Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
I remember that one. It was quite a creepy episode! The 'possessed' student started talking like a child.
There was another interesting bit early on in the show (where he was exploring Victorian seance techniques and 'trance' states) where he had a student in a cubicle who threw out a tea tray or something. She genuinely believed she hadn't done it and denied doing so, when the proof was there that she had. She wasn't 'lying'- she just didn't 'see' how she could have done it. The mind is an amazing thing, without 'supernatural' factors even coming into it.

Reactions: 7

spookydooky

Chatty Member
What is up with all these ‘you’ll guess who it is’ stories appearing at the top of the DM? It’s SO weird. It was bloody Anthony Hutton from BB6 a couple of days ago.
So glad it's not just me who's noticed! You'll never guess who this is, yes I will because I have eyes.

• Haha

Restless Native

VIP Member
I'm catching up with the Great British Menu and Joe Sugg is a guest judge on it. He looks like a proper hobo. Also going for a Gareth Bale hairdo to hide the baldness. That is all

• Haha

childofthe70s

VIP Member
Regarding Derren Brown, I remember being shocked Andrew O'Connor was the executive producer (he also worked on Peep Show) as remember him on various quiz shows. However, later learnt he was The Young Magician of the Year in 1981!

Mark81

VIP Member
It's not surprise he is surprised, he was pretty much vilified for being a terrible choice at the time the prequels came out, and for years afterwards.

Chocolategoggler

VIP Member
My mum's in a care home and her rather noisy 'neighbour' in the next room passed away recently. The staff swear blind that he was still 'there' for a while. His chair was moving 'on its own', his music playing and so on. They don't usually say it about other residents who have passed on but he was a very strong character and probably left quite an imprint on everyone. Dunno. Mum was in hospital when he died but since she came back, has seen or heard nothing unusual- but she's not really a believer.

Having said that, my partner and I don't live together. We're just round the corner from each other and share a dog, who spends his time at both our homes. The other night, I heard the dog moving about like he normally does when he wants his late walk, which we all do together, to the point where I looked behind me and said 'OK, we're off out soon, mate!' Then I realized he was over at my partner's for the evening, (and, of course) very much still alive! I think my brain was imprinted with the sense that it was getting near walkies time, so maybe 'heard' the familiar noises that remind me. Like I said earlier, the mind is amazing.
My house has spirits? ghosts? Not sure what to call them. Neighbours got involved after something happened and a medium came round. She said some people are "sensitive" to them and others not. So visitors will either not bat an eyelid or else they will be looking round nervously asking me if the place is haunted. 😄

• Haha

Ennui

VIP Member
The new sculpture “ The Embrace” honouring Martin Luther King and Coretta Scott King in Boston. It cost $10 million! How is this money well spent? And you wouldn’t think that is MLK and his wife looking at it!
Well its one way to embrace someone I guess.

• Haha

Remotecontrol

VIP Member

Why? Why why why why do we have to see this?

Bring back the days of Cary Grant and others who not only dressed sharp but were down with behaving civilized in public.
I just love Cary Grant. Just seen they’re making a biopic series with Jason Isaacs

thegirlscout

VIP Member
There were many things wrong. The usual secretary hadn't typed them up or sent them on to the hospital. So people with symptoms of cancer for example may have been waiting to be seen, but were never seen as the usual secretary never referred them!
Oh that’s horrible! Such a terrible way to do things!

Nadia Vulvokov

Chatty Member
The exaggerated flashing of the wedding ring made me lol! He was already married right, he's just confirming the "turbulence" wasn't a marital breakup?
Lol well spotted with the ring, that was the first thing I thought too! Think he's been with his wife since school?

thenorthremembers

VIP Member
Uri Geller has been completely discredited though, he’s a fraud. Then again, Trump isn’t the sharpest knife in the drawer, so he’s probably easily fooled.

My friend’s son died suddenly a few years ago and she went to a spiritualist church for comfort and support. Someone there told her he ‘came through’ and said sorry mum, I didn’t mean to do it, it was an accident. They assumed he’d died by suicide when in fact he died of an undiagnosed blood cancer. She came away from the church more distressed than before.

Who was that famous medium who got exposed as a charlatan recently?
Was it not Sally Morgan?

Reactions: 6

Salacious

Chatty Member
i also kind of agree with this. there have been great biopics but they’re few and far between - rami malek winning for doing a bad freddie mercury impression is just another example of this. you’re not working from scratch like you say, you’re copying archive footage and mirroring someone else’s voice. there have been a few who deserved it (marion cotillard as edith piaf) for one, but i think you’re awarding “best impersonation” rather than “best acting” a lot of the time.
Yes. Daniel Day-Lewis was brilliant as Lincoln. I loved Julia Roberts in Erin Brockovich but was gutted Ellen Burstyn missed out on an Oscar. It was one of those years that both actresses deserved the win (Emily Watson for Breaking the Waves springs to mind, she was phenomenal! There were rumours she was black balled by Hollywood but she doesn't go after award-baity roles which makes sense when you look at her filmography. Prefers working on home-grown productions.)

• Heart
Reactions: 6