Secret Celebrity Gossip #102

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kate Bosworth is back to her cringey self when it comes to her boyfriend
View attachment 1853011

Stephen Fry also said that women don’t like sex as it’s the price they pay for a relationship and that he feels sorry for straight men.
"If women liked sex as much as men, there would be straight cruising areas in the way there are gay cruising areas. Women would go and hang around in churchyards thinking: 'God, I've got to get my bleeping rocks off', or they'd go to Hampstead Heath and meet strangers to shag behind a bush. It doesn't happen. Why? Because the only women you can have sex with like that wish to be paid for it…Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, 'Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!' But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?"
Such misogyny is so typical from gay men. There is so many reasons women don’t go around looking for sex - safety issue, social issues, etc. But according to the enlightened genius that is Stephen Fry it’s because women hate sex.
What a warped take on it... He completely ignores the fact that aspect of gay culture us rooted in the fact that homosexuality was illegal and taboo. For many men, if they wanted to have sex with other men then that was their only way to find other men. Straight people didn't have to go to those lengths, they could pick someone up in a nightclub etc...which does happen without money changing hands 🙄

Reactions: 55
The reason men used to cruise was because homosexuality was illegal and frowned upon for many years, is it not?

Reactions: 49
View attachment 1853011

Stephen Fry also said that women don’t like sex as it’s the price they pay for a relationship and that he feels sorry for straight men.
"If women liked sex as much as men, there would be straight cruising areas in the way there are gay cruising areas. Women would go and hang around in churchyards thinking: 'God, I've got to get my bleeping rocks off', or they'd go to Hampstead Heath and meet strangers to shag behind a bush. It doesn't happen. Why? Because the only women you can have sex with like that wish to be paid for it…Of course, a lot of women will deny this and say, 'Oh no, but I love sex, I love it!' But do they go around having it the way that gay men do?"
Such misogyny is so typical from gay men. There is so many reasons women don’t go around looking for sex - safety issue, social issues, etc. But according to the enlightened genius that is Stephen Fry it’s because women hate sex.
Stephen Fry really is as thick as two short planks isn't he.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1853011

I mean, aside from what people have said about those things being rooted in the oppression of gay people, has he never heard of dogging? Or sex clubs? Or hook-up apps? Women do go out looking to have sex, they just do it in a different way than gay men sometimes do.

Reactions: 31
He's also missing the point that a lot of women simply don't need to especially look for sex. It's much more likely that women will be offered sex by men (in a wide variety of circumstances) than men will by women. And I don't only mean young and/or especially good-looking women, either.

I'm adding that last part because there is a section of men out there who imagine only certain groups of women can easily find sex. Not the case.

Reactions: 40
No way! This is going to end in tears.
I watched her video of them two justifying their relationship and he came across as a bit of a cnut to be honest
Oh lorrrrrd, I had to go find her on instagram to verify this for myself cos I could not actually believe it 😳🤯 No idea about him, but I’ve crossed paths with her a few times in a work context… always been lovely and friendly but just came across as very try-hard, like she was desperately trying to present an image of herself to the world instead of just being herself, yknow? And very open/vocal about mental health, which I 100% support, but she came across very earnest, like she was sharing to get validation and praise from other people, rather than for entirely altruistic, awareness reasons. Just doesn’t seem comfortable in her own skin, for all she talks about it.

Anyway she’ll love that she’s popped up on a “celeb” thread 😂 but serious uh-oh vibes about that relationship 😬😬😬

….and now back to actual celebs 🙈

Reactions: 10
What a warped take on it... He completely ignores the fact that aspect of gay culture us rooted in the fact that homosexuality was illegal and taboo. For many men, if they wanted to have sex with other men then that was their only way to find other men. Straight people didn't have to go to those lengths, they could pick someone up in a nightclub etc...which does happen without money changing hands 🙄
Exactly. Anyone who’s experienced the slowies/erection section at 2am in a 90s nightclub knows that the straight version of what Stephen Fry is describing on Hampstead Heath happened every Friday & Saturday night in clubs in every town in the UK!

• Haha
Reactions: 36
View attachment 1853011

It is also literally only in the last 50 or 60 years, that women have been able to have sex, without the constant worry of getting pregnant! It maybe takes a few generations for these kind of long held beliefs /concerns/worries to take effect!

if a young woman went out looking for sex 100 years ago, in say 1923, there would be a real danger she could get pregnant from casual sex, and unlike today with small family units of 1 or 2 children, women could get pregnant annually and end up with a massive brood of 13 or 14 children to look after.

This to me is a major reason why a lot of women dont go around traditionally looking for sex, but do look for safety and security from relationships! Yes I do know times have changed, and we now have contraception and most women are capable of preventing pregnancy... but...... I think these echoes of the past do still exist in society.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I like her but I always thought her older half-sister Samantha was the one who would become the big star.
She was in London's Burning, then seemingly nothing? I remember the tabloids at the time making a big thing about her - Samantha - being Richard Beckinsdale's daughter.

Wouldn't have expected her to be a big star but certainly a stalwart of British telly like Sarah Lancashire, Lesley Sharp etc

Reactions: 14
I’ve seen a lot today on TikTok and subsequently twitter when I looked it up about Benedict Cumberbatch and his family background if bring slave owners, people are coming for him to pay back the £6k (3M in todays money) that his family were compensated when giving their 250 slaves freedom. There’s also an MP Richard Drax who from what ive seen, his family still own the plantation land
When starting out, Benedict’s mum encouraged him not to use the Cumberbatch name in case of being targeted

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Apologies if this has already been discussed but I have just been reading the Zac Efron thread and someone on there is claiming they have heard rumours that he is extremely sick with some kind of stomach cancer! Leaked text messages or something from a nurse who works at Cedars Sinai Hospital.
there’s rumours. He does look strange but could be from getting the physique required for his movie. Stomach cancer can be caused by steroid use so it’s certainly possible. Taking it as a rumour for now. Poor form from the nurse who has leaked if true.

Reactions: 15
This is a bit off topic but has anyone read a (ex) showbiz manager’s book that explains how that world works? How they get work, negotiate fees, publicity etc? I think it would be fascinating but guess once you do it you are maybe revealing things people you worked for don’t want to be so maybe unusual to write one

Reactions: 4
there’s rumours. He does look strange but could be from getting the physique required for his movie. Stomach cancer can be caused by steroid use so it’s certainly possible. Taking it as a rumour for now. Poor form from the nurse who has leaked if true.
Stomach cancer is quite debilitating so I doubt he would be able to play a wrestler if he’s sick?

Reactions: 7
There's a blast from the secret celeb gossip past :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
This is before my time....do tell me more!

re Kate Beckinsdale, I loved her Father. He was a beautiful man. I remember watching Porridge with my Dad when I was about 9 or 10 and thinking how handsome he was. I was devastated when Dad told me he was dead.
He'd got a long career ahead of him. Such a shame.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.