Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

shellie

VIP Member
there’s cashing in and then there is just scalping fans. This is a dedicated Star Wars event that’s extremely expensive to attend in the first place and the autograph pricing is higher than when some of the guests appear at regular conventions. Signatures used to be fairly reasonable for fans, Carrie Fisher for example was £80, but £210? Nope.
Reselling isn’t so much of an issue as fans will be able to request a mail in signature here for the same price. that’s done at a lot of conventions now to stop the problem.
I'd get charging that if it was Carrie, Mark, or Harrison as they are/were Star Wars. Hayden...while he wasn't the worst actor out of the middle trilogy and didn't deserve the backlash he got, this isn't gonna help his case.

Reactions: 2

thegirlscout

VIP Member
the puck news article that just dropped about it makes it even cringier too:

“Belloni states that it's "pretty clear" at this point that To Leslie director Michael Morris, his wife Mary McCormack, Riseborough's manager Jason Weinberg, and others directly involved in the campaign, "broke or stretched beyond credulity those rules about harassing-sorry, lobbying-members via emails and calls.

Belloni calls out the perception that this campaign was "grassroots" and "organic" and says that McCormack knew directing an Oscar nominated performance would benefit her husbands bourgeoning film career greatly (To Leslie is Morris's first feature film after decades of directing TV) and so she went overboard.

Belloni exchanged texts with two separate reps of actors who posted about Riseborough and the film on social media the week of Oscar voting. The reps told him that their clients, "were contacted over and over again, with pleas to watch the movie, attend a screening, host a screening, post on social, etc. One [actor] said they were invited to McCormack and Morris's home several times for events/screenings, even though they've never met.”

i know everyone campaigns and networks and tries to charm the voters but 😬
---

aw man that’s what i was gonna bring 😭
Even Cate Blanchett called out Andrea Riesborough in her acceptance speech

I was out shopping today and an elderly lady came over cooing at the baby. She told me her brother is a billionaire, very famous man and touring the world currently. Said he was in Australia at the minute and married a thai lady. Proceeded to tell me about how he takes no messing and beats his wife and she is sly so deserves it. Wouldn't tell me his name, why he was touring etc but did say he was in a wheelchair. I thought this is bullshit this but she was dripping in jewellery and designer gear. She reminded me of the granny from the Catherine tate show with all her confidence!! If anyone does know who he is though, I'd love to clip him over the head. Or if anyone has had any experience of this lady in North Wales and its bull, please do confirm 😂
I first thought it could be Phil Collins. I don't think he's welsh though.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
When has Rihanna ever simulated getting pissed on/in her mouth? Please. You can be critical and find someone disgusting, whilst also accepting that they're plus size and lgbt.
I don’t think it’s supposed to be simulating piss.. that’s what I’ve read on Twitter..

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
View attachment 1923150
Ok I’m just going to assume every actress has had their nose done. It feels like it’s a prerequisite. And eyelid surgery.
Gosh I wish I could get eyelid surgery. And a nose job, mine is awful!
Oh ffs. She looked like herself before. Now, like a lot of others.

I feel bad for Andrea Riseborough, the articles refer to ‘her campaign’ but I haven’t heard much of her doing anything.

HaloGirl

VIP Member
My brain is still in 2005 with regards to Arsenal players so this took a google. He does like to Partey.
Interestingly he seems to have been removed from the arsenal website despite having played at the weekend.

And sadly I don't think they are the same people in each story. I don't know why I'm always surprised by the amount of dirtbags out there.

I'm not saying it's any of these, I'm just listing sporting stars who have been on prime time TV so it shows how pointless it is to guess without knowing the ins and outs of their lives. Honestly, I don't think it's any of these. Or at least I can't imagine it. I think it's someone on the younger side. And I left Harry Redknapp out despite him being a true prime time TV star these days.

-Phil Tuffnel
-Matt Dawson
-Linekar
-Danny Murphy
-Alan Sherar
-Ian Wright
-Jermaine Jenas
-Micha Richards
-Freddie Flintoff
-Jamie Redknapp
-Frankie Detorie
-Anthony Joshua
-Ian Botham
-Mark Ramperkash
-Darren Gough
-Robbie Savage
-Louis smith
-Gavin Henson
-Joe Calzage (sp?)
-Wayne Bridge
-Kieron Dyer
-Razor Ruddock
-Fashnu
-Bullard
-Wise

Side note: Harry Redknapp should do celebrity bake off.

Edit: I didn't look into where they live or their relationship history or anything like that. People here will know more than I do about that sort of thing.
You have been busy. Under midfielders, Partey is still there but under Thomas.

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member
Could be the same person here?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-player-bail-extended-29066809

Edit: I know that it just says sporting personality and not sports player etc but it's not McGuinness. He's not a sporting star. He hosts a sports show but he's not involved in sports in any way shape or form. Also to my knowledge he doesn't have any previous legal troubles. I know we don't like him but we can't blame him for everything 😆

Or maybe we can. Oi, Paddy, sort my gas bill out!
It does specifically say in the poisoning the partner article that the allegations does not involve rape or sexual assault

“There is no suggestion any rape or sexual offence took place.” So it can’t be the same person involved in that who is involved in the article that you’ve linked to

Serene Serena

VIP Member
Not sure. Still listed on IMDB as one of his projects.

He was sacked from Waterloo Rd about 10 years ago, and was an unexpected no show for series 3 Ackerly Bridge in 2020, which was when he said he hit the drugs hard. Maybe he has got back on track.
I hope so. He does look thin but years of drug abuse will do that to someone, it doesn't necessarily mean he's still using.

Beavana

VIP Member
Photo of Freddie in the daily mail yesterday, through windscreen so can barely make him out. Hope he's ok 🤞💪

• Angry

Flowerpotgirl

VIP Member
My mum died in November of lung cancer, but it was small cell type that's genetic (something turned on a dodgy gene). It is surprisingly common (lung cancer) with women. My mum was diagnosed at stage 4, and told even if the month before they'd have never found it! She lived longer than they expected (she was almost 80 when she died). Diagnosed in May 2021, and they expected she'd not live long after Xmas 2021.

As for the truth on Childline, I don't know, it opens a lot of cans of worms regarding child abuse.
Was the Childline thing the abuse in boarding schools?

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Hang on to it. My older brother received it as a present in the early 90s, and it is in perfect condition still, with that foil wrapping and everything. Will be worth a few quid when she croaks, which at the rate she’s going, is probably any day now...
I'm not sure I've still got it tbh. If I have, it's stuffed in the loft somewhere and definitely not pristine.

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Theoretically it could, if it involved a different person.
Yes it could be- different cases. It seems the 'sporting star' has other cases against him. But I don't think they are the same person for other reasons- mainly that the footballer in the star article is possibly not a household name.

You so beat me to that quote!
One of the best comedy gigs I've ever been too, lots of his stuff is still referenced in this house, song for peace is sung often 😂 Reminds me, I've still not seen season 2 of Upright.
There’s a second series of Upright? Thanks for the heads up, I LOVE that programme!!!!

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
His views on feminism are absurd. He argued that women who don't want to be sexually harassed but wear makeup are "hypocritical", has argued that - "the idea that women were oppressed throughout history is an appalling theory" (because apparently he hasn't got the remotest understanding of history). He called Frozen (yes, the disney film about ice princesses) "reprehensible propaganda" for challenging traditional gender roles. He's even argued that feminists 'crave' male violence.

He's a nutter in many ways - he went on a carnivore diet (heavy meat, little vegetables), and had a mental breakdown from having a sip of cider (yeah, idk, don't ask me wtf is going on there).

I'm barely scratching the surface, but as mentioned above, he's really unstable and bursts into tears every 5 seconds in interviews nowadays, usually when men are mentioned or criticised, which is funny considering how much money he's made from criticising feminism.

Good place to get an understanding of his craziness is the Rational Wiki.
He sounds really insecure and maybe has an eating disorder. It’s so strange, I’ve seen lots of different women go to his talks and say they like him, I’ve seen women who used to be ‘on the left’ be interviewed by him, there just seems to be this appeal he has to different demographics and I’m not sure why, he doesn’t sound that nice!