Secret Celebrity Gossip #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also had a thing for Antoine de Caunes back in the Eurotrash days - although I think I was far too young to watch it!
I probably wouldn't have said no either, but I was a very hormonal bisexual boy at the time, so I wouldn't have said no to very much 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Grace Dent looks hungover to hell on Saturday kitchen.

I really like her, though!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I never listened to Radio 1 growing up. I can remember my mum listening to Simon Bates and DLT in the car when I was little but that was about it. It was always about the local independent station for me and my peers. The DJ’s were proper local celebrities and they’d do regular roadshows which always drew big crowds. They’d have a phone in request show at night and you were seen as really cool if you go on that and did a shout out to your mates, which I did twice 😂 maybe that was just around here though? No one listened to R1!

Reactions: 13
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
She’s sober these days.

I think she has lost a lot of weight through anxiety (parental care and deaths).

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Never used to like Grace Dent but just watched her on a week’s worth of House of Games, and she came across so well.

Reactions: 8
Discussing converting whilst sipping a beer. Sure.
I knew a guy that a met a girl from Iran and converted. Didn't think it would last five minutes as he drank and smoked heavily, often solo. Amazingly, over 20 years later they're still married, he's sober and doesn't smoke with a good job. I think he just needed something to encourage him to want to give up.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I never listened to Radio 1 growing up. I can remember my mum listening to Simon Bates and DLT in the car when I was little but that was about it. It was always about the local independent station for me and my peers. The DJ’s were proper local celebrities and they’d do regular roadshows which always drew big crowds. They’d have a phone in request show at night and you were seen as really cool if you go on that and did a shout out to your mates, which I did twice 😂 maybe that was just around here though? No one listened to R1!
Ooh that’s a good point, it was the same when I was growing up, the local radio station was the “cool” one. It was really good as well, fun presenters and lots of laughs.

Does anyone remember Atlantic 252? When I was a kid it seemed like such an edgy radio station! 😆

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Oh dear,the days of the lovely David Jacobs has truly gone.😔
Oh I used to love his big band show late on Sundays, so much new stuff to come across. This is one of the mistakes I think the BBC is making with radio: music doesn't have to always be newly released, we can discover more things that are new to us in a greater variety of genres on different types of shows.

Reactions: 9
Just been on a Grace Dent rabbit hole. This is a recent podcast with James Norton. This guy is just draw droppingly gorgeous and bloody nice with it.

---
Oh I used to love his big band show late on Sundays, so much new stuff to come across. This is one of the mistakes I think the BBC is making with radio: music doesn't have to always be newly released, we can discover more things that are new to us in a greater variety of genres on different types of shows.
My dad used to listen to this dreary show on Radio 2 with Benny Green. I used to find it so depressing, his delivery so flat and dreary. And the music was obviously not to my taste - Sarah Vaughn, Ella Fitzgerald, Nat King Cole, jazz and crooning, musicali. But now I am knocking on, if I want to feel comforted I play that genre of music. I like listen to the music of my heyday, older stuff, and current stuff.

Reactions: 14
Ooh that’s a good point, it was the same when I was growing up, the local radio station was the “cool” one. It was really good as well, fun presenters and lots of laughs.

Does anyone remember Atlantic 252? When I was a kid it seemed like such an edgy radio station! 😆
OMG yes! Was way cooler than Radio One! They used to play it in the local shop but I could never get it in my home stereo for some reason despite many attempts to find it😂 the jingle always said ‘Long Wave Radio Atlantic 252’. That has proper brought back memories!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Or there’s people like me who are quite happy stuck in a rut listening to the stuff we loved in our younger days! 😂 I’m a proper 90s girl so I think that’s why I’m loving Scott Mills at the moment. It’s pretty much all he plays!

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.