETA Looks like Fenella remembered before me. 😄

Reactions: 3
I love Whats The Story for the same reasons! I started uni in 1995. There were 20 or so of us who lived in the same block of our halls of residence and we had 19 copies of WTS between us! It was the CD (so old! 😂) that always got played full blast when we got back from the union bar.

The Beautiful South’s Carry On Up The Charts was another one that got lots of air time in our halls and always takes me straight back to uni days.
Oh yes! The obligatory playing of the album when getting home at 3am with chips and curry sauce.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just catching up in this thread, but I won't hear a word against Lizzie Cundy.

A million years ago when we were much younger young, my friends and I were in a smart bar Up West. And one was being 'that friend' and drunkenly weeping in the loos about some bloke. We were all comforting her/applying more makup. Lizzie came in , had a lovely chat, told friend 'he ain't worth it', told her she looked great (when she didn't, she looked like a panda) and then bought us all champagne. She was genuinely really nice.
Awww I’ve always had a bit of a soft spot for Lizzie. I don’t think she’s got a mean bone in her body!
---
Rupey Murds looks like an actual bollock
Old scrotum face 😂
---
I was really uncool in the 1990s, so I was told again and again. I loved Take That ⫩ and I still do. I started university in 1994, so it was when Oasis were becoming massive. So everyone loved Oasis or Blur or U2 and I loved ⫩ . I did still queue up at midnight the following year to buy What‘s The Story. That album was on non-stop in the student union. Even now I’m 47, any songs from there transports me to being drunk surrounded by follow drunks
I’m a year older than you and I was a huge TT fan and still am! My sister is 5 years older and when we used to go to concerts in the 90’s we were literally the oldest there (apart from the mums who were chaperoning the 14/15yr olds! I’m sure we were the only fans who were old enough to drive ourselves there 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.