Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
I think the childline thing was more about identifying potential victims who wouldn’t be believed, and were from vulnerable backgrounds - therefore ripe to abuse and exploit more. I’m horrified at all these posters laughing and sneering about it to be honest.
My relative was in a children’s home in the 70’s and there were a few boys that were taken out on the evenings by men in suits- with the full cooperation of the staff. My uncle says they all lived in absolute fear of being ‘picked’ and would act as mouthy and wild as possible as they seemed to prefer the quiet ones.
I’m confused why people think this is beyond the realms of possibility, I guess you’re lucky it seems so ridiculous.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

Salted Caramel

Chatty Member
Caching up on the last thread. I worked in Harrods in the early 90s. My only real Al-Fayed gossip is that we knew he was coming on his walk round as we could hear the bagpipes leading him (yes, really). We were told not to look directly at him when he entered the department.

There were very strict rules about how women staff appeared, makeup and tights etc, no idea about the guys.

I served loads of celebs, by far the nicest was Kylie.

---

A lot of artists have been selling off all or part of their catalogues for large lump sums instead of continuous (but variable) income from royalties.

It's usually older artists, though, Bruce Springsteen being one. Tina Turner, I think, as well?
I've heard some worrying things about Tina Turner. Apparently she's very unwell. Would explain cashing in on her catalogue.

---

I was talking with my manager at lunch about celebs - she's met quite a few over the years due to family, particularly Scottish ones. She said Mike Scott of the Waterboys () was super lovely and sweet - made sure all the band got proper cuts of the music. The worst I know as 'the poisonous Irish dwarf' aka Van Morrison (she'd pinched his sandwich once), and said the nickname I heard through friends was very accurate.
Oh, Van Morris on is a notorious
cunt
. We dreaded him appearing at our venue, he was awful backstage and also very rude to audience members who were late etc.

Eta: haha, no idea how you blur a word, tried to do it with see you next Tuesday, and it's a spoiler which as a bit over dramatic. Do enlighten fellow Tattlers.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46

YogaKitty444

I agree. She only told the press about it when she was ready, and on her own terms, she seems so thoughtful and considerate.

Plus on chat shows she just seems like a really fun person. She got Matt Le Blanc to say ”how YOU doin” to her!

Her smile lights up an entire room.
I think she's beautiful and it comes from the inside.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44

sistersofpercy

VIP Member
Apparently Boris is cheating on Carrie (again). Wonder if she’ll pop out another kid to try and keep him? Silly cow for thinking he’d never do it to her 🙄
He must use Sex Panther or something. How to women find him in any way an attractive proposition. All the money in the world isn’t making that straw headed scarecrow shaggable.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 44

leviosa

Kim has spoken out about the funeral....
Really like Kim. I think she's pretty damaged and this often comes across as "difficult". When she perceives that she's being attacked, she goes on the massive offensive as a form of defence. I think people have used that to their advantage, a sort of "wind her up and watch her go" style.
Very often it seems she's the only one with the guts to tell people straight.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

dorydaryl

Chatty Member
Just chipping in on Childline and its origins. I remember what sparked it. I was an avid viewer of 'That's Life!', back in the day. In one of the more serious pieces, a mother wrote in with her daughter's story. Her daughter was systematically bullied and ended up taking her own life (either that, or I'm not sure if it was anorexia that killed her). The mother was desperate to address bullying and raise awareness, as she hadn't known just how bad the bullying had been. Red flags at school had been ignored and her daughter wasn't telling people. IIRC, it was diaries that her daughter (Catherine?) had kept that uncovered the extent of it but I could be wrong about that. It was a long time ago and pre-internet/ social media. The programme covered the story over several episodes. It was a very moving story and Rantzen and co. set up Childline as a means for children facing abuse of any kind to have an anonymous outlet to begin telling their stories. The intentions were good and honest. I really don't believe it was set up as a 'cover' of any kind. Having watched well-researched documentaries on Jimmy Savile and the like, it is easy to see how clever he was. He hoodwinked senior politicians, police and royalty. Vulnerable children didn't stand a chance, I'm not saying Rantzen couldn't have done much more to confront the matter when it came into her circle of awareness. However, systematic abusers can be very, very clever at what they do. Corruption can enter even the best of intentions but I seriously believe that the mindset behind Childline was to do good.

Reactions: 43

qwikti

Chatty Member
People have had issue with every explicit sexual video that's ever come out, so this whataboutism is moot to me. Miley was seen as an off-her-head nutter with issues when she went twerk mad, WAP was criticised left right and centre, Rihanna was called demonic and a slut.

I don't get why people are going right for the 'it's homophobia!' reaction, which I'm seeing plastered all over twitter - you make a provocative video, guess what? You provoke people, and they'll call you names. Gay, straight, black, white, thin, thick. Even Elvis got it in the neck for shaking his hips, so for goodness sake, simulating getting piss in your mouth is going to make people talk.

• Haha
Reactions: 42

JCMSadie

VIP Member
I loved Paul Nicholls in The Biz (stage school thing, I think...I think Billie Piper was in it too). Sad to hear his struggles.

RE Justin Hawkins - I always laugh at the awkwardness of Rita Ora creaming her pants over his character for weeks in the Masked Singer...and then backtracking like crazy when he took his mask off!

• Haha

Eureka

VIP Member
I despair when I see comments like this from other women (it's almost like something my mum would say)...
View attachment 1933755
Yeah, because all women are desperate to marry and it's all on a man's say-so..?

Kylie is famous, I'm sure also immensely rich, and has plenty of offers if things go sour. Maybe the relationships just fizzle out and she doesn't want to get involved in the legalities / messiness of divorce. I don't think there's "anything wrong" with her - she has the freedom most of us would love to have.
I’m happily married but if that relationship ended I don’t think I’d bother settling down again. At a certain age you get to a point where you are happy doing your own thing. She has a great career, friends, financial freedom….why does she need a husband? I’d say she has plenty of men she can call if she needs a shag too. Sounds pretty good to me.

• Heart

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Apart from Lisa Minnelli can anyone name a genuinely talented nepo baby?
ah come on there’s loads 🤣

jane fonda. nicolas cage. carrie fisher. daniel day-lewis. laura dern. mariska hartigay (for law and order fans). angelica huston. robert downey jnr. jamie lee curtis. that’s just off the top of my head.

the bad ones get a deservedly bad rep and the current generation isn’t great but i don’t think we can argue that absolutely none of them have any talent.

• Heart

Lauradianalou

the BBC absolutely knew all about Saville, I have said before that he had a BBC minder who travelled with him when doing that radio show Saville’s travels to stop him picking up young girls which clearly didn’t work. The man who told me worked at Broadmoor and said he was treated like a God there and had a master key to every area. This man clearly knew what a pervert he was but it was the management that revered him.
Jimmy Savile hit on my mum after she won a dancing competition at the Twisted Wheel in Manchester back in the 60's. He was all over her while she was waiting for her older brother to pick her up and take her home. My uncle was ready to knock him out when he saw him with his arm around her. My mum couldn't ever watch him on TV after that because it had really freaked her out and she dreaded to think what could have happened if my uncle hadn't turned up.

• Wow
  • Sad

rivermonster

VIP Member
I came in to mention this…I reckon thr DM have a lot of stuff on him; they’ve been hinting at it for years. Long before all the rehab/drink driving stuff happened.
And they were one of the worst for giving Lisa all the flack with the pics of her putting out the bins and other unflattering photo plus all the stuff about her getting 30million pay off as if she had been sat on her backside all their marriage whilst he flogged himself to death to provide her with the lifestyle she had become used to.

• Heart
Reactions: 41

qwikti

Chatty Member
When has Rihanna ever simulated getting pissed on/in her mouth? Please. You can be critical and find someone disgusting, whilst also accepting that they're plus size and lgbt.

surlook

VIP Member
Interesting article in the Daily Mail this morning.

I have a really hard time with how he was let away with everything he did. I don't have any interest in watching them any more. Dec was grand on his own - well I know he had cohosts like Holly - but it worked.

The way Ant treated his ex wife was unforgivable and I'm certain that she went through hell living with him at the height of his addiction. I'm delighted for her that she got the house and that huge payout. She deserved it and more.

Interesting that Caroline was brought into that. She was treated very differently.

• Heart

Beverley Macker

VIP Member
Pete Burns and Barrymore were absolute cunts on Celeb BB to Jodie Marsh, there would be outrage now, couple of bitchy, vicious misogynists.

• Heart
Reactions: 40