Secret Celebrity Gossip #107

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh that’s a good point, it was the same when I was growing up, the local radio station was the “cool” one. It was really good as well, fun presenters and lots of laughs.

Does anyone remember Atlantic 252? When I was a kid it seemed like such an edgy radio station! 😆
Some of the djs had silly names like Dusty Rhodes, Robin Banks, Rick O'Shea. Was based in co Meath apparently.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Or there’s people like me who are quite happy stuck in a rut listening to the stuff we loved in our younger days! 😂 I’m a proper 90s girl so I think that’s why I’m loving Scott Mills at the moment. It’s pretty much all he plays!
That’s exactly why I like him too 😍

Reactions: 3
Talking of pop quizes, I found this guy is uploading an episode a day of the 80s Pop Quiz! David Grant looks older then than now.
Aw I used to love that!

Always watched in the hope that members of Queen would be on 🤭

When Roger Taylor was on and didn't know the answers, he always seemed to say it was because he was on tour when it (whatever it was) was happening :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Some of the djs had silly names like Dusty Rhodes, Robin Banks, Rick O'Shea. Was based in co Meath apparently.
Robin Banks has been on another station since then. I want to say Absolute Radio but might be wrong. That’s another really good staton BTW.

Reactions: 7
Robin Banks has been on another station since then. I want to say Absolute Radio but might be wrong. That’s another really good staton BTW.
I have really vague memories of him being on a Scottish radio station called something like Beat 106? He used to do crank calls and phoned into the Tiger Tim show on Clyde 1. Think he ripped the piss out him big time 😬 They tried to set up a proper radio rivalry between the two stations but I genuinely don't think listeners cared 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I might start listening to R2 now, am growing out of R1 at the age of 43 lol, I love Greg James and Jordan & Vick are OK too, but really miss Chris & Scott so much!! And as much as I love Roman Kemp I do get annoyed that Chris is a bit part player on there, he needs his own show. Haven't heard Scott on R2 cos am too lazy to change "fave" settings on car radio but will give it a listen.
---
Anyone from Birmingham remember BRMB? It was all we listened to growing up.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I will miss Ken Bruce :cry:

Hell, I am so old I miss Sing Something Simple and Charlie Chester!! 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Atlantic 252 !
Pretty much the only radio station I could get in my battered VW back in the day !

Reactions: 16
I used to listen to Laser radio in the mid 80s. Broadcast from a ship near radio Caroline. It was short lived but had the stereotypical American dj Charlie wolf and I think it signed off each night with when you wish upon a star.

Reactions: 4
I used to listen to Laser radio in the mid 80s. Broadcast from a ship near radio Caroline. It was short lived but had the stereotypical American dj Charlie wolf and I think it signed off each night with when you wish upon a star.
Omg I forgot about Laser radio!
I used to listen to Pat & Mick Hot Rockin’ on Capital FM. 😆

Reactions: 3
I knew a guy that a met a girl from Iran and converted. Didn't think it would last five minutes as he drank and smoked heavily, often solo. Amazingly, over 20 years later they're still married, he's sober and doesn't smoke with a good job. I think he just needed something to encourage him to want to give up.
I know quite a few Asian guys that drink and smoke,one man down road to me,used to hide behind a bin outof his pocket he got a quarter bottle of scotch and swigged it,elderly man,the bins belong to factory next door,he lived with his family.

Reactions: 6
Omg I forgot about Laser radio!
I used to listen to Pat & Mick Hot Rockin’ on Capital FM. 😆
I remember Pat & Mick as a duo from their brief pop career in the late 80s. I obviously knew who Pat Sharp was as he presented a couple of editions of TOTP but mostly from Fun House but didn't have a clue who Mick was. I think that applied to the vast majority of the country who didn’t live in the Capital FM area

I couldn’t stand listening to Steve Wright when I was a kid and he was on Radio 1 so him leaving Radio 2 was a bonus (left Radio 1 when Chris Moyles left although Zoe Ball and the idiot traffic bloke she has do try my patience a lot). Have welcome med Scott Mills and really liking the afternoons with him and Sara. Am hoping the mornings will improve now that Ken is leaving (although not keen on Vernon). Appreciate a lot of you seem to like Ken but I’ve always found him a cringy turn off.

Reactions: 2

Nooooooo,nooo I used to call it sing something sinful,I was only a kid then.Loved everything before that,fab radio.Round the Horn,Navy Lark.Sunday dinner time.Jean Metcalfe Family Favourites,awww so lovely,lots of requests from abroad from soldiers.

• Heart

Oh my Christ, I’m triggered! 😂 Was it on Sundays? I have memories of the dreary Sing Something Simple jingle starting, Mum stood doing the ironing, and me getting the awful feeling of dread that it was school tomorrow!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.