Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
You so beat me to that quote!
One of the best comedy gigs I've ever been too, lots of his stuff is still referenced in this house, song for peace is sung often 😂 Reminds me, I've still not seen season 2 of Upright.
We like take your canvas bags to the supermarket - especially in summer in front of the fan 😂😂. Sorry for derailing!

• Haha
Reactions: 6

Salted Caramel

VIP Member
It came from Jack's insistence she could "triangulate" the trolls (her critics) and used to be a red triangle, used when a poster would give identifying information about themselves, but when a poster couldn't spot the triangle she substituted with a watermelon and the rest is history.
Thank you my darling. That seems so fitting for the Jack thread. Not been there long but it's all so random and hilarious. I particularly enjoyed the mods telling everyone off this week!

• Heart
  • Haha

blueberriesarenice

I did notice that right under that story was a weird headline about NFL player tom Brady “spiking his marriage” but that’s not U.K. relevant.. probably just a coincidence/poor wording.

childofthe70s

VIP Member
I can’t bear her either. She prizes looking like a geriatric blow up doll over her intelligence, that makes her a bimbo in my book.
A proud member of the nines club (she got third class honours results in each of their three years of her degree). For me whilst she's intelligent, she's another that it's in our face she went to Cambridge and is more intelligent than you or me).

rivermonster

VIP Member
The exaggerated flashing of the wedding ring made me lol! He was already married right, he's just confirming the "turbulence" wasn't a marital breakup?
He was very close to Jamail Edwards who died about a year ago and Brenda Edwards, Jamails mother, has often said on Loose Women how closed Ed was to all the family and spent a lot of time with them after his death. Maybe this has something to do with it.

• Sad

LaBlonde

VIP Member
I kind of agree, it’s almost like being nominated for a Grammy for a cover version. The material is essentially there, you just need to impersonate it rather than create it from scratch.
i also kind of agree with this. there have been great biopics but they’re few and far between - rami malek winning for doing a bad freddie mercury impression is just another example of this. you’re not working from scratch like you say, you’re copying archive footage and mirroring someone else’s voice. there have been a few who deserved it (marion cotillard as edith piaf) for one, but i think you’re awarding “best impersonation” rather than “best acting” a lot of the time.

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Must admit I've never heard bearding rumours about Kylie, not sure where that's coming from. As for the Michael Hutchence thing, the media likes to imply he was the love of her life but Kylie is infamously circumspect about anything personal in interviews, she's never actually said it herself. It's just assumed.

Having years-long relationships doesn't sound like she's any sort of failure or weird person at all, to me. She was engaged to Paul Solomon (she's been engaged a few times, to be fair) so it must have been pretty serious at one point.There's no such thing as "the one". There's many who could be right for you, it's the finding them!

And, childofthe70s, just realised you mentioned the James Randi BBC4 doc in a comment right before I did, a few pages ago. I wonder about my reading comprehension sometimes (my excuse being I must have skim-read and wasn't feeling particularly perky when I replied at the time - getting over the cold and other things). Sorry!
Don't worry about it @lamaitresse - I am dyspraxic, and another forum I use (a history one), I'm forever missing out the odd word on my posts.

Regarding all the comments on being child free, I have never been able to have them, most people have never said anything to me except a gynae who assumed every thing...and said despite a less than 1% chance of having children "I may change my mind", 20 years later and nothing has changed except my gynae issues got worse! I did have a new colleague surprised I was single and child free (decided explaining about asexuality could wait another day).

• Heart

I'm that Diva

I understood what you meant, and I agree entirely with the point raised. Frumpy clever Carol is still clever Carol, she just looks like a sex doll now and comes out with bimbo type stuff like having 5 special friends to keep her satisfied. Then when she reveals she’s still incredibly intelligent and interesting on another level, people are taken aback.

Part of Adele’s charm was her failure to adhere to the norm for female singers, she wasn’t stick thin with fake tits and a waterfall of blonde hair. Lucy Spraggan, less famous, has done the same, no longer an ordinary woman with a guitar and a good voice, wearing jeans and a t shirt. She’s now very slim, with breast implants, long blonde hair with tight fitting tailored suits.

I wish famous women could be better role models. The Barbie doll look isn’t for everyone. The only singer who suits the look is the original and best Dolly Parton and it’s part of her act “it costs a lot of money to look this cheap!!” ❤
I saw a tik tok of Carole Vorderman yesterday where she is bent over and shaking her ass at the camera 🙄 she does that just after her eloquent speech about Rishi Sunaks hedge fund dealings. All the simps in the comments as well🤢

• Wow

EnjoyingTheShow

Chatty Member
I sold my sealed copy about 10 years ago for just under a grand. I probably should have held on to it but needed the money at the time.
Anyone would do the same, nothing wrong with that at all. Hope it helped you at the time.

Had a look on some of the auction sites, prices range from about 400 quid for just the book in a ‘used’ condition (no cover) and up to almost 2500 for the sealed book with cover and CD. An autographed version I saw was up to 5000, which imo, seems a bit low. Once she pops it will probably go up to 10k+.

Swarm_in_a_Tea_Cup

I've spent countless weeks getting up to date with you fabulous lot.

Anything on Ed Gamble and James Acaster? I think I'd cry if they're anything but angelic x

• Heart

SaLou

VIP Member
I wonder if she's a smoker? One time I saw her, I was struck my the cat's bum wrinkles around her mouth, and at the time, assumed it was because she was reputed to be a bad tempered harridan and was always pursing her lips in disgust.

I'm not an expert on any kind of cancer, but would lung cancer be life limiting at her age? Is it an illness one can live with for a certain length of time? I guess it depends on how symptomatic she is.

Will the truth about Childline come out when she no longer walks among us though?
Yes she used to be a smoker. Her cancer has spread so it doesn't look too good for her.

• Heart

L3moning

VIP Member
It does specifically say in the poisoning the partner article that the allegations does not involve rape or sexual assault

“There is no suggestion any rape or sexual offence took place.” So it can’t be the same person involved in that who is involved in the article that you’ve linked to
Theoretically it could, if it involved a different person.

I/e one perpetrator, two separate incidents and two separate victims.

LaBlonde

VIP Member
The only Oscar I’m interested in this year is if Brendan Fraser wins for The Whale.
colin farrell is probably his biggest competition but i think brendan has it in the bag. the sag awards will be the best indicator in a few weeks but it’s looking good (and he deserves it).