Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

WaWooWeeWa

Chatty Member
Yes agree with you. I don’t know if I entirely agree that CR is a rapist, the major goss on him being that he’s gay. Did read back in the day that the “rapist” accusation was in fact to make the public think of him as a testosterone-mad, “masculine-y personified“, ‘look at meeee I’m can rape women with impunity’ kinda stud. Nope. Definitely gay.
It might just be that he has a *powerful* case of Gay Face (Tom Cruise has similar structure), but yeah Ronaldo has never struck me as a heterosexual individual. Plus he was in a long relationship with Irina Shayk, aka Beard to the Stars, known most recently for having Bradley Cooper's baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 1

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Actors are don't have nepo babies ... they have dynasties :ROFLMAO:

Lots of actors follow their parents footsteps. I suppose it's no different to a son following his dad into being plumber or a doctors daughter becoming a doctor.

I don't really care as long as they're talented and work at their profession. It's the Brooklyn Beckhams or the Iris and Raff Laws of this world that do my head in.
Iris Law was doing a ‘get read with me’ on French Vogue and a) she’s not a French vogue girl and b) she has slits in both her eyebrows. All the comments were positive too!

Some of her music was really good! But you’re right, she has so much bad press that there is no longevity in her music.
See she’s joined OnlyFans.
I saw that! And it looks like she’s really invested. Sunk a load of cash into promo videos, etc. I imagine she’ll do really well. Kipper and Jodie, take note!

Sandyclaws

VIP Member
He sounds really insecure and maybe has an eating disorder. It’s so strange, I’ve seen lots of different women go to his talks and say they like him, I’ve seen women who used to be ‘on the left’ be interviewed by him, there just seems to be this appeal he has to different demographics and I’m not sure why, he doesn’t sound that nice!

Not comparing JP to Hitler, but everyone is always astounded how he rose to power.
Apparently he was a brilliant speaker and communicator (not the content of the speeches obviously 🤮🤮) but he was meant to really engage an audience.

I'm not one to follow the crowd, so I'm not sure how effective it would have been for me, but it clearly worked with enough people to put a structure in place

Tangerine Cat

VIP Member
I love Eva Green as an actress but she's coming across really badly in her lawsuit at this point.
Yes I read about that earlier. She sounds a nasty bit of work calling everyone names on WhatsApp chats, and now she’s in the dock being questioned she keeps saying “I’m French“…… ”it’s just a language thing, I’m French”.

Sounds like she'll win because of that clause in her contract, but I hope she finds it difficult to get more work until she changes her attitude.

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Just had an email announcing new guests for a Star Wars thing I’m attending in April. Hayden Christensen would like £210 for his autograph.
I laughed.
I saw a few of the guest line up. £210 when at comicons he’s around the £140/150 mark. Jason Momoa is more famous than him and his auto was around the £75/80 mark at LFCC what a joke.

I paid £65 for Lando’s signature. He’s way better than Hayden!
---

The prices are insane, I know people going and they're charging £125 for voice actors in a cartoon! Hayden Christensen is really popular with lots of SW fans these days, I know he wasn't back in the day,but he is now, so I'm not surprised he's expensive, he'll sell out regardless, but it's obscene and definitely exploits fans. I know someone who met him at a previous convention who said he was absolutely lovely, I'm sure he's a nice guy, but of course he was lovely, the stars get most of the cash, the organisers take a percentage. I'd be nice for £200 a greeting!
---

It's wildly popular and lots of fans of sci fi stuff are obsessed with collecting autographs and stuff. Dr Who is the one I puzzle over. I'm a bit of a Star Wars geek, but I don't get the meeting actors thing.
me and my partner were into the whole craze for two years. After Covid I couldn’t Do it. We’ve met some amazing people. Got quite a few autographs along the way.
---

I’ve never been into the fandom for anything so I inherently can’t understand paying for someone’s autograph. That said Hayden has barely worked since the prequels, his much-vaunted reappearance on Obi Wan amounted to thirty seconds of screen time, and he’s apparently had major mental health issues to boot. My guess is he needs the money and he’s willing to exploit the newfound goodwill/sympathy people have for him to get it. Those movies ruined his life, I can’t bring myself to judge.
Depending on what you get autographed it can fetch you a good amount in the future. I don’t know if you’ve heard of funko pops but there is a Stan Lee one signed and authenticated so it’s legit you’re talking £900/1000 as of now.

Last edited:

Mark81

VIP Member
It's fairness though. You can't pick and choose who you reinterview

Plus sometimes long running members of staff can be the biggest problems

Falkor

VIP Member
Could be the same person here?

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league-player-bail-extended-29066809

Edit: I know that it just says sporting personality and not sports player etc but it's not McGuinness. He's not a sporting star. He hosts a sports show but he's not involved in sports in any way shape or form. Also to my knowledge he doesn't have any previous legal troubles. I know we don't like him but we can't blame him for everything 😆

Or maybe we can. Oi, Paddy, sort my gas bill out!
Think the player in this link is Mason Greenwood, just been announced in the last hour that all charges against him have been dropped.

Mark81

VIP Member
Absolutely, I agree, which is why I said "out and gay". He should be able to do whatever he likes behind closed doors (consensually, of course) and carry on in his chosen career. It was more the inference that sexuality implies what testosterone levels you may have or perceived manliness that made me bristle.
Ah I see

Cupid_Stunt

VIP Member

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
Generally, you don't have to pay anyone just to perform a song, but for other uses whoever legally holds the rights has to be paid. I assume it's ironed out on a case by case basis in the contracts of sale.

Obviously, Bieber has only sold his interests. Other parties like songwriters and producers will still own whatever they did before.
Ahh, thanks Scarlet.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I do apologise. It looks like I posted in haste and she wasn't on the runway just front row .... give it time though 😆
aw that’s okay! i’d seen her at the show and it absolutely wouldn’t have surprised me 🤣 like you say, it’s only a matter of time!

• Haha

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
Being besties with Cristiano is a red flag, what with him being a rapist and all.
JP just sounds like a massive headache, would be exhausting to know him.
I find it interesting that a lot of his male demographic are ‘traditional’ men yet those who follow his daughter have no problems with her having surgery or fillers to her face and defend her when she says it’s just a camera angle. I wonder if it was a woman they didn’t like if they would be replying the same way.
Yes agree with you. I don’t know if I entirely agree that CR is a rapist, the major goss on him being that he’s gay. Did read back in the day that the “rapist” accusation was in fact to make the public think of him as a testosterone-mad, “masculine-y personified“, ‘look at meeee I’m can rape women with impunity’ kinda stud. Nope. Definitely gay.

CR does have like 500 MILLION followers on IG, so I hardly think he’s a “red flag”. More like, one of the most influential men in the world whether you like it or not.

One thing I do laud JP for is highlighting the increasingly popularity of the MAID program in Canada. Basically anyone can just off themselves if they feel like it, and the government are increasingly encouraging it. Very sinister and wrong. Coming to the UK soon??

His daughter is an annoying airhead, Nepo Baby, jumping on his coattails. Nothing of substance or value. Snore.