Secret Celeb Gossip #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree that the appeal of Dubai is completely lost on me- (it’s a city in UAE , not a country,tho very common mistake worth pointing out)
It’s very clear that Dubai appeals to a certain type of person, but they tend to love it. A lot of people are attracted to things that have a whiff of wealth or promote materialism, even if they can’t admit it. But to admire Dubai you see money as decoration itself, that’s basically what gold leaf and chandeliers are for. It’s no wonder so many youtubers are crazy about the place too because they have a similar mindset - how many can you think of that would prefer to spend 5k on a hoody plastered with the Gucci logo than the same amount on a really beautifully made designer piece, something that still looks expensive but lacks the universal recognition and associated price tag of a massive Gucci logo?
Sorry I’ve gone so OT but Dubai is the Gucci of cities ...

Saudi Arabia is a whole other thing ... the politics are what baffle and intrigue me ... has the crown prince still got all those other lesser princes locked up in the ritz ? 30 or 40 of them wasn’t it ?! That is a story that is way under reported for sure ....but I’ve gone off topic too much already to start getting into the UK governments dodgy deals ....
Our reason for heading to Dubai was a lot more mercenary than that - we were offered a fantastic salary at the time which helped us start our married life. It’s not for everyone, I missed my family a lot (although we were lucky to have lots of them visit).

Certainly materialism is a reason some people go but it’s not everyone who thinks like that. We worked hard and saved hard, lived in a quiet area and enjoyed the good weather. We were also a newly married couple with our first child on the way so our outlook was a lot different to others.

The areas you see plastered all over Insta etc by various ‘influencers’ are merely that - a very small area of a very large city.

I don’t know anything about Saudi, it never appealed to me but that is for sure where they are advertising the huge salaries these days. The huge packages in Dubai are long gone and after talking to friends still there I can see a lot of people having to move home after the current situation.

Reactions: 10
My husband has been offered jobs there a few times. We would go. Like previous posters said you can have a normalish life. But the packages aren’t what they used to be. So the money’s not really there. And there are certain jobs you can’t get because of ethnicity. It’s very racist. He’s white so would have better chances that applicants from Asia etc.

New hot spot for jobs! Saudi!!!!!
Not a hope that I’d go there. But they’re trying to refresh their image. Did anyone see that tit show of a festival they put on? Invited all the influencer crowd. All the VS models in the world can’t detract from appealing human rights records.
I know it’s an auto correct or similar but the bib really amused me. I should probably get out more!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I know it’s an auto correct or similar but the bib really amused me. I should probably get out more!
OMG I didn’t even notice that. I have really fat, fast fingers and don’t proof read. My posts on here make me look completely illiterate 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Our reason for heading to Dubai was a lot more mercenary than that - we were offered a fantastic salary at the time which helped us start our married life. It’s not for everyone, I missed my family a lot (although we were lucky to have lots of them visit).

Certainly materialism is a reason some people go but it’s not everyone who thinks like that. We worked hard and saved hard, lived in a quiet area and enjoyed the good weather. We were also a newly married couple with our first child on the way so our outlook was a lot different to others.

The areas you see plastered all over Insta etc by various ‘influencers’ are merely that - a very small area of a very large city.

I don’t know anything about Saudi, it never appealed to me but that is for sure where they are advertising the huge salaries these days. The huge packages in Dubai are long gone and after talking to friends still there I can see a lot of people having to move home after the current situation.
Thanks for such a calm informative response. Because in retrospect my post come across snobby and ignorant. I’m going to say it was the product of trying to be vaguely insightful at an unnatural hour and following an 11 hour shift, because I usually would avoid such lazy generalisations (I hope) Of course I know not everyone in Dubai is hyper materialistic and only there for glitz- or even that orb a migrant worker in a staff or labourer role so still part of the same ecosystem of extreme luxury.

I was so focused on the issues I have with that world and influencers who revere it I lost persoective. I’m well aware plenty of young and not so young professionals move there for work like you and even if the pay is high (or was) its unfair and kind of stupid to imply they are all shallow materialists rather than making smart financial decisions.

Back on topic now sorry ...

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Thanks for such a calm informative response. Because in retrospect my post come across snobby and ignorant. I’m going to say it was the product of trying to be vaguely insightful at an unnatural hour and following an 11 hour shift, because I usually would avoid such lazy generalisations (I hope) Of course I know not everyone in Dubai is hyper materialistic and only there for glitz- or even that orb a migrant worker in a staff or labourer role so still part of the same ecosystem of extreme luxury.

I was so focused on the issues I have with that world and influencers who revere it I lost persoective. I’m well aware plenty of young and not so young professionals move there for work like you and even if the pay is high (or was) its unfair and kind of stupid to imply they are all shallow materialists rather than making smart financial decisions.

Back on topic now sorry ...
No problems at all and absolutely no need to apologise. Dubai seems to be a bit like marmite - people either love it or hate it. Don’t get me wrong, there are elements about it that I can’t stand but it served us well and does have some awesome parts that you don’t hear about as much.

Anyway, sorry for diverting the topic!! I love this thread, it cheers me up and distracts me in a pretty crappy time. I have zero celebrity gossip, just come here to read 😂

So thank you and keep up the good work!

Reactions: 7
Anna Faris has an eating disorder, she had it before Chris Pratt and her split, but finding out she was cheated on and the stress of her husbands body transformation and him becoming an A-Lister overnight, intensified it.
Who did he cheat with?

Reactions: 3
Who did he cheat with?
Supposedly Jennifer Lawrence when they were filming a movie together (I'm so lazy I'm not Googling the name ... Passengers maybe?) It was so predictable that when he got buff he left her, the mother of his child and woman who loved him when he was nothing special to look at.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Jason Momoa is a notorious cheat, he and Lisa Bonet stay together just for the sake of it. She knew what she was getting into as she was the mistress for one time.
Wahey! There is hope for me! Joking of course (though I wouldn’t say no if I had the chance, who would?) 😅

Anyone know anything about Dave Navarro? He was in RHCP, and Jane’s addiction and now is solo and has a bit of a TV career. He used to be all over social media and was very good at interacting with fans online then one day he suddenly deleted all his accounts and seems to be no mention of him from others.

Reactions: 5
You make them sound like singular events but I swear he had a huge coke habit for a time and a full blown affair with Courtney love.
didn’t Love claim to be pregnant with his baby at some point too?

Reactions: 3
Not sure who he cheated with, but isn’t he engaged or married to one of the Schwarzenegger daughters now? It’s a shame Chris Pratt went that way as in my head he was just like Andy Dwyer from Parks & Rec
He’s now in one of those crazed Christian Hollywood churches who obviously care more about money than preaching the word of the lord.

Reactions: 10
Really? God, I heard the rumours but I didn't think Jen would do that.
Crazy Days and Nights was abuzz with stories about her being quite a cow. Begging Nicholas Hoult her ex to get back with her when he was with someone else. Shagging Weinstein for her Oscar. The way that site portrayed her (it's full of a lot of shite so who knows) she seemed pretty unpleasant.

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Crazy Days and Nights was abuzz with stories about her being quite a cow. Begging Nicholas Hoult her ex to get back with her when he was with someone else. Shagging Weinstein for her Oscar. The way that site portrayed her (it's full of a lot of shite so who knows) she seemed pretty unpleasant.
Funnily enough Nicholas Hoult was stupid enough to get a hanger on pregnant. The mother of his child was well known to hang around male celebrities like the band 5 seconds of summer and would sleep with them in hopes of getting pregnant but they were wise to her and would always use protection regardless of if she said she was on the pill or not.

• Wow
Reactions: 18
Speaking of Nicholas Hoult... Any gossip on the skins cast, especially Luke Pasqualino or Jack O'Connell 😍😍 I used to be obsessed with them back in the day 😄

Reactions: 13
Supposedly Jennifer Lawrence when they were filming a movie together (I'm so lazy I'm not Googling the name ... Passengers maybe?) It was so predictable that when he got buff he left her, the mother of his child and woman who loved him when he was nothing special to look at.
Isnt he involved in that weird church now

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.