Secret Celebrity Gossip #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I miss Scott Mills on radio 1, I can’t stand his replacements Dean and Vicky who are all about in jokes and giggling together. They don’t include the audience at all. I might be one of the people actually switching over the radio 2!

Reactions: 14
No sympathy for Ken Bruce.

He’s recorded a trailer for his new show on Boomer FM or wherever he’s going which is due to start airing next week. He can’t have his cake and eat it.
Boomer FM? Seriously? He’s going to GHR.

It’s obvious that he went before he was pushed.

Reactions: 11
As much as I love Ken, I can see why they've cut his notice period short - it's a weird situation with him doing loads of press for his new station whilst still presenting on radio 2. The bbc probably should have let him know earlier, but maybe they thought there would be more of a grace period before he was announced as a presenter somewhere else

The BBC don't seem to be very good at letting people go in general though, but tbf, Ken chose to quit and he has a shiny new job for more probably way more money so I'm sure he'll be absolutely fine 😆

Reactions: 18
To this day, I would ride Antoine De Caunes like a seaside donkey.

True fact: thanks to my raging hormonal lust for him, I managed to get a pretty smashing grade in French and ended up working for a wee while in Brussels for the EU.

I’ve had some wine so will likely delete this in the morning but rest assured that AdC + my teenage hormones = good cyber security between the UK and the EU for a wee while.
I’m right there with you! Fell in love with Antoine way back in the Rapido days and still madly in love with him to this day. He’s aged very well! 😍

Reactions: 18
The Beeb seem to be trying to heard their radio demographics God knows where. 6 Music definitely don’t appear to want their loyal listenership most of the time.

Reactions: 6
I’d have thought they’d have built gardening leave into contracts, surprised they didn’t and he’s advertising a new job/station

Reactions: 9
I actually don’t mind Vernon Kaye as a presenter and he’s good when he stands in for Zoe Ball. It could have been a lot worse, but if they’re really chasing a younger audience choosing a 48 year old doesn’t make much sense.

Reactions: 15
I actually don’t mind Vernon Kaye as a presenter and he’s good when he stands in for Zoe Ball. It could have been a lot worse, but if they’re really chasing a younger audience choosing a 48 year old doesn’t make much sense.
I don’t think they are chasing a much younger audience. It’s clear they are after those who are outgrowing radio 1 and are used to presenters they grew up with there, Zoe, Scott, Jo and now Vernon have all come across as familiar names and voices who invoke a bit of nostalgia. Essentially humans like the familiar

Reactions: 29
I also had a thing for Antoine de Caunes back in the Eurotrash days - although I think I was far too young to watch it!

Reactions: 16
The Beeb seem to be trying to heard their radio demographics God knows where. 6 Music definitely don’t appear to want their loyal listenership most of the time.
I can see the logic in the radio 2 changes over the long term, but the 6music ones baffle me a bit. I love the music but getting rid of most of their funny, entertaining presenters has made it a bit boring and pretentious now

Reactions: 6
I must be one of the few people not sorry to see the back of both Sue Barker and Steve Wright. I love my tennis and watch Wimbledon religiously every year but despite of Sue Barker not because of her. She won’t be missed in my house (even if that does put me at risk of incurring the wrath of Cliff!😂). And Steve Wright’s show was just sounding really old to me, it had lost its shine. I’m actually loving Scott Mills in that slot, he’s making my work afternoons much more fun.

I will riot if Huw and Clive go anywhere though!
I used to turn Steve off,I found him cringey. I didn’t expect to like Scott as much as I do. He seems to have settled into it more

Reactions: 8
I don’t think they are chasing a much younger audience. It’s clear they are after those who are outgrowing radio 1 and are used to presenters they grew up with there, Zoe, Scott, Jo and now Vernon have all come across as familiar names and voices who invoke a bit of nostalgia. Essentially humans like the familiar
don’t forget Sara and Chris Evans, although he’s moved on again
I really hope Chris Moyles doesn’t appear on Radio 2. He was the reason I switched over.

I don’t mind Vernon but one of the things I like about Ken is his musical knowledge. They seem to want personalities rather than music experts

Reactions: 12
I can see the logic in the radio 2 changes over the long term, but the 6music ones baffle me a bit. I love the music but getting rid of most of their funny, entertaining presenters has made it a bit boring and pretentious now
There’s so much talk now - all very earnest as well. Interviews. Listener engagement. For a music based station they don’t half read out a lot of Tweets from listeners. And they say BBC Radio 6 music a lot and BBC Sounds. Obsessed with branding.

I don’t love the music they’re championing these days - but at least I am aware of new stuff to have an opinion I suppose. This year’s festival is so light it’s lol.

Reactions: 5
To this day, I would ride Antoine De Caunes like a seaside donkey.

True fact: thanks to my raging hormonal lust for him, I managed to get a pretty smashing grade in French and ended up working for a wee while in Brussels for the EU.

I’ve had some wine so will likely delete this in the morning but rest assured that AdC + my teenage hormones = good cyber security between the UK and the EU for a wee while.
I'm so in that q too, I've just had a lusty goog of him to remind me of his cuteness and my ovaries kicked into action pronto, what is it about him, the eyes very cheeky, clever, the accent, wears a good cut of the jib, ooohhh my, quite the silver fox now, bet that beard tickles ;)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.