Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Doyouknowwhatimean

Chatty Member
You can see where Boris gets his rather casual approach with women from...
The story of Boris Johnson's mum is a very sad untold one.
She was an inpatient at the famous Bethlam MH hospital for many years whilst her children were young. Suffering from post partum and paranoia but now given what we hear about the DV thing things sounded horrible.
Now we are hearing Boris out forward Stanley for a Knighthood.

The Bethlam hospital have an onsite art gallery from occupational therapy from their patients where a lot of her paintings are featured.
Weird the news never report on her, I know she died during lockdown but her story has been left untold.

• Sad
Reactions: 39

Belleboo

VIP Member
I wouldn't say JK Rowling has been cancelled at all. She is still massively successful with other projects and on the whole has the public support. She also isn't hiding away, quite the opposite. It's just a very loud and angry minority that are trying to cancel her.

Another Potter actor, Evanna Lynch, has come out and supported her.
I may be generalising here but it seems like the younger generations are more wanting to cancel her and the older ones make their own minds up.
My 18 year old autistic brother has agonised for over a year about giving his HP books away, we’ve had long conversations about it but as autistic people can do he has really focused on it and it has bothered him. He has a couple of trans friends and is on Twitter and I think he is repeating their views instead of forming his own.
I dare say there are a lot of younger people like him just listening to the outrage

• Angry
  • Sad

Affiliatemebaby

VIP Member
Criticising the government’s proposed policies or retweeting tweets that point out the similarity in the language being used by the Home Secretary to that of the 30s is not extreme. It’s a democratic right.

• Heart
  • Haha

Coniferhedge

Chatty Member
Mark Wahlberg is the one I’ll never understand not getting cancelled. It could be argued he was only a teenager at the time, but we’re not talking about telling a stupid joke or saying something racist on record which would be bad enough, but he actually assaulted black children and was charged with attempted murder of a Vietnamese man.

• Heart
  • Wow

House of Tea

VIP Member
It would seem Jermaine Defoe’s ex wife has hand enough of being taunted by his current squeeze… she posted these on her Insta 😮
I have no idea who this lot, but assume the male is a football player. But the taunting side piece needs to bear that old saying, if he does it with you, he will do it to you.

• Heart

Harlot O'Scara

VIP Member
Ones that annoy me are Melanie Sykes, Kelly Brook and Kirstie Gallagher - all got handsy with their male parters but this conveniently gets glossed over cos some moronic men find them fit.

All are domestic abusers
People are quite quick to shrug off or even defend abuse by women.

Domestic abusers of any gender rarely get their proper comeuppance.

Sean Connery bragged about abusing women and everybody just shrugged it off.

Brad Pitt's attack on Angelina Jolie was well documented and nobody cares.

Emma Roberts got off scott free.

Chris Brown almost killed Rihanna and abused Karreuche Tran (and carried out a homophobic attack on Frank Ocean) but he's still headlining shows, winning awards and being defended and celebrated by the likes of Kelly Rowland.

Countless athletes have attacked their wives/girlfriends but they're back on the court/field/pitch ASAP because they make people money.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38

girlinbrum

VIP Member
Reginald D Hunter gives me the ick. Saw him at Glee Club where he did a joke about raping his own daughter and even started undoing his pants as the audience booed him.

• Wow
  • Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 38

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Butting in with an Antoine De Caunes fact.

If you have the chance to see the John Paul Gaultier Fashion Freak Show (you should, it's amazing!), then you'll see Antoine pop up in a video segment, dressed as Queen Elizabeth II, supping tea and sneering at Gaultier's fashions. It's a great throwback to their Eurotrash days.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
'Heavy handed overreaction' ? 🤣 he’s a sports presenter not a politician. We don’t want to hear his views.

The BBC have tiptoed around him too long and haven’t even sacked him.

comparing the government to a regime that killed mass millions is utterly wrong. Still it was only the Jews Eh!
And you don't have to hear his views if you don't want to ... he didn't say it in the middle of MOTD he said it on his personal social media account. If it wasn't for the furore I'd have never have known what he posted.

The BBC and Government really need to get acquainted with the Barbra Streisand effect ...

What is the Streisand effect? The Streisand effect is a name for the phenomenon in which attempts to hide, censor, or prevent access to something have the opposite result—the unintended consequence of drawing far more attention to that thing.

• Heart

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
Absolutely but she’s not free from the consequences of doing so. When your views alienate people then you’re gonna start finding yourself in limited company and with less opportunities. She’s still getting work though so I don’t think she’s in any danger of being left in poverty anytime soon.
What should be the consequences of believing women have vaginas?
---
I don't condone her antisemitism whatsoever, but gender critical views aren't the same thing.

• Angry

HaloGirl

VIP Member
We discussed a lot in the last thread. Greggs still haunts us. Some of us remember Atlantic 252. Sinitta and Sinatra are twins and how you have your bacon roll! Carry on!

• Haha

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Pig ugly inside and outside. Gopping when fat and gopping now slim.
I don’t know what gopping means but presumably it’s a relevant negative word for him

The way he laid into Nicola from Girls Aloud’s looks was nasty as well as she was only about 16/17 at the time. Like he can call out somebody’s looks

• Sad
  • Haha

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I felt quite emotional, that will never happen again. A lot of it was unrehearsed. He asked Judi to do some Shakespeare and she was thrown. She did a sonnet. Maureen Lipman and Harriet Walter wrote poems, seriously clever ones. Sheila Hancock came out of hospital yesterday, with pneumonia. She was a bit croaky but her usual irreverent self. Great blow dry! Patricia Routledge was frail on her feet but not in responses. Floella sang with no accompaniment. She had such confidence.
I can't think of Floella Benjamin without thinking of Play School. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
I also have v weak dog walking adjacent tea, similar to the Sheila Hancock tea a few pages back. A couple of years ago we were sitting on our local beach (Dorset) next to a chap who had a very friendly lurcher who kept coming over for a chat. ‘Sorry’ he says. ‘We like dogs’ we say. Therein follows a desultory dog-related chat, then he leaves.

‘Was that Keith Allen’ says me to Mr Allflights.
‘Yes’ says Mr Allflights. ‘Nice dog’.

• Haha

Miss Begotten

VIP Member
I can’t stand Linekar but I’m with him here. What he said is irrelevant it’s the heavy handed overreaction which confirms to me my long held view that the Beeb are right wing scum. When people are losing jobs for a comment against the government the UK is turning into 1984.
Yup.
Particularly when you compare the treatment of Lineker to Fiona Bruce, who last night on Question Time utterly minimised the wife beating shitbag Stanley Johnson breaking his wife’s nose. But then Bruce has form for being a Tory mouthpiece.
Nice to see Ian Wright and Alan Shearer backing Lineker.

• Heart
  • Wow

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
Reginald D Hunter gives me the ick. Saw him at Glee Club where he did a joke about raping his own daughter and even started undoing his pants as the audience booed him.
Eeuww that reminds me of a horrible routine Phil Jupitus did about imagining his 16 year old daughter 'spreadeagled' on her bed while her boyfriend 'did her'.

• Sick
  • Wow